[NL2-NL10] NL50 QQ with AJJ Flop

• xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Found this hand interesting, upon closer inspection I still think I played this hand correctly. The flop was definately scary for QQ, but the fact that the villain limped from middle position but called a hefty raise makes me think he probably has a weak ace or small pocket pair (at the time I put him on a range of 77-TT). The minbet on the flop looks like a blocking bet or a trap, my thinking was blocking bet because of his actions preflop. Seeing the result, I think he should have folded...but of course it never happens like that.

What do you guys think?

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, 4 folds, MP1 calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.25) J:heart: , J:diamond: , A:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $6.25 (All-In), MP1 calls $5.75.

Turn: ($19.75) 2:diamond:
      River: ($19.75) 7:heart:

Final Pot: $19.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and jacks (Qh Qs)
      MP1 shows two pairs, aces and jacks (Ad 7d)

MP1 wins with two pairs, aces and jacks (Ad 7d)
  • 3 replies
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Calling with rags, min-betting small pockets, betting 1/14th potsize are all signs of chum. No trapping, no blockbetting, simply chum. Chum do not know how to play, you can spot them after only a few hands. Here you played well, I conti-bet QQ KK even with Ace on board, and in this case you could probably fold if he donks the flop and shoves oop.
      good hand... put this chum on a list and mark him as an ace caller.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by davidangel
      Calling with rags, min-betting small pockets, betting 1/14th potsize are all signs of chum. No trapping, no blockbetting, simply chum. Chum do not know how to play, you can spot them after only a few hands. Here you played well, I conti-bet QQ KK even with Ace on board, and in this case you could probably fold if he donks the flop and shoves oop.
      good hand... put this chum on a list and mark him as an ace caller.
      nh
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black