Need help on BR Building PLO 6-max

• vivekrios
      vivekrios
      Bronze
      Hi,

Am planning to start to build my BR by grinding seriously and strictly at PLO 6-max. My initial deposit for this would be $150. Planning to start at stakes (.5/.10c)

Kindly some one advice as to how do i go about it. How many buyins per day and when to stop per day. My goal is to make min $500 a month grinding.

Regards,

Vivekrios
  • 7 replies
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      15 buy ins? There's a significant chance of going broke. Either you deposit more, play 2c/5c, or be mentally prepared to deposit again if you get unlucky. Swings of 5-10 BI are extremely common, and if that happens you already lost at least 33% your bankroll which is massive. And once in a while you might get worse >15-20 BI swings.

Stop loss is up to you really. It depends on how much you can accept losing in one session. For PLO though, if you have a stop loss of less than 4 BIs you won't be playing many long sessions for sure.

Are you new to poker? You might want to start playing no limit holdem first. It has less variance so you can probably deposit less, like $250 to play 5c/10c, and have to get pretty unlucky to go broke, especially at such low stakes where play is generally bad.

I'm sure though, that 15 buy ins for any form of poker at any limit is way too aggressive bankroll management.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey vivekrios!

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Unfortunately I am a complete PLO fish myself, so I can't give you any advice. If you're very keen on improving your PLO game though, I'm sure you'll find a lot of information in our PLO videos:

PLO videos

Most of these videos will require Silver status or higher though. But you can easily get to Silver status by playing tracked on one of our partner rooms, which you can find here:

Poker rooms

Either way, hopefully we'll see you around and best of luck at the tables :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey vivekrios

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and the English community!

I strictly play holdem games. I already don't like the 'swings' there :facepalm: So another PLO fish over here (wave)

Don't forget about our live coachings. During these coachings you can ask questions to our coaches. Awesome way to get your questions answered.

Best regards

RasTweet
    • Yonose
      Yonose
      Bronze
      Welcome
    • pelbonek
      pelbonek
      Gold
      Hi and good luck at the tables!
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      $150 is fine as an initial deposit and as an amount that has to be kept in the poker balance (as opposed to the payment processor - poker sites are sometimes less secure as Black Friday has taught us) to enable playing a long 4-6-tabling session smoothly (for masstabling, the rule of thumb is to keep 2 BI per table in the account).

However, as said above, you'll most likely have to redeposit at least once. I don't like thinking in terms of a bankroll separate from the liferoll... because I treat one's entire net worth as the united bankroll (for all investments, not only poker), but with this approach, the winrate and chances of losing have to be evaluated very conservatively, so make sure you have 6-month life expenses (assuming that 6 months will be enough to find a job if poker goes wrong) and a 'test bankroll' (enough to play 50-100K hands no matter what, to get an estimate of the winrate... that's 30-50 BI).

I'm grateful to my fate for not letting me spew money away with this approach (I was going to buy an apartment fast, not realising how poor this investment is, and thus treated only a tiny part of the bankroll as the liferoll), but note that most people don't have as severe issues as me. Anyone adequate and smart should be able to spin up easily from 40 BI for PLO10 imho.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi,

15 buy ins is really not enough for serious PLO bnr. However, if you feel comfortable spending few hundred bucks, and not seeing this $150 as some serious amount of money, you can give it a try. Just don't deposit 4k afterwards and play plo200 :) go from PLO10 and don't move up until you completely crush the level. (and believe me, even though player pool is soft down there, the rake in PLO micros is a killer!! so it will not be that easy to crush levels)