Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $199.75
      Hero:
      $54.75

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:diamond: , J:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, BU folds, SB raises to $5.75, BB folds, Hero calls $4.00.

Flop: ($12.00) 9:spade: , K:diamond: , 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.00, SB calls $7.00.

Turn: ($26.00) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($26.00) 7:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $187.00 (All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $26.00

I think I maybe should have bet more on the flop.
      On the turn I checked to call a reasonable river bet. But after his push I thought it's too risky to call
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Against 26/26/5 I´d 4-bet pf and go with my hand. I think that often enough he´d 3-bet quite loose and although calling pf is fine, he´d take pot down postflop if there is Q, K, A on the board.
      You can fold river, he mostly has here AK or set.
    • MrSvingKing
      MrSvingKing
      Bronze
      How about cheking behind flop, and evaluate turn ?

Why do you think he will 3-bet loose as SB
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Checking flop is fine, but if A comes and he bet, would you fold?
      I think b/f flop is probably better, getting for free river card and hopefully getting cheap showdown.
      Player stats are common to lag who would often splash around by 3-betting, c/r, re-raising on drawy flops. That kind of players often 3-bet loose, since others are playing too tight/passive against them.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I guess the fold would be fine, i'd assume he'll have a set here, seeing him trap you with a check.

You only had 48 hands from him but if those stats are accurate i'd either 4-bet as kaitz said or, if you just call, not cbet at all because you often get reraised by air on flop and have to fold. I'd wait for a hand where you are ahead. The risk of him haveing a K here, however his stats appear, is there. If I don't have a read on him that he does often stealraise with sc kinda hands, I'd probably check here. Maybe check/call. Some players see a call stronger than a raise and maybe he'd stop bluffing on his air on turn then and you got some value.
      Depends what I feel like ^^ :D

gen
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      i would put him on QQ. nowadays almost every1 is calling cbet with a mediocre hand and wait to see what is happening on the turn, and ur bet on the flop was a pure cbet - 7$ when pot is 12. after checking turn you showed weakness and on the river he just decided to scare u

i would bet more on flop and fold if reraise and if i just get called i would play c/f