Variance in Fifty50

• maythany
      maythany
      Bronze

Hello,

This graph is for $1.50 fifty50 turbo sngs over a 5,000 game sample from one of the top 3 players for that stake level.

Lately I've been getting killed at these games and I began wondering if maybe I wasn't even as good as I thought I was.

So I searched up the highscores for my stake level and I was surprised to see that one of the top players wasn't even in the green until 5,000+ games which is pretty crazy if you ask me.

my question is, how many games should a person have before they conclude anything? I don't think the standard 5,000 games is good here because of the payout structure, there is a lower achievable ROI so the swings are crazy?

Thanks,

Maythany
  • 1 reply
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, maythany!

Any place where ROI is low, variance will be high, but I don't think fifty50s are known for their huge swings at these stakes tbh. The more games, the better obviously and the lower your ROI is, the more games you are gonna need in order to know whether you can beat the games or not.

I would say 10k games is prolly better to get a so-so idea of your ROI. The thing is that these are micro stakes, most of the regs who play low or mid stakes, or even highstakes, managed to have a positive ROI on these and I would assume it wasn't 1-2%.

My advice would be to work hard on your ICM as it's tricky in these games. Pre bubble play is quite significant as well. Honestly, I am not a big fan of fifty50s as I feel it brings a lot of limitation to my game and tables are generally very nitty. Hopefully, somebody who is a reg at this format will input here and maybe be more helpful.

Cheers!