FL holdem HU

• 26 replies
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      For cash games below 2/4? No, rake's too high to beat playing against anyone capable of tying their own shoes

HU SNGs at micro stakes however are crushable
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Moved to the relevant board :)
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      been trying out the new FL zoom tables, at .25/.5

Yes I think rake is massive, which could be a factor other than run bad.

But I see a ton of people spewing and hoping they hit their miracle turn or river, and it happens quite often for them
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Spew is relative :)

In NL or other such games the cost of a bluff or a call is so much higher that ranges are extremely narrow

In FL it's very cheap to bluff/call. This leads to humongously wide ranges for both compared to NL and can seem very uncomfortable.

Of course some people take it too far and if they hit, well that's just variance. You know long term they won't make money with that play but FL is the ultimate long term grind game
    • floaty
      floaty
      Bronze
      I play HU at 0.05/0.10 on iPoker to get to silver here on ps and I'm doing really well, but the sample isnt near anything viable so far, but it seems doable. But thats mostly because people are terrible. But yea, the rake is a killer in those games, which helps getting that strategy point fairly fast :f_grin: I was considering it as a project for the level-up campaign here on pokerstrategy to get to gold, cause the rake back from that + a deposit bonus would be silly in value. Think you get 1 sp/$0.20 on william hill, so you'de rake like $2*20days for $20 from the level-up, so thats 50% rake back there, and then I think the deposit bonus is at around 27% or something so a total of 77% rake back! But I kinda side tracked there sorry. But the games are beatable there, just not sure how rewarding it is ;) I just do it cause I got my free $10
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      pretty not convinced at all.

There's this hyper aggro tard who is a reg ( seen him at those tables for days now)

Such a retarded style, but still there, because it is alll about hitting..
    • floaty
      floaty
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tommygecko
      pretty not convinced at all.

There's this hyper aggro tard who is a reg ( seen him at those tables for days now)

Such a retarded style, but still there, because it is alll about hitting..
      On iPoker 0.10? and if so, who is it?

edit. nvm, notice the zoom-post now
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      can i write his sn here?
    • floaty
      floaty
      Bronze
      perhaps thats not allowed, I have no idea actually :f_grin:
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      he's making feel that hands like 74 are premiums. so annoying
      Bronze
      pb baskets ? hes the only reg ive seen rest is fish @ this afternoon monday 25-11-2013

and yeah he plays fairly retarded. But its not like 74 is a premium and I would play 74 HU vs a alot. Thats not uncommon for HUFL
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      nybas100 too, super aggro fish lol. I've seen him 2 tabling everyday since the tables opened
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Yeah 74 is a perfectly playable HUHU hand and if you flop a decent draw or a decent pair the going marginally nuts is the best response.

It's a wide range on wide range situation where you miss more often that you hit on the flop. Most FL HU players will look like animals if they're playing anything like correctly and, unlike in 6-max or FR where you can get away with a nitty style and playing maniacally and loose is the fastest way to lose money, in HUHU it's actually reversed.

The fastest way to lose money in HUHU FL is by over-folding, because the most common situation is "you have a weak-marginal hand"
      Bronze
      nybas100 too, super aggro fish lol. I've seen him 2 tabling everyday since the tables opened
      nybas100 is not a reg hes just a maniac. like fish maniac. i saw him cap turn and river with Q4s high.

and as i see through my hm2 ive taken about $80 dollar from him at 5/Tc and 10/20c alone.
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avataren
      nybas100 is not a reg hes just a maniac. like fish maniac. i saw him cap turn and river with Q4s high.

and as i see through my hm2 ive taken about $80 dollar from him at 5/Tc and 10/20c alone.
      HU? or 6M/FR

Yea, he's a reg fish maniac. lol. But I'm not running too good against him:/

too much money to lose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avataren

HU? or 6M/FR

Yea, he's a reg fish maniac. lol. But I'm not running too good against him:/

too much money to lose
      HU and 6max .. I have played like a few k hands of FR and i hate it more than anything lol :D so boring
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      i've played 1927 hands of FL HU .25/.5

Rake paid: $52.95

thats 5.5BB/100 rake. Is that too high to beat?
      Bronze
      i've played 1927 hands of FL HU .25/.5

Rake paid: $52.95

thats 5.5BB/100 rake. Is that too high to beat?
      not impossible but going to be hard I think.
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Pretty much impossible unless you completely limit yourself to playing utter droolers, which Zoom won't let you do

Really $2/$4 is the absolute lowest level you should be playing HUHU and even then it's really rough to beat the rake