restart at stars

• schnukki007
      schnukki007
      Bronze
      I played NL100-400 SH on partypoker until the beginning of this year.

After i wasnt able to play poker for a while, i was able to quit party and now im playing NL50-200SH at stars since 2 months and im still searching for my game plan.

I will try to use the bootcamp as a kind of motivation to post a few hands.

PokerStars - $1 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 113.19 BB (VPIP: 80.00, PFR: 60.00, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 5)
      Hero (UTG): 100 BB
      MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 20.20, PFR: 14.44, 3Bet Preflop: 4.91, Hands: 1,999)
      CO: 111.9 BB (VPIP: 20.60, PFR: 17.25, 3Bet Preflop: 6.35, Hands: 1,727)
      BTN: 114.54 BB (VPIP: 25.46, PFR: 20.77, 3Bet Preflop: 7.73, Hands: 622)
      SB: 114.6 BB (VPIP: 21.02, PFR: 15.42, 3Bet Preflop: 5.23, Hands: 1,188)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:diamond: A:diamond:

Hero raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9.5 BB, 3 players) 6:diamond: 9:spade: K:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets 6 BB, MP calls 6 BB, fold

Turn: (21.5 BB, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero bets 14 BB, MP calls 14 BB

River: (49.5 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero bets 24 BB, MP raises to 77 BB and is all-in

MP is Reg i played 2k hands with and he maybe percieves me as bit bluffhappy

WTSD 36%
      R-Aggression 0.8
      Won when raised River 3/3
      Fold to CB 42 44 0

with the recrational player in the blinds he maybe not raise a set on the flop.
      i saw him playing turn-draws aggressivly two times.
      it is a thin valuebet but, if he thinks a barrel to much i dont want to see check him behind KQ.

there are a lot of busted flushdraws , but because of the low aggression factor i decided to fold.

too weak?

( i know the easiest answer is to bet flop and turn bigger, so im arent able to fold on the river ^^ but i dont think i induced him to bluff)
  • 12 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey

Whats your thoughts on normal tables vs zoom tables?

I like betting to induce on this run outs, I think something like 16.5bb otr may induce a little bit more though, what do you think about changing your sizing somewhat on the river? Also think check/call is viable option too, what is in your check call and check fold range otr?
    • schnukki007
      schnukki007
      Bronze
      i dont have much expericene on zoomtables. i try to increase my EV by good table selection.

betting bigger should be fine. he will call with toppair anyway and its harder for him to bluff.

to allways b/f TPTK on this runout would be to weak. but as i said i dont see villians which such a low aggression factor bluffing there. if he thinks i bet a busted draw he should just call.

if he floats more then calling a 3rdB, ch/c would be a good alternative ...WAWB.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hi Schnukki007,

I'll be helping you out in this Boot Camp with topics like procrastination, motivation, laziness, productivity, focus while playing, putting in more volume/studying, creating habits that stick, etc.

Could you please tell me:

1) What is your #1 issue in those areas
      2) What did you try so far to resolve it?
      3) What worked and what didn't?

Thank you,

-Primoz
    • schnukki007
      schnukki007
      Bronze
      motivation is no problem. before everysession i read through my notes and im highly motivated to take care for all of them. but my problem is that i cant say no to a new table coming up from autowaitlist (the feature is new for me and i have to learn to work with it).
      so i often have to much tables open and going into autopilot and sadly my autopilot isnt as good since the long break.

[so now i have adjusted my autowaitlist.]

in the last time my sessions last too long......autopilot

i will try to set a limit at the beginning ...max 2hours... more short sessions

volume is not the problem, i only play when my partner is at work, unfortunataly there is a lot of work. the problem is that i cant join the coaching because i wont to sit on the computer at the evening when she is at home. so i have a lack of theory

but my biggest problem is the autopilot issue. so i often dont think enough about ranges.

my aim for the new week is to, play less tables in shorter session and take more time for every decision i make.

and post at least one hand per day in the forum (-;
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      but my problem is that i cant say no to a new table coming up from autowaitlist (the feature is new for me and i have to learn to work with it).
      so i often have to much tables open and going into autopilot and sadly my autopilot isnt as good since the long break.

but my biggest problem is the autopilot issue. so i often dont think enough about ranges.
      Hey schnukki007!

I'm here to help you work on issues like tilt, a-game, session structure, studying for poker and lifecoaching.

Seems like you have the autowaitlist already figured out so let's see if that will fix itself. One thing that you can try is to take a short break after one hour of play. Depending on if you play zoom or regular tables changes how long of a break you can take. But even a regular tables a 2 minute break drinking water, snacking on an apple, do some pushups and 5-10 deep
      breaths and resetting is a great way to combat autopilot.

Practicing meditation and mindfulness away from poker will also help you to be able to stay more focused during sessions. You can also set alarms to go off every 15-20 minutes to remind you to check if you are autopiloting in the moment. I have one i really like, let me know if you want to try it. :)

Cheers!

