snowman

• kokicar
      kokicar
      Bronze
      Hey guys and girls!

First i apologize for my english, because it's not very good ;( hehe

ok, why i decide to write here?

Today i start play session and very quickly lost few buy-ins and i just wtf??? I wasn't angry or anything. So i decide this is the last chance and if i go broke i quit with poker for ever. Maybe even today hehe. we will see :)
      It's funny because while i was playing i want to write so many things and now i just can't remember it.

So for now this is not a blog but if i start play better and don't go broke maybe will be.
      And i don't know what name should i give for this subject...maybe in future i will change it.

I decide to post some hands here if someone take a minute to reply on it and then i could compare my thinking with yours. Hopefully i will learn some more that way. we will see :)

poker room: Pokerstars
      limit: NL 5 zoom

Bankroll: 168$...6 day ago it was 270$ and i just watch too much how much i loose or make money. But every month the last week i have downswing and it's very difficult for me. in october i made good profit on nl2 last week downnnnnnnnnnn, and this month on NL5 great month and then came 24.10 and just wtf. then i decide to play storm an main event micro millions and 33$ goes bye bye hehe

So from now on i stop playing any tournament and just zoom and that's it!!! i loose some money f..k it i will make it back or quit poker!

Can someone tell how can i post here graph? i know i'm the worst :)

Maybe if this go good i will start write some goals here and so on. now it's enough writing i go and play and let's how it goes. bye

first hand
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $6.82 (136.4 bb)
      SB: $12.26 (245.2 bb)
      BB: $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $7 (140 bb)
      MP: $3.93 (78.6 bb)
      CO: $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 9
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.28, SB folds, BB calls $0.23, MP folds, CO calls $0.23

Flop: ($0.91) 2 J 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.58, BB raises to $1.16, CO calls $1.16, Hero raises to $6.54 and is all-in, BB calls $3.56 and is all-in, CO calls $3.56 and is all-in

Turn: ($15.07) 5 (3 players, 3 are all-in)
      River: ($15.07) 3 (3 players, 3 are all-in)

Results:
      $15.07 pot ($0.63 rake)
      Final Board: 2 J 9 5 3
      Hero showed 9 9 and lost (-$5 net)
      BB showed J J and won $14.44 ($9.44 net)
      CO showed 2 2 and lost (-$5 net)

2 hand

BTN: $5 (100 bb)
      SB: $6.09 (121.8 bb)
      BB: $5.40 (108 bb)
      UTG: $13.89 (277.8 bb)
      Hero (MP): $5.49 (109.8 bb)
      CO: $6.27 (125.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A T
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.47) 8 A A (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.28, CO raises to $0.80, BB folds, Hero calls $0.52

Turn: ($2.07) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($4.07) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.90, Hero calls $3.54 and is all-in

Results:
      $11.15 pot ($0.46 rake)
      Final Board: 8 A A 6 K
      Hero mucked A T and lost (-$5.49 net)
      CO showed 8 8 and won $10.69 ($5.20 net)
  • 11 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey kokicar,

Welcome to the blogs, I think

You realise now that I'm here you'll have to update regularly with good news other wise I won't come back. :P

So now you've started this blog you MUST win.

To upload graphs or indeed any images, first you have to register at an online image hosting site like imgur, imageshack or PostImage. These are all free.

Then you upload your image to the site and it will give you a series of links.

Copy the one that ends in .png into your blog using the 'Insert Image' function and hopefully you'll have a nice graph to display to everyone.

If you have any further queations then feel free to ask.

Happy Grinding

Laz
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      Imgur FTW!!!
    • kokicar
      kokicar
      Bronze
      Lazza61 thank you very much for this information. So here is my graph for November so far. It was nice to see it before this swing down hehe

In first post i say that i'm going back to play but then i just change and start reading a book and write importing things down on paper. So i read 1 part (general concepts) and now i will read few times to remember it and every day. Next part i will start on sunday or monday. If i just read i don't know 50 pages it will be just too much information and i will be confused so i decide to write down and read it few times to remember it and so on...

This is my first book which i buy and first book which i start to read. It's Galvin Bay Book!
      In future i want to read it from Jared Tandler - The Mental Game of Poker! step by step.

In future days i should make some reviews, about showdown, color code player and how to play against different type of players. i decide to make 4 type player: loose passive (calling station), tight passive (weak, rock), loose aggressive (good player, maniacs) and tight aggressive.

This is it for now i think. Byeeeeee
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey kokicar,

If you really want to know the effect ' The Mental Game Of Poker' had on me, then check this post I made only yesterday.

Until about 3 months ago I was a very tilty person and had been all my life. Always getting into trouble picking fights and arguing. I had a very short temper.

After I had been playing poker for a while, I learned about tilt. That only helped me justify my anger. After all, apparently everyone tilted when they got a bad beat so I carried on.

After about 4 years the residue had built up to the point where one day in August, I literally cracked.

I could not physically bring myself to double click the PokerStars icon on my desktop. One day I did manage it, but couldn't press the login button. As far as trying to be a serious poker player was concerned, it was over.

However I still loved poker and anything poker related, so I kept coming to PokerStrategy and I continued to read about poker.

About a week later I was browsing through the forums one day when I came across came across a post that referenced Jared Tendler. I remembered that I had a copy of "The Mental Game of Poker" that I had never even looked at. Surely this would be my last chance to resurrect my poker 'career'.

Well, what an eye-opener that was. I read about the 1st 15-20 pages. All of a sudden I stopped reading. I felt fabulous. I went straight to the computer, mouse to the PokerStars icon, double click, login, fill password in.

I was back. Jared had got through to me in 15 minutes where I hadn't listened in 51 years.

3 hands into my comeback, I was tested. O/R KK got 3bet so I 4 bet shoved to be called by QT. Flopped top set, but runner runner gave villain broadway which left me crippled. I sat stoically. The next hand dealt out. I sat stoically. The software beeped at me to act. I still sat stoically. What was I waiting for? Then it dawned on me. I was waiting for the inevitable explosion. But it wasn't coming. I was sitting there as if the last hand hadn't even happened.

I had no desire to look to the heavens and yell obscenities. I didn't want to rip doors of their hinges. Unbelievably I started laughing and laughing and I couldn't stop. One of my housemates asked "What's so funny". I replied"I just went allin and flopped top set and got sucked out by runner runner" and kept on laughing. He gave me a strange look and said "That's not funny", but to me it was hilarious.

Over the next two weeks I noticed something else as well. I wasn't tilting in real life stuff. Everything was great. My mind was clear. All the poison residue that had built up in my mind over the years was gone.

While I am happy about the way things have been over the last 3 months, I am also wary that relapses or occasional brain fades are still possible. I must stay vigilant.

If anyone reading this has ever been through these sort of feelings before, then do yourself a huge favour and get a copy of Jared Tendler's 'The Mental Game of Poker'. I have still only read the first 15-20 pages of the book but I will finish it. At the moment I am just enjoying my stronger, calmer mindset.

Happy Grinding

Laz
    • kokicar
      kokicar
      Bronze
      hello!

Today i make a session review in the morning and find few leaks in my game so i will try to improve that. I post some hands in hand evaluations forum and then i copy on word document and compare my view with the judge view :) )

So i decide to make this session reviews more often because it's easier than when i start playing session. I color code different types of players and so on...

Today i play a little, i start playing slower and think more during i play and not just click buttons like crazy (robot) :)

I should write some goals...at least for next day or next week

Goals for next week:
      :diamond: start reading Jared Tandler book - The Mental Game of Poker
      :diamond: read part 2 from Galvin Bay book and write notes
      :diamond: watch live session (Boglord)
      :diamond: play every day at least 1 hour or more
      :diamond: every day (evening) write down on paper what u should do next day(life, poker, sport)
    • kokicar
      kokicar
      Bronze
      lol he just checks behind. missclick i quess

BTN: $6.04 (120.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5 (100 bb)
      BB: $4.32 (86.4 bb) 33/15/1,6 168 hands
      UTG: $2.50 (50 bb)
      MP: $6.29 (125.8 bb) 14/13/2,9 176 hands

Preflop: Hero is SB with T 2
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.47) T 9 Q (3 players)
      BB checks, MP bets $0.32, CO folds, BB calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.11) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, MP bets $0.52, BB calls $0.52

River: ($2.15) 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, MP checks

Results:
      $2.15 pot ($0.09 rake)
      Final Board: T 9 Q Q 2
      BB showed 8 7 and lost (-$0.99 net)
      MP showed Q Q and won $2.06 ($1.07 net)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey kokicar,

He could have just been playing safe against a possible SF, although I have seen players do that because they want to show off their monster and have auto-muck turned on.

He should have bet for value on the river, but he's scared opponent will fold and he can't show off his quads.

Fish. You've got to love them :)

Regards

Laz
    • kokicar
      kokicar
      Bronze
      Update

hello!

