This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 QQ with AJJ Flop

• xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Found this hand interesting, upon closer inspection I still think I played this hand correctly. The flop was definately scary for QQ, but the fact that the villain limped from middle position but called a hefty raise makes me think he probably has a weak ace or small pocket pair (at the time I put him on a range of 77-TT). The minbet on the flop looks like a blocking bet or a trap, my thinking was blocking bet because of his actions preflop. Seeing the result, I think he should have folded...but of course it never happens like that.

What do you guys think?

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, 4 folds, MP1 calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.25) J:heart: , J:diamond: , A:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $6.25 (All-In), MP1 calls $5.75.

Turn: ($19.75) 2:diamond:
      River: ($19.75) 7:heart:

Final Pot: $19.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and jacks (Qh Qs)
      MP1 shows two pairs, aces and jacks (Ad 7d)

MP1 wins with two pairs, aces and jacks (Ad 7d)
  • 3 replies
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Calling with rags, min-betting small pockets, betting 1/14th potsize are all signs of chum. No trapping, no blockbetting, simply chum. Chum do not know how to play, you can spot them after only a few hands. Here you played well, I conti-bet QQ KK even with Ace on board, and in this case you could probably fold if he donks the flop and shoves oop.
      good hand... put this chum on a list and mark him as an ace caller.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by davidangel
      Calling with rags, min-betting small pockets, betting 1/14th potsize are all signs of chum. No trapping, no blockbetting, simply chum. Chum do not know how to play, you can spot them after only a few hands. Here you played well, I conti-bet QQ KK even with Ace on board, and in this case you could probably fold if he donks the flop and shoves oop.
      good hand... put this chum on a list and mark him as an ace caller.
      nh
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black