Problems with the final HU

• Titanpoker333
      I play sng a lot and I'm quite profitable, but I think that I have one weakness. When I'm in the final HU, my play sudenly change. I'm losing concetration and just not playing my A-Game anymore. It's like my brain gets sutesfied that I'm in the money and switch to some B mode. I can win like only 1 of 3 final HU, but regular head's ups sng (1on1) I win around 2,5 sng and lose only 1. Do you have any ideas how can I increase the winning rate, because it's searten I could win much more money. Thank you.
  • 3 replies
    • nsavov
      When you play normal HUs you probably play 1 or 2 tables, while you play like 8-12 SnGs and when you get heads up in 1 or 2 of them, you get shorthanded in the others SnG. Basically you have to play more hands in all the tables AND you have less time because there are less people you should wait for the action to get back to you.
      Play less tables ;)
    • qb4
      Just try to focus. Remind yourself that, after bubble, HU is the place you're winning most money.
      Review your hands and search for mistakes.

Also you can be on HU downswing...
    • maythany
      HU are usually swingy because you are around 10-13BB effective when you are heads up.

With that being said, and I know it's easier said than done, but being the chip leading heading to HU will greatly see you place in 1st more often in the long run.

If you have 2:1 chip stack and are chip leader then the small stack is risking it all while if you call and lose, you still have chips to grind back.