Perry a.k.a PerryPlaysPoker - Hi :)

• PerryPlaysPoker
      Hey everyone,
      My name is Perry. I'm a twenty-six year-old male from the south of England and have played poker for the best part of a decade. I have spent that time mainly as a breakeven micro-stakes player at best, but I have always loved the game, was a keen student and loved creating blogs, articles and videos on the game.

I was a little popular on Pokertube with my videos that showed how bad I played and this led to a role as Head Writer for the company PokerVIP/PokerUpdate. Unfortunately, life hasn't always gone to plan on a number of occasions and this played havoc on my self-esteem. I left PokerVIP, gave up poker, stopped writing and found myself stuck in a rut for a number of years.

Now, a little older and wiser, I am still young enough to get back on the horse and pursue my life goals. One of these is to put $200 into a poker account and write on trying to make as much profit as possible in one year. I will look to do the same blogs and vlogs as before on my own YouTube channel, and will use what PokerStrategy has to offer in order to improve.

I chose PokerStrategy for a couple of reasons. I had heard about the site for a long time, but never gave it an opportunity for whatever reason, I don't know why. An old friend has become a coach and employee for it, Steven Fitzpatrick a.k.a Fitzy/Fitzinator/The Man Who Coined "The Final One". I was surprised PokerVIP didn't give him a coaching opportunity, so I was glad to see him get it here. I then delved further into the coaches here after realising Fitzy was here and that's where I came to find out that players such as "Jungleman", "Phil Shaw, Moshman and "Leatherass" have training videos here, among others.

I also like the system for wannabe winners like myself. Sign-up to a site through here, better content is available when you improve or you can pay for it per month. PokerVIP has a similar method, but it doesn't seem as polished.

Finally, the forums. As much as I like TwoPlusTwo, it seems like you have to go through a lot of fluff to find the gems of information today. With a forum like you get at PokerStrategy it has a higher concentration of players wanting to learn and improve, and their information can only help to improve my abilities as well.

Well, that's my introduction done. I'll write a post on my personal challenge shortly after this, thanks for reading guys and girls and looking forward to getting to know some of you.
  • 7 replies