Iamflyingspades

• cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Ok, so thought its a good Idea to create a blog for tracking and progress purposes.. Im Teofilo Atienza and I leave in the Philippines.. but you can call me Jay, Im currently playing 20-24 tables cashgame @ stars NL2.. Been playing poker for almost 7 years, and really took it seriously this year, been doing pretty well grinding 4k hands everyday, My WR last month was 13bb/100 over 100k hands looking to improve and I`ll be posting my progress here including my Hand Histories.. Im always welcome to any critiques(as long as it makes sense), I hope you guys can give feedback or advise to how Im playing the game.. Tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow I`ll be on leave so Im looking to play 20k hand in 2 days..

See you guys in a bit..
  • 31 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Jay,

Welcome to the blogs.

Certainly cranking over nice volume and I am envious of that win rate. As a matter of fact with that win rate, you should probably be giving us advice. :)

I notice however that you are still basic status. This will cause some problems if you want to display images or graphs as minimum bronze status is required.

You can take advantage of one of our free poker money offers which will give you lifetime bronze status or you could buy a Points Package

The best place to post hands is in the Hand Evaluation Forum where one of our expert hand judges will evaluate the hand for you.

Hope this helps

Laz
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Hey Lazza,

Hey thanks man, planning on doing that this weekend as to I dont have enough time during weekdays since I need to put up a lot of volume.. But yeah consider doing that :)

With the WR though, Im not sure if you noticed Im playing @ NL2? and I was thinking that 12-13 is low WR in that stakes to be honest I think 18+ is achievable as long as your using HUD.. I tried both using it and not using it and trust me the difference in the WR is HUGE..

I am open, I mean I love to discuss strategy, theory any other concepts or Hand histories to anyone in the community. Im willing to share what I know, and accept new IDEAS.. I do accept critiques If I play a hand badly please let me know :)
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Hey guys, so we are almost closing this month, and to be honest I was a bit disappointed with how this month went out for me.. Just like what I said from my 1st prev post I was beating NL2 w 10-13bb WR over 150k+ hands for sept and oct.. During those month I was still using HUD which was a free trial for 1 month(just got 1 month extension) and ended Oct 30. So I was`nt using any HUD for my November grind and was manually tracking how many hands I`ve played already.. Pretty much my WR dragged down to 6bb over 96k hands.. and the hardest part now is that I dont know what I need to improve or change, or what I did wrong.. But anyways enough of the shitty part.. Just to share what Im planning to do for this month..

1. Buy an HUD. Christmas is near so I`ll be getting my xmas bonus from work :)
      (BTW I did not mention on my prev post I guess, Im still working 9 hours a day, and playing poker 4 hours a day and whole day every weekends, wooh tough life)
      2. Look more in depth on my HH and see where Im spewing money, and make sure they`re just coolers or bad beats(doing it today actually)..

3. Watch training Videos
      4. Look more into how I can play against REGS!!

BTW I started beating NL2 after reading CTM by BR79 and apply everything to my game.. I highly recommend this book.. Im looking for some new/old good books to read that will help me improve more, any suggestions??

***This was written Friday Morning, and For Update just decided to by PT4 Lite friday afternoon***

So Hoping to crush NL2 again this month.. :)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Cool Jay,

I for one will be following with interest. :)

Happy Grinding

Laz
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Jay,

Do you want this post incorporated into your existing blog. I feel this is probably the wrong board for this post.

Let me know if you want this merged into your existing blog, if not I will probably move this to General Poker Discussion.

Cheers

Laz
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      lol, what happen here? haha Yah if you could incorporate this to my existing one thats exactly what I was trying to do, not sure what happened though.. thanks man..
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      All sorted, Jay :)

Regards

Laz
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Thanks man, just took my 1st break look at my PT4, 16bb/100 @.@ Small sample though..
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      24 tabling is good but if u want to increase ur wr U should concentrate on plays rather than auto piloting reducing tables might help boost ur wr by massive amounts :)

Just my 2 cents not a winning player so u can neglect it anyways Gl :D
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Awesome. :s_cool:

Keep up the good work.

