point me in right direction

• anti5ive
      anti5ive
      Bronze
      my problem is on pokerstars,( my main site) i seem to be going round in circles, i started off on the $1 stt's won a few so after a week moved to $3 stt's. thats when it started, win lose win lose etc. so now after 3 weeks im only showing a $3 profit . i know the $1 stt's are bad as there is too many its only a dollar i dont give a toss players. ( i suppose you get them in bigger buyins than that) in my second week on the $3 games i had nearly doubled up but hit a bad run (bad play, river chasers, and the inevitable bad beats) ive read the strategy guides for the no limit and sng's+ mtt's .

ps. i know you will get sick of this been asked but do i send my HH's to anyone in particular.
  • 13 replies
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Swings are normal, as long as theyr not mostly of bad plays, what you need is to grab hands where u got kicked out of tourney/lost a lot of chips and figure out what you did wrong.
      If you want me to check your overall play, mail me last 3 lost tournaments at puciek@gmail.com and i'll see what you're doing right there :D
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      SnG's are swingy, you will have alot of swings. The only key is to work on your game, and find out where you have leaks. Watch videos, read articles and post hands!

And when people like Puciek gives the opportunity to watch over your play, do that! Great deal when better players see how you play.

Good luck ;)
    • anti5ive
      anti5ive
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by Puciek
      Swings are normal, as long as theyr not mostly of bad plays, what you need is to grab hands where u got kicked out of tourney/lost a lot of chips and figure out what you did wrong.
      If you want me to check your overall play, mail me last 3 lost tournaments at puciek@gmail.com and i'll see what you're doing right there :D [/quote
      tyvm sent you 3 HH's from pokerstars
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Ok i've browsed them and i strongly suggest to reread again basic articles. Also you must work with your discipline, because you are loosing money on hands you shouldn't be in (ie. calling K7s from button, hitting low pair and you couldn't seem to let it go). Remember if this hand is not listed in chart, then it SHOULDNT be played, at all.
      Also you bet too much, with blinds 15/30 you opened pot with 120 instead 90 and well, thanks to that (partialy) got no customers. Same goes with all hands, one bb too much.
      And then you picked AJ, opened, got a caller missed the floop, c-bet meet with resistance and you couldn't fold a hand because of gutshot to wheel, which is bad play. You don't want to jeopardy your chips on gutshot.
      And so on and so on, many missplayed hand, ie. just call with UTG raise while holding TT.
    • anti5ive
      anti5ive
      Bronze
      again thanks very much puciek, will go back to basics again and see if i can get it to stick in my thick skull this time. cheers
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      Also you bet too much, with blinds 15/30 you opened pot with 120 instead 90 and well, thanks to that (partialy) got no customers. Same goes with all hands, one bb too much.

I may be being thick here but he is betting correctly right? I've rechecked the basic articles just to be sure before making this post but whether on a cash table or a tourney/sng, then it is 4 bb's and 1 per limper? or do you mean his post flop play is betting to much? Obv without seeing how he bets i don't know which area of betting he is doing wrong
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      just download ICMTrainer or it's light version. I think it can help You a lot ;)
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gaz639

I may be being thick here but he is betting correctly right? I've rechecked the basic articles just to be sure before making this post but whether on a cash table or a tourney/sng, then it is 4 bb's and 1 per limper? or do you mean his post flop play is betting to much? Obv without seeing how he bets i don't know which area of betting he is doing wrong
      As i just checked arts here indeed say to raise 4xbb, so do it. My bad since last time i played with them was months ago :D
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      If you're the first to act bet 3bb... otherwise raise 4 BB + 1 per limper... sometimes when the blinds are a bit bigger e.g. 30/60 I raise 3 BB + 1 per limper...

When you're the first to act it's not necessary to bet too much, with skilled post flop play you can maximise the amount you take off your opponent...
    • anti5ive
      anti5ive
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NickParkes
      If you're the first to act bet 3bb... otherwise raise 4 BB + 1 per limper... sometimes when the blinds are a bit bigger e.g. 30/60 I raise 3 BB + 1 per limper...

When you're the first to act it's not necessary to bet too much, with skilled post flop play you can maximise the amount you take off your opponent...
    • anti5ive
      anti5ive
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Puciek
      Ok i've browsed them and i strongly suggest to reread again basic articles. Also you must work with your discipline, because you are loosing money on hands you shouldn't be in (ie. calling K7s from button, hitting low pair and you couldn't seem to let it go). Remember if this hand is not listed in chart, then it SHOULDNT be played, at all.
      And then you picked AJ, opened, got a caller missed the floop, c-bet meet with resistance and you couldn't fold a hand because of gutshot to wheel, which is bad play. You don't want to jeopardy your chips on gutshot.
      And so on and so on, many missplayed hand, ie. just call with UTG raise while holding TT.
      hi again went back to basics yesterday came second in the first stt then in the second well dont know what to say really, should i send you the hand or post it here. to say the least i wasnt best pleased.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      If you are not sure about some kind of hand, post it in hand evaluation forum (http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1429) where ppl can judge them. Just rmemeber 1 hand per topic and use hand converter.
    • cristy007
      cristy007
      Bronze