ched2803

• ched2803
      ched2803
      Bronze
      HI,

I've been playing poker for 1 year. i've tried all games type for nl hold'em from CG FR to SNG hu. From that, I've decided to play CG SH, so here i'm to improve my poker.

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I like math and i like money so poker is a good way to mix both. But sincerely, at this moment, win money is the major motivation for playing poker.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

My biggest weaknesses is to be too result oriented and not ev oriented and this caused me a lot of problems ( several brokes due to tilt etc... ).

Other weaknesses is to multitable a lot and i don't be enough good to do that.

I used to play too high stakes so i didn't respect BRM.

I play tired

all there are my worst weaknesses that i really should work hard on !

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

TAG is playing poker with initiative and the preference in position. He is playing cards for there value the most of the time. A TAG play aggressively when he enters into a hand, in doing so his opponents have hard decisions and so they make more mistakes.

in conclusion a TAG play few hands with initiative, in position and takes lignes like BET/FOLD or CHECK/FOLD or CHECK/RAISE so in rare case he will play passive.

(sorry for mistakes in my english, i'm french native )
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello ched2803,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Good job with the first homework.

Definitely look at reducing the number of tables until you start playing better and can concentrate on a lot more tables.

You also want to follow some sort of BRM either from here or one that you create.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • ched2803
      ched2803
      Bronze
      Thanks for quick answer :)

I'm playing only 2 tables now and watch carefully what's going on.

i managed to stop when i'm feeling tired or bored

and i use 50 BI BRM for micro stakes till NL25

ok now going to watch step 2 ;)