[NL2-NL10] c/R im freeplay

• allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP1:
      $137,70
      MP2:
      $111,50
      MP3:
      $222,90
      CO:
      $328,00
      BU:
      $201,75
      SB:
      $138,40
      Hero:
      $41,00
      UTG:
      $110,70
      UTG+1:
      $200,00
      UTG+2:
      $197,00

1,00/2,00 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:club: , Q:diamond:
      UTG calls $2,00, 7 folds, SB calls $1,00, Hero checks.

27/7/1.3/60/91 (vpip/pfr/af/wts/hh)

Flop: ($6,00) A:spade: , A:heart: , 6:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $8,00, SB folds, Hero raises to $18,00, UTG calls $10,00.

i think i loose a lot of money in the freeplays.
        i think i am ahead against utg so i consider to c/r i think he must interpret my c/r as a realy strong move, so i get scared when he called me.

Turn: ($42,00) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $10,00, Hero folds.

now i think its to weak to play c/f his minbet is ugly but i think i should bet. with the q i have secound best pair and i will beat nearly every pocket how could try to steal the pot und also protect against fd's.

Final Pot: $52,00
  • 6 replies
      Bronze
      I'm leaving this one unjudged, but I'm pretty sure he has this ace after his overbet on the flop. Minbet on the turn confirms it ('call me please'), but let's hear xylere or anybody else.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      I'd fold here, it's not worth risking all your stack on so low pair, especialy after huge bet.
      But if you decide to play, i would go allin here instead that weaker check/raise (you raised only 2,2 size of his bet) to generate max fold equity. After that check/raise, going allin on turn was obvious, and you don't want him to sit with ie. KQ and hit it on turn.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      either bet/fold or check/fold the flop

checkcall is of course not an option and checkraise overcommits you to the pot.
      you could checkraise if he bets smaller but here it is just too expensive.

A UTG limper overbetting the flop against two opponents....i dont like to invest anything here. If he wants to bluff, why so big? Either you/SB have an Ace or you dont, no need to invest so much here.

If you cr the flop you should really push the turn against flushdraws and pockets. The odds are too good imo.

I dare judging it, you can reopen the thread anyways :)

btw, why dont you post in the german forum?
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      i post here, because there are some good judges which plays a bit different then the german ones, that could be very interessting for me.

and I feel like there is a bad atmosphere between some german sssler.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      i think i loose a lot of money in the freeplays

At least you can spot a hole in your boat :D
      The question is: can you plug the leak?
      When you are playing from the blinds you simply must give your villians credit unless you have a made hand (2 pair or TP ace/king kicker). Remember they have all VP$IP so the chances of your errant 6 being the best hand on the river are rare, and you have virtually no outs to improve. This board looks like trips vs FD and you have neither, I am c/f this hand and wait for a better spot.
      As played you hit your out vs small pockets and you are still ahead of the FD, so when you donk bet, then you fish out, you simply cannot stop, so donk the turn and push all-in, you showed considerable aggression on the flop, why did you lose your Khahunas when you improved on the turn? Push or check/push is your only option on the turn IMO

When I first started SSS, overplaying freeplays was a huge leak. I was able to spot it (as are you) and fix it. Patience and discipline are key... simply fold out unless you have a made hand, or are getting correct odds to call. If you have a made hand, bet, and push at first good opportunity. Simple, effective. Any hand you dont raise PF with is a RAG, treat it as such unless it turns into a fine suit, then wear it to the river dance. +EV is everything, c/r with rag = -EV. FOLD
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      once UTG bets with 60 WTS and 1.3 AF, I only can see he has either FH, Trips, 2 pair or a FlushDraw.

Against FH: Dog
      Against Trips: Dog
      2 Pair: small dog or BreakEven
      Draw: 66/33

If you decide to check/raise on the Flop, lead out on the Turn to prevent a free card that might be the third or .

Leading out on the Flop firstly gives you an advantage so Bet/Fold is my choice. On the Turn I would be leading out as well unless a card came.

So I think Villain has something and if you decide to play this one, take, hold and maintain the iniative.

- Gerv