This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 QJ defending blinds

• armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Table is 9 handed but there were ppl waiting for blinds. SB seems solid TAG 13/10 and knows what he is doing. This is 4th time he attacks my blinds in unopened pot.

My stats: 10/9

$0.1/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      6 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($54.75)
      UTG 1 ($15.35)
      CO ($26.15)
      BTN ($24.15)
      SB ($21.65)
      Hero ($23.80)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is BB J:spade: Q:club:
      4 folds, SB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: A:spade: 5:heart: 4:club: ($2, 2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero raises to $3

If I assume he is stealing with any semi-decent hand in unopened pot, is it profitable to reraise him on any flop (and especially with A on flop)? Or if I think he is stealing, should I better 3bet with QJ pf?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think call is better than 3-bet, since you´re deep and you could always hit two pair or trips and get most of his stack postflop.
      Postflop: raising is fine, since he´d probably have to fold all his hands than Ax or set and if he steels a lot then he doesn´t have these hands. Nh, although I wont recommend doing that move too often, since villainswould get suspicion and call you don with any pp or rebluff.