Keep up the good work !
    • schnukki007
      schnukki007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ErikStenqvist
      You can also set alarms to go off every 15-20 minutes to remind you to check if you are autopiloting in the moment. I have one i really like, let me know if you want to try it. :)

lets try it, where can i find the alarm?

i think the autowait list prob is solved, but i have two hands im unsure with

PokerStars - €2 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

SB: 125.15 BB (VPIP: 23.04, PFR: 17.83, 3Bet Preflop: 6.52, Hands: 232)
      BB: 40.72 BB (VPIP: 21.90, PFR: 17.76, 3Bet Preflop: 11.56, Hands: 417)
      UTG: 77.99 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 6.25, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 66)
      MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 23.74, PFR: 19.23, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 774)
      Hero (CO): 111.38 BB
      BTN: 117.11 BB (VPIP: 30.29, PFR: 21.14, 3Bet Preflop: 8.79, Hands: 179)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:diamond: 2:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, BB calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (5.5 BB, 2 players) 3:spade: 5:club: 9:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets 3 BB, BB calls 3 BB

Turn: (11.5 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets 7 BB, BB raises to 14 BB, Hero calls 7 BB

River: (39.5 BB, 2 players) A:heart:
      BB bets 21.22 BB and is all-in,

no history , 1/7 XR Flop, Resteal BBvsCO 2/11, BvsBU 11/34

there is no need to XR a FH/OP/trips at the turn

so i but him on pure air, 1/100 the trips. i dont think he has to much small pockets he will not 3bet there. i called with the plan to push any R AI except the 9 and A. to get small pockets and better A to fold.

the push on the river is therefore the 1/100 trips oh maybe a good A.
      i dont think he would to this with A2-AT.

i only have to be in front 1 in 4 times. call ok?

PokerStars - $1 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

Hero (BB): 106.5 BB
      UTG: 102.73 BB (VPIP: 22.31, PFR: 17.31, 3Bet Preflop: 6.30, Hands: 994)
      CO: 107.8 BB (VPIP: 25.56, PFR: 20.88, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 1,813)
      BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 26.32, PFR: 22.91, 3Bet Preflop: 9.73, Hands: 599)
      SB: 166.76 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 12.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: A:heart:

fold, CO raises to 2.5 BB, BTN calls 2.5 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, BTN calls 7.5 BB

Flop: (23 BB, 2 players) 4:club: 5:diamond: 4:heart:
      Hero bets 9 BB, BTN calls 9 BB

Turn: (41 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      Hero bets 19 BB, BTN calls 19 BB

River: (79 BB, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero bets 68.5 BB and is all-in

SB was the tablespot

BU: 12% 3bet BU / unfortunatly only 4% BUvsCO (i recognized after the hand)
      f to 3bet 9/18
      c PFR BU 15%, should be wider vs BU with tablespot behind
      no mentionable history

i bet 10% on the flop, with the plan to bet 1/2 any broadway, to get a reasonable pushbet on the river ( i learned today ^^, startet with a video today and not grinding)

maybe i should exclude a Q in this plan. cause people often show up with KQ/AQ in this spot

but with my first assumption that he 3bet 12% on the button we should discount some combos of AQ/KQ there.

fold to CB F in 3betPot 38%

i think on this board he will call me with any pocket, broadways, any draws and AXs with backdoorflush

on the turn he only folds the AXs which not improve, cause the Qd is a good barrel card for me.

if he folds 1/6 pocketpairs and a few weak Q and the busted flushdraws it should be a +EV push there?!

any big mistakes?

[aproximation, just to illustrated, not complete]

call CB T (63 hands)

TT-77, AsQc, AcQs, AdKd, KdQh, KsQh, KsQc, AsQs, AcQc, KhQh, KsQs, QhJd, QhJs, QhJc, QsJd, QsJh, QsJc, QcJd, QcJh, QcJs, AdJd, KdJd, QhJh, QsJs, QcJc, JdJh, JdJs, JhJs, JhJc, JsJc, AdTd, KdTd, QhTh, QsTs, QcTc, JdTd, Ad9d, Kd9d, Ad8d, Ad7d

call R 28/63

AsQc, AcQs, KdQh, KsQh, KsQc, AsQs, AcQc, KhQh, KsQs, QhJd, QhJs, QhJc, QsJd, QsJc, QcJd, QcJh, QhJh, QsJs, QcJc, JdJh, JdJs, QhTh, TdTc, 9d9c, 8d8s, 8d8c, 7d7s, 7d7c
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      I like to use this one but any alarm will do.

http://www.fungie.info/bell/#

Let me know what you think :)
    • schnukki007
      schnukki007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ErikStenqvist
      I like to use this one but any alarm will do.

http://www.fungie.info/bell/#

Let me know what you think :)

i like the bell very much

btw, does someone look over my hands?
    • QooQoo
      QooQoo
      Bronze
      Sorry for just bombing this thread with no real feedback, but that bell...AMAZING!

I'd love to comment on your hands but I'm still rebuilding my game up from 50nl so my insight would be kinda poor at this moment :( . keep up the good work though.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by schnukki007
      motivation is no problem. before everysession i read through my notes and im highly motivated to take care for all of them. but my problem is that i cant say no to a new table coming up from autowaitlist (the feature is new for me and i have to learn to work with it).

volume is not the problem, i only play when my partner is at work, unfortunataly there is a lot of work. the problem is that i cant join the coaching because i wont to sit on the computer at the evening when she is at home. so i have a lack of theory

my aim for the new week is to, play less tables in shorter session and take more time for every decision i make.

and post at least one hand per day in the forum (-;
      Hi again!

I think Erik already helped you out a lot with the mindfulness bell.

I would add that in order to not auto-pilot, it helps a ton if you have a specific session goal / a spot that you can focus on during a session, like improving a specific part of your game.

Also, if you can't attend the coachings, what else can you do to improve your game instead?
    • schnukki007
      schnukki007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch

I would add that in order to not auto-pilot, it helps a ton if you have a specific session goal / a spot that you can focus on during a session, like improving a specific part of your game.

todays aim is to fold the 2nd best hand. meanwhile i should be perceived as callingstation, the people bluff less often then on party.
    • schnukki007
      schnukki007
      Bronze
      todays aim is not to think street to street. making a whole plan on different runouts depending on villians tendencies