[NL2-NL10] tp im freeplay

• allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      SB:
      $245,05
      Hero:
      $40,00

1,00/2,00 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , 5:spade:
      4 folds, MP2 calls $2,00, 3 folds, SB calls $1,00, Hero checks.

sb 15/7/1.5/67/131 (vpip/pfr/af/wts/hh)

Flop: ($6,00) 2:diamond: , 4:club: , K:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4,00, MP2 folds, SB raises to $12,00, Hero folds.

b/f correct? i don't think he would raise a weaker hand then mine???

Final Pot: $22,00
  • 7 replies
      Bronze
      IMHO the perfect play. I mean, you don't want to give up tp without a fight, but more than one bet's too much.

Check/raise in unraised pot shoves some strength I think.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      I'd bet more around 50% pot instead 3/4, you don't rly want to put a lot of money, but you want to ask a question "are my kings good?" and if he reraises/calls you, there is your answer.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      1/2 pot is not enough when you are 3 way for a probe bet.
      you can get a lot of calls for eg A2-A5 some pp's. sometimes trash that wants to float you and so on.
      Bronze
      To Puciek: smaller bet does exactly the opposite! You're signalising weakness and can be raised freely. But if you bet big and get raised, it's more likely you're behind.

Also, you have to cbet the same amount on same flops like always if you don't want to get exploited.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 098799
      To Puciek: smaller bet does exactly the opposite! You're signalising weakness and can be raised freely. But if you bet big and get raised, it's more likely you're behind.

Also, you have to cbet the same amount on same flops like always if you don't want to get exploited.
      You can't talk here about c-bet because he didnt bet prefloop (i love to catch ppl on this one ;p) the thing here is a probe bet which got different purpose than c-bet.
      But alllzdor got point here, i forgot about 3rd player
      Bronze
      Yup, missspell by me.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      SB has you stacked and can afford to push you around, so if you must bet, dont show weakness.
      Here you have TP garbage kicker, backdoor wheel draw on dry board with 2 villians. You are oop and need to see if villian behind you has anything. I am checking the flop, hoping for a free card (or calling small bet) to improve my hand or wheel draw. (imagine MP minbets and SB fires at it, easy fold, no risk)
      As SSSr I tend to play tight post-flop without a made hand, and we need one less street to get all in by river. Blind-vs-blind I am betting like a made hand.
      I am still at the lower limits myself, so there are more fish that call pot size turn bets and then call river (married to thier hand) or they call/fold and I can leave the table at 25BB+
      Example 1: check to turn, you improve, you fire pot size, SB calls, pot size now $18, you bet potsize on river, SB folds, you leave table with $52, or he decides to chum-call or try to push you off and you cash in big time.
      In this case you pee'd 2BBs down a hole that could have otherwise bought you 18 more hands.
      Am I rambling again...?
      :D