LemOn's Big Strategy thread

• LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      I suck at writing diaries, have a lol blog elsewhere so hereby starts my strategy thread that I keep because I always forget everything I learn like a microsecond after. If you like anything, please post. I am an attention whore, and if you give me attention I will be your whore, i.e. fulfill your desire for strategy.

I will not bore you with silly graph updates but it will contain:
      - hands evaluated by PS coaches
      - key points from videos that improved my game
      - summaries of book chapters and math
      - random concepts that come to me during meditation. Or cleaning the bathroom. Or doing your mum.

My background form November challenge.
      [November Marathon] - [LemOn36] - Doc.LemOn
      You can follow my blog here:
      http://lemon.liquidpoker.net/
      http://

Ill update the thread OP as well when I make a post for easier review.
      P1: Oblioo video - hand review 2/12/13
      Concepts:
      - No need for 3betting range on the flop IP
      - importance of planning for the whole hand when deciding flop sizing.

Oblioo's group coaching was cut to 60 minutes by PS. Which I hope will get fixed soon as 1hr is really very little in a group coaching with many questions for hands posted.

Anywho I had 3 hands evaluated

H1:
      http://wt.ag/IAJAJi
      Opponent: Eduts - former NL600, took some shots at nosebleeds, is good very aggressive.

Against good opponents on the flop - Oblioo does not have a 3bet range at all flats all draws, sets, overpairs, floats. I mean it makes sense, makes you harder to play against, much easier to balance and bluff villain villain later in the hand.

In general against good players keeping my range as wide as possible is a great idea, and really there is no point in wasting position.

Obviously with this hand in any strategy it's a flat on the flop as we can peel any turn pretty much and even shove if we think we have fe there, and when we do reraise we get it in crushes like always.

H2:
      http://wt.ag/IAL3Q7

30/23 3AF 83hands
      call 3b 3/6
      wwsf 67%
      bet vs missed cbet 3/4
      -We have to bet flop for protection, and when we get raised we are folding.
      When we check the calldown's good.

Comment: A big reason why I checked was because I didn't want to just fold QQ vs a raise here. I hate folding but guess on a club I'd have to fold anyway and get bluffed by total air.
      Oblioo says cc with QQ with a spade is good as we don't have to protect against a club anymore.

H3:
      http://weaktight.com/6298430
      Seat 6: Player6 ( $25.88 USD ) - VPIP: 20, PFR: 16, 3B: 11, AF: 2.4, Hands: 670

3bets 15% vs steal

cr flop 18%

Oblioo brought up a very important concept here: Thinking in terms if the whole hand not just one street. We need to decide if it's 2 or 3 street hand and base our flop sizing on that. After which he proceeded to call my sizing a big mistake obviously because it makes the stacks awkward on future streets.

- Either bet $4.50 shove turn or bet 28ish % of pot to make it 3 street sizing
      - Vs the raise Oblioo defo shoves because he doesnt expect a bluff later on this board and doesn't want freecards and is not folding. Again plan the hand, think about what villain is likely to do and act based on that. Complete hand rather than 1 street thinking.
      He'd also just shove turn himself and as played call river

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) DocLemoN is SB Q:club: Q:diamond:
      1 fold, Player2 raises to $1.50, 2 folds, DocLemoN raises to $5, 1 fold, Player2 calls $3.50

Flop: 8:spade: 4:spade: 6:spade: ($10.50, 2 players)
      DocLemoN checks and calls 3 streets without a spade

Addition to P1:

In 1st video review this spot Oblioo didnt like the check and liked it more with a spade
      "-We have to bet flop for protection, and when we get raised we are folding."

Tonight I was watching a video to make me sleep from Zazano (one of the best 1knl zoom regs) and here was his take on this vs a good opponent:

What is pretty cool about check calling is once that check call the flop, very often you are representing a spade. Zaza thinks that it's good to check QQ-AA without the spade, because once you check call people usually put you on a hand that has a flush draw in it.
      So when that's very likely what you are going to be put on and when a spade rolls off you are much less likely to be bluffed, rather than when you cbet and then turn is a spade you will be in a much tougher spot.

Obviously you should still have some hands with a spade in your check call range.

