Rake...

• hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Hi

I wan't to learn more a about rake and rakeback that everybody is talking about. A bit funny that i haven't learned about it sooner but... Rake is a % of the pot the house takes right? And what is "rakeback"? Is it exactly what it sounds like? How do i get my rake back? And what is a rakeback bonus and other rakestuff or watherver=P

Just please tell me all i need to know about rake and i'll be very happy=)
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, hvard92

I'll start w/ the easy question.

In cash games rake is a fee that is taken from each pot.
      It is usually stated as a percentage, and the percentage may vary depending on the limit you are playing. In addition, there is a limit (called a cap) to the amount of rake.

For example, if the rake is 5% with a limit of 1$, then if the pot is $1 then the rake is 5 cents. If the pot is $10, then the rake is 50 cents. If the pot is $20, then the rake is $1, but no matter how big the pot is after that, the rake will always be $1.

The rake is taken from the pot before it goes to the winner(s), however ever player in the hand at the flop is credited with a share in the rake in proportion to how much they contribute to the pot. This credit determines how many loyalty points a player earns for that hand.

In most cases, players who fold before the flop are not credited in any part of the rake in the pot unless they put money in before they folded.

Rakeback occurs in various forms.
      Some rooms grant loyalty points that can be exchanged for cash, for bonuses or tournament tickets.

Some rooms have schemes in conjunction with affiliates like PokerStrategy.com that actually pay back a percentage of the rake.

Each room will have somewhere on there website a table of rake charged.

For tournaments, the buy-in is usually written as $X.XX + $Y.YY where the $X.XX goes into the prize pool and the $Y.YY portion is a fee which earns you points, or is subject to rakeback. Note that in tournaments, no rake is charge hand-by-hand.

I probably left stuff out, but the others will fill it in.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Some rooms have schemes in conjunction with affiliates like PokerStrategy.com that actually pay back a percentage of the rake.

Is that e.g. the gemstones?

I probably left stuff out, but the others will fill it in.

What do you mean?:)
    • DonkeyDirk
      DonkeyDirk
      Silver
      The most easy example to explain rakeback is with Unibet. When you make an account on unibet via pokerstrategy.com you get 30% rakeback. So you play a cashgame session and you have payed 100 EUR in rake. When you stop your session you have a tab in the unibet software where you can claim your rakeback. You get 30% of the 100 EUR you raked in that session. So you get 30 EUR rakeback. :)

On some other pokerrooms they pay the rakeback on a weekly basis so when you raked 100 EUR on a week and you got a rakeback deal of 30 % you get 30 EUR back at the end of the week :)

Hope this explains it abit :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks DonkeyDirk - you nailed it IMO!
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Thanks guys! I have no more questions :)