how high is the 45man turbo sng in different level now?

• davidgod
      davidgod
      Bronze
      i am considering drop down the level of 45man sng
      i used to have 20%+ roi in 15 man sng half year ago, but recent 4 month my roi drop to minus , it so weird.

7 dollar my roi drop from 20%+ to 10% or so

3.5 dollar my roi keep 30%+
      so what is a typical roi for a 45man reg in there level?
  • 7 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey davidgod,

It would all depend on how much you multi-table. Sick mult-tablers will settle for a lower win rate to get a higher hourly rate.

I myself generally only 4 table and I am satisfied with 30% ROI. If you play 24 tables you could be satisfied with an ROI of about 10%. Everything is relative to how you convert into an hourly rate.

Turbos you should be willing to accept a lower ROI than if you were playing non turbos.

Sorry I couldn't give a definitive answer.

Regards

Laz
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      +1 to Lazza, also, what kind of sample sizes are we talking about here?
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Nothing to add for me. Lazza gave the perfect answer :)
    • davidgod
      davidgod
      Bronze
      i myself are playing 15-24 table in the same time.

i found recently with the 1500+ games i am losing money in 15dollar 45man sng. which is sad, is that i cannot beat the game?
      while the 3.5 dollar game i stably got 30%+ roi in turbo, so there are not much so i am considering whether i should drop down the level.

maybe the reason is 3 fold
      1 i am unlucky recent 3months
      2 recently opponents getting tougher
      3 opponent are familiar with my strategy, so it is harder to exploit them.

today i start playing 3.5 dollar 45man sng solely, and making 180% roi with 100 games :s_biggrin: very lucky
      but i should have 4.5 times higher roi in 3.5d than 15dollar games to make in profitable to play 3.5dollar sng
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey davidgod,

Why are you bypassing the $7. ?(

$3.50 to $15 is a fair jump even if you are rolled for it. If traffic is too slow for the $7 ones, then use the ABI rule and split the $3.50 and $7.

I think it would be better to beat the $7 ones before having a shot at the $15. Every time you move up a limit your ROI will naturally drop. How far it drops is dependent on how ready you are to play that level.

Also your 3 reasons are valid.

1. Are you running significantly under Ev
      2. Opponents are always getting tougher. Everyday they have a day's more education and experience.
      3. Possible too, which is why you'll need to continually adjust.

I would suggest every time you move up a limit, half your tables. Give yourself a chance to adjust and as you do, start adding more tables. There are also less fish too exploit.

WTF. 100 games today at 180% ROI is a day in heaven. If you can crush $3.50s like that, ultimately you will beat those higher limits.

Keep Crushing

Laz
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Originally posted by davidgod
      today i start playing 3.5 dollar 45man sng solely, and making 180% roi with 100 games :s_biggrin: very lucky
      but i should have 4.5 times higher roi in 3.5d than 15dollar games to make in profitable to play 3.5dollar sng
      I would say table select to increase your ROI for the $15 45man MTT but the traffic might be awful. So mix the $15 with the $7 45man MTT (as Laz suggested) while table selecting and even play $3.50 to start off your session.

Table selecting doesnt make sense if its turbo though

When table selecting you get to filter out the opponents that are exploiting your strategy and the aggro regs.

When I play the $1 45 man MTT everytime I would see this player dominating the table and when I check his playerscope I see him having $12000 Tournament earnings. Wow! That made me wonder why he was playing my little $1 Limit. However he would start his session off by playing the my $1 45man MTT then add $3.50, $7 and $15 45/90/180man MTT. So whenever he reg for my Limit I wont be playing that same MTT.
    • davidgod
      davidgod
      Bronze
      ty for the suggestion,

table slecting might not be feasible because the normal reg will register every game in that level. you can escape from it.
      i played a lot 45man and 180man sng
      15dollar 45man sng used to be my atm machine with steady 20% roi. until recently i doubt maybe i can't beat it.

the interesting thing is whenever I start playing a new kind of games I will get a very good roi return. when I start playing 180man and even when i start playing 60 doolar 180man sng I got a very high roi, then the roi drop quickly.
      and when I took a rest for 4 month from poker and come back , i also got a very good roi at first. It is a weird thing

as for 180% I just got very lucky that day with wining several 1st place :s_biggrin: