[NL20-NL50] A2s stealraise

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands

BB (23,27)
      MP3 (68,50)
      SB (25,10)

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](5 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2:heart: , A:heart:
      [color:red]MP3 raises to $1,25[/color], [color:grey]2 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $3,50[/color], BB calls $3,25, MP3 calls $2,25.

Flop: ($10,50) K:heart: , Q:club: , 4:heart: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, [color:red]BB bets $3,74[/color], [color:grey]MP3 folds[/color], Hero calls $3,74.

Turn: ($17,98) 8:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, [color:red]BB bets $12,81[/color], [color:grey]Hero folds[/color].

Final Pot: $30,79

---

Alright, I didn't have a raised hand on this table yet so I decide to stealraise the guy that bet for the third time in a row. Unfortunately I get called by BB and him. I c/c the bet on flop because of nut flush draw and great implied odds. I hit nothing and fold to the huge bet on turn. Everything ok? I ASSUME my implieds would be at least a hpsb since he bet out against 2 players in a big pot on a KQ board. He should have something.

gen
  • 7 replies
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      I like a shove on flop:

pot is 14$ already, you have 21.5$ behind.

Your overcard + nutflushdraw + 2 runner runner straight options should give you enough equity, enough to stick it in.

His bet on the flop seems weak (not trying to protect against anything) so he'll fold to a shove a lot of times too.

I'd shove here:
      - Pick up a nice pot if he folds (half a stack :D )
      - You have enough equity to see a showdown.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      With his range calling preflop being about 66+, A9s+, KJs+, QJs, JTs, T9s, ATo+, KJo+, assuming he is loose, i get about 55%. I assume he c-bets with every hand. So I guess a shove would actually work.

gen
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hand that is too strong, like yours, you can´t really avoid all-in on the flop or turn.
      One option would be c/rai on the flop, since you have huge fold equity+ great equity if called.
      Other option would be bet 8$ on the flop and shove any turn card or call shove on the flop.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Well it's not really like a monster draw ... it's 9+3 outs ... if i have that many, of course.

gen
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      I check push here personally, but all in on flop seems fine too, dont like the call.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Well he gives me a cheap draw. Why not take it?

gen
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Because you have fold equity so if you don´t hit your draw you still have to c/f, but if you push then he´d also fold some time and if he calls then you have good equity against his calling range.