$5.98
      MP1:
      $11.55
      Hero:
      $15.14
      MP3:
      $1.82

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:club: , 9:club:
      MP1 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, MP3 raises to $0.16, 3 folds, BB calls $0.12, MP1 calls $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.66) 7:diamond: , 6:club: , Q:heart: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP3 raises to $0.93, 3 folds.

Final Pot: $1.99

I played Q9s because BB and MP1 where practically giving their money away (notice my stack), my image is that I bet with the goods but MP3 raises with the ss. Is it a good decision to fold here? Im a bit confused as to when I am pot commited and when I can still fold.
  • 3 replies
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      I don't like playing Q9 against loose players, you'll often find yourself in large multi-way pot with mediocre hand.

Postflop I like bet/fold line, you have to make statement about your hand, c/r imo is too expensive & aggressive and c/call also won't tell you anything about the villains hand, but lets see what judges say about post flop
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by armo
      I don't like playing Q9 against loose players, you'll often find yourself in large multi-way pot with mediocre hand.
      thnx for your post,

I dont aim for TP with this type of hand, hence the fold. I aim for straight, flush or 2 pair against extremely bad players =)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by armo
      thnx for your post,

I dont aim for TP with this type of hand, hence the fold. I aim for straight, flush or 2 pair against extremely bad players =)
      You don´t hit straight, flush or 2 pair often enough to make pf limp and call oop profitable.
      Don´t like leading out, since MP3 is shortstack, so he´d often shove here even with A high.
      I´d c/f or c/rai if I think that I´m ahead or behind on that flop.