Today it was nice and productive day for me. I do all my tasks which i write down yesterday on paper. Those tasks keeps me motivated and it's much easier to start play session, because i am in a good mood. So before i open this website i write down again my tasks for tomorrow morning.

For poker is:
      :diamond: 8:00 - 9:00 session review
      :diamond: 9:00 - 11:00 play session (1 break, 10 minutes)
      :diamond: 20:00 - 22:00 play session i hope i will be home because i have to work something afternoon

Today i continue with reading a book from Galvin Bay and make some notes. This chapter is bigger than first so i will need whole week to do it those notes. I don't like just reading because i don't remember it that much.

Today i play 3 sessions and yesterday one. Here is graph for those 2 days.

In past i write 2 blogs but not here.In one of them i writed in this blog goals. I writed to gpsoon as possible on nl10, get enough points to be goldstar and crap like this. Goals like this is not good for me. I will go on NL10 when i made i don't know 30 buy ins for this limit, if i go. And play for few more extra points...this is crazy. Today i see this blog and i lough so much.

So my goal is to play the best i could and always try it better and better. Learning all the time and that's it!!!

Regards

Koks
    • kokicar
      kokicar
      Bronze
      update

Today was good day but very cold in job (- 5). I mount garage door. My fingers was so cold hehe. I play some poker today too. Now my bankroll is little over 200$. I'm happy because last days i am more productive again because in Oktober i was so lazy for everything (work, poker,...) and it's great feeling to be back.

My day:
      8:00 - 11:00 session review and play poker
      11:15 - 12.15 fitnes (finaly i start :) )
      13:00 cook lunch, eating...
      14:30 go to work and came 20:30 shover, surfing on internet quickly, play poker, update here, i need sleep so much :)

Tomorrow:
      :diamond: 7:30 wake up, sea, shover ...
      :diamond: 8:15 - 11:00 session review and play poker
      :diamond: i will study, reading a book and make some notes, work,

BTN: $5 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $9.24 (184.8 bb)
      BB: $9.94 (198.8 bb)
      UTG: $5 (100 bb)
      MP: $5.50 (110 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A K
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, BB folds, BTN calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) A 8 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, BTN calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.75) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BTN raises to $4.15 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.15

River: ($10.05) 5 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $10.05 pot ($0.42 rake)
      Final Board: A 8 4 T 5
      BTN showed A K and lost (-$5 net)
      Hero showed A K and won $9.63 ($4.63 net)

Regards

Koks
    • kokicar
      kokicar
      Bronze
      hello

here is update (1 week + 1.12)

Last few days i am very lazy. I don't play a lot too so i need some motivation to play.
      Bankroll is now 230$.

Next week goals:
      :diamond: at least 10k + hands
      :diamond: study/reading a book + video

Few hands:
      hand 1

Hero (BTN): $9.60 (192 bb)
      SB: $5.98 (119.6 bb)
      BB: $5.60 (112 bb)
      UTG: $6.54 (130.8 bb)
      MP: $7.76 (155.2 bb)
      CO: $2.46 (49.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 7
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB folds

Flop: ($0.65) 5 9 9 (4 players)
      SB bets $0.40, MP raises to $0.80, CO folds, Hero raises to $2.10, SB folds, MP raises to $7.61 and is all-in, Hero calls $5.51

Turn: ($16.27) 8 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($16.27) 2 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $16.27 pot ($0.68 rake)
      Final Board: 5 9 9 8 2
      Hero showed 9 7 and lost (-$7.76 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$0.55 net)
      MP showed 5 5 and won $15.59 ($7.83 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$0.15 net)

hand 2

BTN: $5.53 (110.6 bb)
      SB: $4.94 (98.8 bb)
      BB: $5.20 (104 bb)
      UTG: $2.98 (59.6 bb)
      MP: $4.41 (88.2 bb)
      Hero (CO): $8.79 (175.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4 4
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.37) K 4 2 (2 players)
      MP bets $4.26 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.26

Turn: ($8.89) A (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($8.89) 2 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $8.89 pot ($0.37 rake)
      Final Board: K 4 2 A 2
      MP showed A A and won $8.52 ($4.11 net)
      Hero showed 4 4 and lost (-$4.41 net)
    • kokicar
      kokicar
      Bronze
      update!

I move on NL 10 yesterday. Bankroll is more than 300$. I play a little bit tighter, because i don't have stats on opponents.

My first session on nl10 with proper bankroll management!!!

Now i have to do some session review to get some information from opponents.