This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 Q9s MP2

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5.98
      MP1:
      $11.55
      Hero:
      $15.14
      MP3:
      $1.82

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:club: , 9:club:
      MP1 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, MP3 raises to $0.16, 3 folds, BB calls $0.12, MP1 calls $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.66) 7:diamond: , 6:club: , Q:heart: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP3 raises to $0.93, 3 folds.

Final Pot: $1.99

I played Q9s because BB and MP1 where practically giving their money away (notice my stack), my image is that I bet with the goods but MP3 raises with the ss. Is it a good decision to fold here? Im a bit confused as to when I am pot commited and when I can still fold.
  • 3 replies
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      I don't like playing Q9 against loose players, you'll often find yourself in large multi-way pot with mediocre hand.

Postflop I like bet/fold line, you have to make statement about your hand, c/r imo is too expensive & aggressive and c/call also won't tell you anything about the villains hand, but lets see what judges say about post flop
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by armo
      I don't like playing Q9 against loose players, you'll often find yourself in large multi-way pot with mediocre hand.
      thnx for your post,

I dont aim for TP with this type of hand, hence the fold. I aim for straight, flush or 2 pair against extremely bad players =)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by armo
      thnx for your post,

I dont aim for TP with this type of hand, hence the fold. I aim for straight, flush or 2 pair against extremely bad players =)
      You don´t hit straight, flush or 2 pair often enough to make pf limp and call oop profitable.
      Don´t like leading out, since MP3 is shortstack, so he´d often shove here even with A high.
      I´d c/f or c/rai if I think that I´m ahead or behind on that flop.