[November Marathon] - [Veini] - beating the nl50 zoom.

• Veini
      Veini
      Bronze
      Hi guys/ladies!

20 year old chap from Finland here! :) Just miggrated from the finnish community and spotted an excellent promotion straight away, The November Marathon! I wont to win so bad! A session review with pleno1 is what I need presicely, he is a genious!

My Goal:

-beat nl50 zoom

-achieve platinumstar at Pokerstars

and best for last: grind that sexy diamond here at Pokerstrategy

Im not the best at extracting my thoughts on written (especcially in English) so I'm gonna mainly post thoughts, graphs and videos of my play :)

enough talk, lets start the grind!

here is a livesession at nl50 zoom to kick off this projekt. Gl All!

ps. Sorry about the floo :P

pokerstars nickname: findream
  • 40 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Best of luck to you Veini!

A session review with pleno1 would be awesome right?!
    • Veini
      Veini
      Bronze
      Thank you! Yep, I bet that would have alot of value to me! :)
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I think I will get that session review :coolface: Still, good luck for your games!
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Hi Veini! I like your English, it's hard to notice you are a Finn. :)

Not even close to Rally English...

• Veini
      Veini
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      I think I will get that session review :coolface: Still, good luck for your games!
      Thanks cpallo! Haha you're going to have to fight for it with your bare hands ;) im not surrendering that easy :D gl to you also! :)
    • Veini
      Veini
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pucilpet
      Hi Veini! I like your English, it's hard to notice you are a Finn. :)

Not even close to Rally English...

Hi Pucil! I've lived in England (Camberley) for three years, so i might still have same accent left :D I have to admit, that its soo easy to lose your touch if you dont use the language in everyday life :p haha thanks for the epic Markus Grönholm vid! Nobody beats Rally English... Well maybe Kimi Räikkönen, but yet again, he has also driven Rally :D
    • smice12
      smice12
      Bronze
      It´s really happening, Finnish invasion!! Good to see u here Veini!!!
    • Veini
      Veini
      Bronze
      Thanks! you too smice :) i see you've achieved gold status at playing nl2-5 thats alot of grinding, grats! :D
    • smice12
      smice12
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Veini
      Thanks! you too smice :) i see you've achieved gold status at playing nl2-5 thats alot of grinding, grats! :D
      25k hands last month.. 1-2k hands per day. Mostly nl2 zoom :D By the way, heres some results from that project (it´s still on, like it!!):

Maybe 1 or 2 nl5 speed sessions also..
    • Veini
      Veini
      Bronze
      great! I knew you would beat it! thats alot off bb's won there! now nl5 zoom? :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Looks like you guys are taking over! :D
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      Your English is great bro !

Nice vid - transcode to 720 tho :D

Also I thought your squeeze with T4s was a bit loose ?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Looking forward to an update soon Veini :)
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Silver
      In the meanwhile I hope Veini doesnt mind if I link this other epic Grönholm vid here:

Nice dedication with the videos Veini, gl in the marathon!

Now that I watched the video.. English is very good, nothing to complain about. T4 squueze hand is bit mysterious :D You cbet is only 1/4 of pot, isn't that bit small no matter what villain has there?

And yeah, another thing is those stats, as a viewer I really couldnt tell what type of guys you had against you (besides the things you said 'nit' etc. Is that program youre using HEM1?)
    • Veini
      Veini
      Bronze
      1) Thank you Sileekhunt! Hopefully I'm getting better one video at a time ;) yep I should of just flatted with the T4s there. Sb seemed like a fish so hunting two pair+ should give the best ev as we can see the flop so cheap with a suited hand :) I Have to admit that at the present I have alot of things to improve with my game, but i find that these videos help me improve it! :) I'm gonna def use a better quality next time so that you can actually see something :D

2) Hi Seagal! Had the best laugh of the week while watching this :D thanks mate! :) my point for the low c/bet is that I am getting much closer to showdown with a weak hand relativly cheap. I dont want to cbet 55% and c7f the turn. often he just calls with overcards on the flop and bets the turn with a sizing I am calling and gives up after I bet the flop small. I can have a strong hand also with this sizing as I can c/r the turn with maybe aces. Anyhow dont think it needs to be balanced that much vs an unknown. I am using Hem2 but I forgot to explain the stats :D my bad :P maybe next time I will remember to add that stat descriptions there also :D
    • Veini
      Veini
      Bronze
      Update:

I wanted to wait for 10k hands to make the first post so it took me a few days as I had lots of homework to do this week :) I have to say that the first hands havent gone that well :D DD I think I have played just a little bad and cant explain it on a runbad or anything. I will try to concentrate on my next session and if things dont change I am going to have to analyze alot Where I'm losing money etc.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vpp's: 2,319

Strategy points total: 1363

So goals for next 10k hands:

:club: play more tighter from utg and mp. This allows me to play more aggro as I have stronger hands on postflop.

:diamond: make my light 3bets IP rather then sb/bb.

:heart: open tighter from the button as people dont give me any credit and I get 3bet/5bet bluffed alot. Button winrate is at 24bb/100hands which i hope to improve atleast to 40bb/100hands.

:spade: experiment in flatting loads more bb vs button open and c/r more flops.

additional notes: If I make a spewwy move just quit the session straight away and take a 5min break.

btw: thank god of Omaha and homegames :D I made about 15bins from nl10 omaha in a few hours and another 6 bins on nl5 homegames with the finnish pokerstrategy community :P

best of luck to all of you on the tables! <3

- Veini
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Oh well, we can't always win every 10k hands as nice as it would be!

Hopefully the next update has better results!

Enjoy your weekend! :f_cool:
    • Veini
      Veini
      Bronze
      Thanks Gary! I enjoyed it on the tables ;)

Update:

There was lots of fish at nl50 zoom this weekend! I ran pretty dam bad though, sick coolers flush vs. flush set vs. set etc. But I got alot of action for my aces and kings, so maybe I shouldn't complain. Anyhow the changes that I made in my preflop play have worked out very nicely! I'm 3betting pretty wide ip and tightening a little with my resteals as they just don't get any credit.

My camtasia trial just ended so I cant produce any videos with that software as its like 200d and my next investion is going to be a new computer. Anyone know any good alternative?

Here's the graph for the 22k markpoint:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vpp's: 4,516

Strategy points total: 2136

I think I am pretty nicely on schedule for platinumstar and that sexy diamond. Lets hope that we make serious money before the next update!

Cheers!

-veini
    • Veini
      Veini
      Bronze
      Update:

Hi guys!

I have been playing alot on stars and 24hpoker for vpp's and strategy points!
      On the downside my games have been breakevenish on stars nl50 zoom and I thought that I am going to step gown to nl25 and try some new lines and possibly more aggressive approaches to situations, which might give me a better winrate for nl50. I've been thinking about brm. The 25bi rule that pokerstrategy gives is somewhat low at todays games IMO. Atleast in my situation as my real winrate isn't very high at nl50 zoom.

So to sum up things. I am going to work on my game, while building a steady bankroll for nl50 (atleast 50bin). I wont to just play my A game and not worry about my bankroll. It would be ideal if I could look at my cashier balance ones a week and just make the best possible +ev plays.

My goals for this month have been platinumstar on Pokerstars and diamond here at PS. one of them has now been achieved, the other still to succeed!

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Vpp's: 7,762

Strategy points: 4631

So only under 3k SP for diamond! Then I can take advantage of even more study material!