P2: my epiphany on having a plan/thinking in ranges

Im adding my random ramble from 2 months back that I need to contantly go to
      here goes:
      I've been very results oriented recently not feeling like I'm moving forward, always got tilted by bad beats and took plays v players so personally. And I was bored/frustrated.

Since my long break I forgot one totally fundamental part of my thought process. When I was at my best I was influenced by "where the buffalo roam" series and my thought process was very much like that. Basically I'd think about the spot and consider what I want to do here with all my range ignoring my holding (in that series they have cards covered completely) and when I decided the cards just fell into that range, and I could move on when I made the decision
      I guess that's totally standard for you guys but I somehow forgot or got lazier and lazier until I stopped doing that completely and just played my hands, putting more thought process on the villain his range, dynamic and how to play it with these two cards.

=>CONSIDER WHAT RANGE YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH, not the hand. Hand just falls into that range. Im not necessarily talking about GTO or balance, but simply creating a plan in a hand against specific opponent and then just let the hand fall into that plan.

The time flies by when I think like this. No
      time to think about beating bastards, when I go all in I made my decision and it's nor good or bad when I lose. When I do this, when the spot comes but I have different cards, I have already thought about it before which takes a lot of pressure of my brain

P3: Bootcamp: Uri Peleg live at NL200 video notes

Here's the video: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/31713/

My notes with commentary, enjoy.

1) On exploiting leaks:
      If someone has an obvious leak, you don't want to make exploiting it too obvious.
      E.g. someone folds to 3bets too much you don't want to bet him every orbit in order not to make it obvious and force him to adjust quickly.

2) Regs widen their ranges with fish behind, but continue with same ranges vs 3bets. So when a reg opens with a fish in blinds you can widen your 3b range IP.

3) Theoretically when you are folding 50%+ vs cbets against regs they'd have to pot bet 0 equity hands for that to be correct.
      Likewise when someone folds to cbet >50% you can cbet any2 cards with standard sizing.

In order to stop you from making autoprofit cbetting:

with 85% sizing they need to continue 54% of the time
      with 75% sizing they need to continue 57% of the time
      with 65% sizing they need to continue 61 % of the time

If villain doesn't, you can cbet any2 cards. Uri prefers semi-bluffing hands in our range preflop range over high card value hands vs regs that allow you to make autoprofit on flop when you cbet in normal and 3b pots.
      E.g. better to 3b K5s than KJo vs people that allow you to make autoprofit on the flop.

Note though: just like with autoprofit preflop e.g. against people that fold huge 80% pre and stuff, as his fold to cbet goes higher it is
      important to remember that their next street ranges are stronger - i.e. theyll hit hands more often and it's important you dont autocbet/barrel against people that are exploitably tight on earlier streets.
      If you do so you can turn a hand that shows autoprofit on one street into a -ev hand.

My note on micros: I believe on Micros it's optimal to have an exploitably high folding frequency on one street and allow villains to make autoprofit on one street, especially when we have position, as an average opponent at micros will pay you off
      way too often on future streets, failing to account for your strong range, which allows you to "make up" for the equity you are giving up on earlier streets.

4) When you are considering a squeeze on CO or BU, Uri looks if the caller in MP has 3betting range vs UTG. If he does he likely 3bets AA KK etc. and we can squeeze in that spot lighter than if he's one of the people that flat everything.

5) Adjusting ranges vs villains with leaks: Finding leaks in someone's game and knowing what you can exploit can translate into your preflop ranges as well. i.e. you'd widen your range with certain hand groupings vs a player with leaks as their EV increases.
      Say you have KJs against one player, as the players have worse and worse leaks you can add KTs, K9s [...]K2s in your preflop range and it plays rge same as KJs vs a person without a leak.
      Finding leaks means you can widen your range, so you can play more hands profitably. One of the side benefits is that other players will make mistakes vs you as you appear looser than you really are against them => This is why cutting tables and focusing hard
      on others and finding leaks in their game is so important whenever you are struggling at a limit.

6) 3betting low pairs is good vs nits that fold too much preflop and flop - guarantee +ev and you cooler them when they flat a good amount too.