Laz
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      24 tabling is good but if u want to increase ur wr U should concentrate on plays rather than auto piloting reducing tables might help boost ur wr by massive amounts smile Just my 2 cents not a winning player so u can neglect it anyways Gl grin

Nothing to neglect mate since I agree with you, however when you say auto piloting what comes to my head is playing like NITS, although NITS are good regs they still leave a lot of value on the table, my stats play around 21/18, and been exploiting my opponents(even bad regs that still have holes in their game).. I still can adjust even though Im playing massive tables, thats where my HUD comes in handy.. And Im not sure when you say plays? you mean bluffing? well to be honest just by my own experience bro bluffing is the last thing Im going to be worry about in NL2, I only do it against regs and still depends on their post flop stats.. And I guess if you played a lot of hands and almost trained most of your decision making or skill to the level of unconscious competence, theres no other way to boost your WR other than adding more table.. BTW is there any study group here that focus on those stakes??
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      Plays mean thinking better not just bluffing with 24 table u wont have time to think about a spot in detail . But Maybe if ur comfortable with it its ok I play zoom 4 tables so I cant comment much but 24 to start at nl2 is too many on average
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      ZOOM is good, what stakes do you play @?
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      Nl2-nl5 depends how much I spazz on mtts after grinding :P
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Oh, I see.. You dont want grinding @ regular tables? :)

24 to start at nl2 is too many on average

Lol well yah if you start playing w 24 tables, or rush to 24 tables that will be overkill.. I started 4 tabling last year and just work my way up until I can play 24 tables, I dont always max my tables out though sometimes I just play 16-20.. Depends on my mood.. :)
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      I have a 17 inch screen so I cant adjust more tables plus I love zoom great volume easy with 4 tables :D and lots of different types to play with Morever I dint buy a hud yet so its better to play zoom :)

Hopefully u will move up to nl5 and we meet somewhere when the milestone hands will be dealt will have to play normal talbes :D
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Hey guys, how is it going? Its been almost a week I guess since my last post.. BTW just like I mentioned on my previous post, that the purpose of my blog is for progress and improvement, so Im really not into posting everyday and telling you guys what I ate for breakfast, lunch or dinner lol you get what I mean.. So again was able to buy PT4 at the beginning of Dec, and my plan is to post results every 30k as my goal every month is 120k hands, the reason I dont review my game everyday is, I think w 4k hands variance can still affect a lot so I want to have at least 30k to review.. and I dont look at my BR/Results till the end of the month just to make sure it wont affect my thinking.. So this post is just to let you guys know that Im not abandoning my blog post.. lol Im at 23k somewhere from Dec 1.. My 1st few days were not good since I think Im still adjusting a bit, and I started this month w a diff format, I went back to stacking my tables.. which made me feel very uncomfortable and Im honestly not sure why specially I do stack my tables before.. So I went back to tiles and everything is working fine again(I guess).. So there you go.. See you guys in a bit..
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Hey guys, whats up? Just as I said after 30k I`ll make a review w my results.. I`m not too happy w it but its not the worse results either.. just something I need to work on..

Here`s how it looks like:

[img][IMG]https://imageshack.us/a/img534/6518/dlfz.th.png[/IMG][/img]

and

[img][IMG]https://imageshack.us/a/img21/9283/yc8e.th.png[/IMG][/img]

So here they are, if you guys want to see any other stats let me know.. Im not pretty solid with the whole hand though I would say, since I still made some adjustments w strategy, and some technical stuff when I was starting out..
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Sorry guys, not sure If I cant post photos dues to my status.. or Im just doing it wrong.. wither way I already passed the quiz so Im not sure why Im still not @ bronze but, I think looking at the links is quite a bit hard.. so here are the important stats I think:

Hands: 31,077
      BB/100: 7.77
      All-In Adj BB/100: 5.98
      VPIP: 15.77
      PFR: 13.04
      3Bet PF: 4.09
      F to PF 3Bet: 89.85
      WTSD%: 24.97
      WSD: 59.53
      WWSF 38.58
      CBET F: 77.49
      CBET T: 25.19
      CBET R: 70.83

I hope I can post pictures right away..

And BTW was`nt able to put enough number as of the moment had a lot of holiday events so can play that much.. I`ll make it up next year though happy grinding..