This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Perry a.k.a PerryPlaysPoker - Hi :)

• PerryPlaysPoker
      PerryPlaysPoker
      Bronze
      Hey everyone,
      My name is Perry. I'm a twenty-six year-old male from the south of England and have played poker for the best part of a decade. I have spent that time mainly as a breakeven micro-stakes player at best, but I have always loved the game, was a keen student and loved creating blogs, articles and videos on the game.

I was a little popular on Pokertube with my videos that showed how bad I played and this led to a role as Head Writer for the company PokerVIP/PokerUpdate. Unfortunately, life hasn't always gone to plan on a number of occasions and this played havoc on my self-esteem. I left PokerVIP, gave up poker, stopped writing and found myself stuck in a rut for a number of years.

Now, a little older and wiser, I am still young enough to get back on the horse and pursue my life goals. One of these is to put $200 into a poker account and write on trying to make as much profit as possible in one year. I will look to do the same blogs and vlogs as before on my own YouTube channel, and will use what PokerStrategy has to offer in order to improve.

I chose PokerStrategy for a couple of reasons. I had heard about the site for a long time, but never gave it an opportunity for whatever reason, I don't know why. An old friend has become a coach and employee for it, Steven Fitzpatrick a.k.a Fitzy/Fitzinator/The Man Who Coined "The Final One". I was surprised PokerVIP didn't give him a coaching opportunity, so I was glad to see him get it here. I then delved further into the coaches here after realising Fitzy was here and that's where I came to find out that players such as "Jungleman", "Phil Shaw, Moshman and "Leatherass" have training videos here, among others.

I also like the system for wannabe winners like myself. Sign-up to a site through here, better content is available when you improve or you can pay for it per month. PokerVIP has a similar method, but it doesn't seem as polished.

Finally, the forums. As much as I like TwoPlusTwo, it seems like you have to go through a lot of fluff to find the gems of information today. With a forum like you get at PokerStrategy it has a higher concentration of players wanting to learn and improve, and their information can only help to improve my abilities as well.

Well, that's my introduction done. I'll write a post on my personal challenge shortly after this, thanks for reading guys and girls and looking forward to getting to know some of you.
      Perry.
  • 7 replies