7) Vs a reg C/R as preflop raiser 3way with fish: Most regs these days know they look like FOS so first time Sirry gives these random lines credit the first time

8) on a TTXs board when Uri called in the blinds v BU: against a reg that folds too much to raises and/or cbets too much uri just raises hands with backdoors to see what happens. I usually stay away from that as it's hard to rep value hands but guess people just look at their air and muck a lot.
      => if someone seems exploitable you don't need to rigidly try to rep a wide value range in order to bluff them.

9) Uri likes to take the good ol' minbet call line vs fish that hardly can have a better hands than us when we have e.g. TPNK, Midpair etc.

10) You can also see this in my video, but with fish behind with >80VPIP they are often insensitive to sizing so you can just 4x-8x preflop and theyll call theyr air anyway :)

P4Tendler's performance bell curve

theory copied from my spewcember thread:

I recently listened to first 47mins of Mental game (Tendler, 2011) and an interesting concept came up - the performance bell curve.

basically the frequency of your play can be summed as this:
      you have a range of game quality, most often you play B game etc.

Watching new vids, leaning new concepts= you expand your A game
      Improving how you play when tilted, tired, under adverse conditions=working on C game.

Theory is that you should strive to shift your performance bell curve up as a whole by working on your A AND C game so you play good quality game way more often.

As when you only focus on your A game your play like a superstar in the rare times when you are at your peak, and as a retard on steroids when tilted, but on average your game is all over the place but on average worse than if your A game was worse but C game closer to it as you can see in the following diagrams.

However, improving your C game is infinitely harder than working on your A game.
      When you are 100% focused and play low amounts of tables you can use the rational part of your brain which is slow, doesnt multitask well tires out very very fast but works with pure logic and can change in an instant.

When your rational part of the brain gets tired (and it does that real fast) however, your unconscious mind takes over. It thinks instantly, can multitask infinitely, never gets tired, hell it manifests itself even stronger when your rational thinking is tired. It does so with almost no logic, but instead uses emotion and long engraved instincts and habits (Kahneman, 2001). Needless to say it's very hard to re-program and can only be reprogrammed with endless repetition you read about in books such as Mastery (Leonad, 1991)

References
      Leonard, G. (1991) Mastery. Available at: http://swq.es/business-management/Social%20Interactions/Mastery%20-%20The%20Keys%20To%20Success%20And%20Long-Term%20Fulfillment%20-%20George%20Leonard.pdf

Kahneman D. (2001) MAPS OF BOUNDED RATIONALITY:
      A PERSPECTIVE ON INTUITIVE JUDGMENT
      AND CHOICE. Available at: http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economic-sciences/laureates/2002/kahnemann-lecture.pdf

Tendler, J; Carter, B. (2011) The mental game of poker. Available at:
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mental-Game-Poker-Jared-Tendler/dp/0615436137/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387095608&sr=8-1&keywords=mental+game+of+poker

P5 Kanu7 Xflixx coaching
      Stars released coaching vids from Kanu7
      http://www.highstakesdb.com/profiles/pokerstars/Kanu7.aspx

Pokercast with Kanu:
      http://pokercast.twoplustwo.com/pokercast.php?pokercast=294

Vid:
      Video link

1) against players that bet too much when checked to it's way better to check a lot of your hands, especially made hands. Think about it - why do you cbet to fold out their air when you could get at least one bet from them when you check.
      E.g. QQ on 547s OOP vs a guy that bets a lot vs cbet Kany would check every time. He'd also check flush draws etc.
      CC and CR is both fine. I actually listened to Kanu's podcast and against very good players where he has to play balanced he doesn't want to have a hand 100% in one range, so he'd say 50% of the time check call 50% of the time check raise.

Using your judgement will lead to biases so he likes to use either random number generator, or look at clock, if it's odd number cr even number cc etc.

2) Against good players you want to look at your range and come up with reasonable frequencies. Makes sure that when you are checking you don't check call every street with every hand -which would make never bluffing correct for the villain. Vice versa if you fold way too much of your range he can just always bluff and be correct.

Basically you try to determine a reasonable frequency, then look at your range and call with the top of it, fold bottom etc.

The same way you can exploit villains - as you could see in 1) betting too much when checked to is easily exploitable by checking everything.

At micros people almost never fold enough % of their range so rarely bluffing is correct.

A lot of coaches say that at small stakes people then fold too much and are too tight - so again you can tilt your ranges towards bluffing.

When playing a very good player that's just better than you you feel like you are owned/you play a lot with him it's important to watch your own frequencies and never tilt your ranges too much towards one side.

And when playing bad players, look for the tendencies where they rarely fold, always bet when checked to etc. Basically where their range/actions are is tilted too much to one side, you can usually exploit them by going the other way.

3) timing tell:If someone 3 barrels and snap bets river it probably means he will never have a thin value hand

4) Nobody really knows what the best preflop sizes are - it's good to try different things out and see what works for you, a lot of highstakes players still have different sizings PF and Kanu changes it around too.

5) When you move up in stakes it's best to play your normal game, use normal sizing, play the same game as you would at the lower stake at least for the first few session. When Kanu moved to 3/6 he saw everyone playing aggressively and he tried to artificially adjust and and he started spewing.

It's best to play as you know, get some sample sizes, sit down with holdem manager and look at opponents and how well your game works and then reasonably adjust your game based on evidence.

P6 my thoughts on "What are things I can do to improve myself/better my life?" as a poker player

So a Q was asked on liquidpoker:

Being on the computer at home doesn't exactly help me improve as a person. What are things I can do to improve myself/better my life?

think my response is strategy thread worthy:

1) Lift
      - Poker's the very best profession for that. It gives you freedom to go whenever you feel like it, and to fuck yourself up then sleep for four hours when you want to.
      - You can go whenever you go, best is daily in the morning really. You can regenerate in pool, go for yoga etc, accommodate your friends and get a gym buddy whenever you want. You can hire personal trainers too to make it easier.
      Benefits for poker:
      Stamina
      other goals to work on
      clears your head
      you can focus more
      you get healthier
      get confidence
      can get laid by doing one arm pushups on the dacefloor

2) Competitive teamsports
      - yeah so you lack routine? Get into a competitive sports. Poker's the very best profession for that - you always have time for scheduled training. You can always rest up/warm up before competition.
      benefits of competitive sports
      no effort motivation
      no effort friends
      no effort social contact
      confidence, fame if you good enough
      goals besides poker
      no effort schedule in chaotic lifestyle
      shit that lifting gives you too

3) Nutrition
      - when you get to that level of earnings from poker, you can have an invincible diet, hire a personal nutrition coach or even a chef.
      benefits of focusing on correct nutrition
      increased energy levels
      balanced weight
      daily routine divided by frequent meals
      balanced body sugar means less mood swings, longer focus, balanced mood

4) Studying psychology, self-help, personal development etc.
      - these teach you how to understand yourself and others. How to live a good life, importance of goals, how the brain and body works, how to interact with other people, how to understand and accept yourself, forgive, maintain positive attitude.
      Benefits of studying and applying psychology and self development resources
      mental strength
      happier life
      increased motivation
      understanding of others and how to interact with them
      enjoying the grind
      know how to set goals and how to reach them

5) A productive hobby
      - whatever you like poker gives you time, you can do a few hours in a local charity, go hiking with family every week.
      benefits
      something else to focus on
      increased mood
      social contact with the right hobbies

OR scrap all that and get this one:
      Needy girlfriend
      benefits
      you get laid
      no time to think about what to do with your time
      [/b]

P7 Zazano concepts (nl1k video)
      Ill expand on these zazano concepts later, have lunch with family
      1) folding or calling your entire range means you think you are a wizard
      Some people don't think in terms of bottom of their range, middle of their range top of their range...They just think in terms of: "Ok, do I think He's bluffing or not?"basically. They basically play a leveling game and try to win at it.

Zaza told to many of his students: Don't try to do magic. Sure there is spots where villain's range is geared super heavy only towards value or bluffs, problem is that people translate that into too many spots and they start to play the leveling game, and when you're playing somebody who's pretty competent its gonna be hard. When Zazano bluffs it was because he thought it was +ev and he had blockers etc. and he will keep bluffing in good spots. People will think too much into that, and think this guy is a bluffer or try to be magician mind readers.
      But unless you're pretty good at it and have a lot of reads and notes on certain people it's going to be hard, and people that think like that don't have as good results as they should have.

