December Volume & Poker Goals Pool

• JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      First of all this idea is stolen from 2p2 and I hope nobody is gonna be offended by it, but since the money will go to a good cause I highly doubt it.

The idea is to set goals for one self, but there is an entry fee to make it more motivating to reach the goals, the entry fee is chosen by the person who joins. If the goal is not reached at the end of the month the fee shall be paid to a third party chosen by the community (I will happily do this if people trust me) and that third party will donate the money to a charity organization which also will be chosen by the community.

A few examples are below:

• Hours in a month - Set yourself a target of say 100 hours
      • VPPS in the month - Set yourself a target of vpps earned
      • Volume - Set yourself a target of hands played
      • Anything else you can think of that can be proven with evidence of screenshots

Rules

I will set similar rules as on 2p2, since they all seem reasonable

• Escrow your entry fee if you are not known or have nobody to vouch for you.
      • 4th December Midnight UK is the deadline for you to enter or withdraw.
      • For volume and hourly goals we need to see a screenshot with your stars name (you can pm me if you prefer) and the month of the pool as evidence that you have completed your volume goal.

I hope this will get peoples attention since it's a good motivation to put more hands and hours, but it's also for a good cause, so please join! :)

If you have a charity organization you want to help then speak up.
  • 8 replies
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Volume Pool
      65K hands - $50 - JCSeerup
      5K hands - $50 - ThatGuyMatt

VPP Pool
      2,500 VPP's - $50 - JCSeerup
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      No one..? Really..?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      It's a great idea although it may only be something someone would sign up for if they have problems motivating themselves.

I've seen a few people do this in their blogs before such as Saving all fpp challange! Maybe they're keeping them there to keep their blogs bumped up.

I don't put in a lot of volume these days so I'll make just a small one for now for me to hit 5K Hands - I done almost no volume in Nov, this tied with it being Xmas and having a new Xbox to master it may still not be too easy, or I'll smash it...

I'll bet $50 that I make 5000 hands in Dec.

I already have a monthly donation for Cancer Research so I'll be glad to put my vote for them.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I have pretty much given up on the 65K hand goal, I'm at around 15K and won't have very much time the rest of the year. Hopefully I can get 40k hands more which is enough to put me on 2.5k VPPs.

I will probably donate $100 to a charity anyway.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      You've got 2 weeks to go yet, you can do it! :D

I started to worry that I wouldn't make it so I decided to start grinding yesterday and completed my goal, probably should have set it larger but the idea was to get me playing and it done that so it's all swell.

:pokerface:

Who are you going to be donating too?

Hopefully we can try this again in January and get a few more to join in.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Lets give it another shot in january, where more people hopefully will join this "project".

I was a bit lost on who I should donate to, but I'm a HUGE Breaking Bad fan, so I will give to kind campaign.

• ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Don't think I've heard of the Kind Campaign, will have to check it out.

I'll join next month too. Fingers crossed we get some more players in!
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Finally done, don't think I would have played more than 50k hands and 2k VPP if I didn't push myself in the end to reach the goal!