Pokerstars search players

• Stinker1234
      Stinker1234
      Bronze
      Hi,
      after a long time, I started playing poker again. I got a new account on Stars and play NL2 on Zoomtables now.

I was searching for players, but the results are confusing:

-No result: what? This player is sitting right on my table.
      -result: "TABLE NAME (2)..." does the 2 mean, he is playing on two zoom tables? That would mean I have seen a player playing on 6 or 8 zoom tables, WTF?
  • 13 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Stinker1234,

You can't use player search to find players on zoom tables because you change tables every hand.

Also PokerStars has a "Hide From Search" feature under Options in the menu.

Hope this clears things up

Laz
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey Stinker1234,

You can't use player search to find players on zoom tables because you change tables every hand.

Also PokerStars has a "Hide From Search" feature under Options in the menu.

Hope this clears things up

Laz
      You can find players even if they play Zoom. You just can't open their tables.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks Rihard. I didn't actually know that. Although I would assume the "Hide From Search" feature would override it.

Laz
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Thanks Rihard. I didn't actually know that. Although I would assume the "Hide From Search" feature would override it.

Laz
      Yeah, if that feature is on players are untraceable. :)
    • Stinker1234
      Stinker1234
      Bronze
      @Lazza61:
      Thank you for your answer.

I have seen it on coaching videos, that people used the player search. I wanted to do that too to get the information on how many tables they play. It sucks that they can hide :-(.

But still I am not sure what the number behind the table name means.
    • VaskataBuci
      VaskataBuci
      Bronze
      It shows the number of tables the player plays. For example Hydra (2) means he plays 2 tables zoom NL25.
      You could see how many tables given player plays in the window on the right where all players playing for example NL25 zoom are shown by there names and country. You could sort the players by their names and to find the player you need. Have to be quick though.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      hey Stinker1234,

I made a screenshot of Search Player Window.

If there is no number in brackets means that player is playing on only 1 table. If player is playing on more than one table you see the number of tables in brackets. So it is the same as you expected.
    • Stinker1234
      Stinker1234
      Bronze
      Nice, thank you guys. Then I have seen a guy playing one guy playing 8 Zoomtables. 4 on 6-max and 4 FR. Maybe it is a bot :O .
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone!
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by Stinker1234
      Nice, thank you guys. Then I have seen a guy playing one guy playing 8 Zoomtables. 4 on 6-max and 4 FR. Maybe it is a bot :O .
      Pretty sure not a bot. PokerStars are against bots and as I've heard are fighting pretty good so far. :D

An example is mbml (PokerStrategy coach) he plays 8 tables of Zoom everyday. 4 tables NL500 and 4 tables NL1k. So pretty manageable. :f_biggrin:

Proof:

• nuktap
      nuktap
      Bronze
      Is it any limit of playing zoom tables?
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      The limit is 4 tables per stake. I remember asking pokerstars support to increase my limit but they said no.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by acetbfish
      The limit is 4 tables per stake. I remember asking pokerstars support to increase my limit but they said no.
      Correct.

I don't think they can allow more than 4 as the software that runs Zoom can;t handle having to shuffle a player more than 4 times.

You can also play Zoom and regular tables ofc :)