So instead of trying to be a magician and start the leveling yourself, look at the range you have, the blockers you might have etc. and play your range accordingly.

-this is consistent with Kanu and Ike's thought process, and also with Uri Peleg's as I've seen in his coachings.

2) Evolution of check raising strategies
      1) people that never check raise
      - only cr when they are deep, sometimes random bluffs/value
      2) 8-10% cr
      - they do it based on board texture
      3) 16-20%
      less regs use that strategy these days. It used to be much more common, but with ranges being much wider, and people defend much wider in BB dont fold 70% like in the past. And given your range is so much wider means your range will be a lot weaker

3) Importance of blockers postflop
      Zazano gives priority on bluffing and bluff catching with hands that block part of villain's range

example:
      Poker Stars, $5/$10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      MP: $1,000 (100 bb)
      CO: $2,324.50 (232.5 bb)
      BTN: $1,442.02 (144.2 bb)
      Zaza (SB): $1,005 (100.5 bb)
      BB: $1,799.50 (180 bb)

Preflop: Zaza is SB with A:diamond: Q:heart:
      MP raises to $25, 2 folds, Zaza raises to $100, BB folds, MP calls $75

Flop: ($210) 8:diamond: 5:diamond: Q:spade: (2 players)
      Zaza bets $105, MP calls $105

Turn: ($420) K:heart: (2 players)
      Zaza bets $210, MP calls $210

River: ($840) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Zaza checks, MP bets $585 and is all-in, Zaza calls $585

Results: $2,010 pot ($3 rake)
      Final Board: 8:diamond: 5:diamond: Q:spade: K:heart: 2:diamond:
      MP showed 6:heart: 7:heart: and lost (-$1,000 net)
      Zaza showed A:diamond: Q:heart: and won $2,007 ($1,007 net)

P8 F. Boyanovski NL25 zoom vid

1) when regs call in position and their VPIP to PFR Gap is really small, it means their calling range is very pocket pair heavy, they call for setmine value so we can cbet a lot against them on flops containing broadway cards
      2) preflop sizing in SB
      - minraising sb v bb is only good if you have reads on villain and know he folds too much and doesn't adjust (AKA Nits). As when you minraise a wide range he can call literally any2 profitably. 3Xing the SB is still standard and probably best.
      3) SB call range v UTG often contains a lot of pocket pairs so on e.g. Td 6c 2d flop your plan should be to barrel twice a lot and expect profit.
      Best cbetting hands are hands are hands with backdoor potential like Kd Qc you are better off checking hands that can't barrel many turns on the flop, cbet hands with backdoor but when you do cbet you should do it with the plan of firing at least 2x
      4) in SB v BU with QJo
      - if you are facing a button raise with a hand like that and you think its close between folding and calling, consider 3betting as an option instead use the hand for blocker value
      5) with small pocket pairs oop on paired boards when villain check backs flop
      e.g. 4h 4d on Tc: 2h Td 5h you should always bet the turn to get value out of hands like AQ etc. that always call once (plus you protect your hand as well). Even when he's giving up with hands like KQ we don't get any extra value but don't let him realize his equity with his 6 outs for free.
      My note: one of the things at micros and why it's rly easy to play them - tons of people turn their ranges face up a lot, when they check they have weakbluffcatchers, when they bet they have strong hands, and those that do try "deception" do it in a totally imbalanced obvious way like checking QQ on QXX to check call flop check raise turn etc.

P10 - Uri Peleg Coaching

Uri Peleg Video Review
      Sup dudes. I'm hangover, play preety bad so decided to do something productive and watch Uri's coaching. Watch out for podcasts, it was really good and I assume it'll be released.

1) Small stakes regs cbet too much with midpairs
      e.g. QT KTX
      KK AXX oop etc.

2) Small samples
      -uri doesn't pay attention to them if they are close to average at the stake
      e.g. a reg has 4-7/10 fold to 3bet Uri would pretty much ignore that, but the closer it's to 0 or 10 the more he'd tend to skew his ranges.

