This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 JJ riverpush

• Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $199.75
      Hero:
      $54.75

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:diamond: , J:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, BU folds, SB raises to $5.75, BB folds, Hero calls $4.00.

Flop: ($12.00) 9:spade: , K:diamond: , 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.00, SB calls $7.00.

Turn: ($26.00) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($26.00) 7:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $187.00 (All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $26.00

I think I maybe should have bet more on the flop.
      On the turn I checked to call a reasonable river bet. But after his push I thought it's too risky to call
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Against 26/26/5 I´d 4-bet pf and go with my hand. I think that often enough he´d 3-bet quite loose and although calling pf is fine, he´d take pot down postflop if there is Q, K, A on the board.
      You can fold river, he mostly has here AK or set.
    • MrSvingKing
      MrSvingKing
      Bronze
      How about cheking behind flop, and evaluate turn ?

Why do you think he will 3-bet loose as SB
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Checking flop is fine, but if A comes and he bet, would you fold?
      I think b/f flop is probably better, getting for free river card and hopefully getting cheap showdown.
      Player stats are common to lag who would often splash around by 3-betting, c/r, re-raising on drawy flops. That kind of players often 3-bet loose, since others are playing too tight/passive against them.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I guess the fold would be fine, i'd assume he'll have a set here, seeing him trap you with a check.

You only had 48 hands from him but if those stats are accurate i'd either 4-bet as kaitz said or, if you just call, not cbet at all because you often get reraised by air on flop and have to fold. I'd wait for a hand where you are ahead. The risk of him haveing a K here, however his stats appear, is there. If I don't have a read on him that he does often stealraise with sc kinda hands, I'd probably check here. Maybe check/call. Some players see a call stronger than a raise and maybe he'd stop bluffing on his air on turn then and you got some value.
      Depends what I feel like ^^ :D

gen
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      i would put him on QQ. nowadays almost every1 is calling cbet with a mediocre hand and wait to see what is happening on the turn, and ur bet on the flop was a pure cbet - 7$ when pot is 12. after checking turn you showed weakness and on the river he just decided to scare u

i would bet more on flop and fold if reraise and if i just get called i would play c/f