3)cold 4betting
      -in steal situations e.g. BUvSB in BB we can cold 4bet any 2 blockers at SSNL and expect it to be +ev

4) sizing vs fish on river
      -when his range has a lot of air or bluffcatchers
      - bet small target air OR
      - bet large target bluffcatchers

5) calling BBvCO 2.5X open
      Deciding what hands we can defend vs a raise

0=-A+P*R*EQ where
      A=amount to call
      P=final pot
      R=%equity we realize
      EQ=minumum equity needed

i.e. in BB vs 2.5bb CO open where we estimate we realize 70% equity
      it'd be like this
      http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0%3D%28-1.5%2B5.5*.7*X%29&dataset=
      So any hand with >39% equity we should defend. make it a bit higher adjusted for rake. You can use the equilab range calculator to decide these.
      note that R will be lower for offsuit hands generally

Equilab magic I had no clue about :D
      You can select a whole row in equilab using a ctrl key
      behold

*there's a range calculator
      Say your villain has a 26% range - you input that into equilab
      Use this: w34z3l's 6max walkthrough - (microstakes edition)
      or this: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/2252/1/

you call BB v CO and want to know what hands have at least 40% equity, you click on that green arrow, put in 40 and click calculate and it gives you all hands with 40% equity vs his range
      Behold

P11 - R and BBvBU v 2x ranges

Addition to R (% equity for a hand we expect to realize) from another thread
      It's never easy who plays 400ish showed this range for defend bb v bu 2x that a was shown in "a" video:

and asked if it's any good. I tried to give my 2 cents using what I learned from Uri:

the more reads and better plan you have, the more of your equity you will realize (The variable R).
      For the junk hands without reads it's hard to go much above 50%
      if you realize 50% equity u'd just defend this vs bu
      22+, A2s+, K2s+, Q6s+, J8s+, T9s, A2o+, K6o+, Q9o+, JTo
      if you realize 60% it's
      22+, A2s+, K2s+, Q2s+, J2s+, T2s+, 95s+, 85s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, A2o+, K2o+, Q2o+, J5o+, T7o+, 97o+, 87o

Think 55% is closer for offsuit hands which gives you this
      - I saw a spreadsheet and it was around this value from Stuff like KXo
      22+, A2s+, K2s+, Q2s+, J5s+, T7s+, 97s+, 87s, A2o+, K2o+, Q6o+, J8o+, T9o

If you combine these and do R=60% for suited hands and 55% for offsuit hands you get this range for a profitable call:

insert the 3b hands that are at top of your folding range and it's pretty much the range the OP suggests, only a tad tighter so it should be pretty sound for your stakes.

The R is irrelevant for the better hands as it'll be higher , it should be higher for suited and connected hands too as with backdoors and draws they'll be closer to the better bluffing hands postflop so you don't have to XF em so much

you can just put the input for R (%of equity you realize) and X (Equity of a hand vs opening range) in 0.XX format and see what you get here:
      http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0%3D-1%2B4.5*R*X

To get raw ranges that have the necessary equity once you input R you can get by using hand range calculator in equilab

The lower the stake, the more you have to trim ranges as the rake will hurt ev of marginal hands.

How wider to go above minimum defend to deny autoptofit all depends on how well you will play those junk hands and how high your R will be with them vs villain really the def range can even wider than the op suggested if you will play well postflop. Like if you somehow manage to realize 73% equity+ you should defend literally any2 including 72o and 32o

P12 - Apotheosis leak finder

Hey guys, my notes on Apoth. nl50 leakfinder. Was on my to do list so I figured why not share em :]
      - AXo are bad for 3b range SB vBU
      Fundamentals to beat NL50

squeezing

1) if we are going to squeeze, $6 is better
      - $7 (14bb) needs to work 65% of the time pore
      - $6 (12bb) needs to work 61.1% of the time
      I assume that the difference in FE won't be much larger wit $7 squeeze as with $6

2) overcall seems better here because:
      :heart: Suited and Connected. Multiway pots the average hand strength people value bet goes up. A hand like 56s makes a lot of hands that are good - flushes, straights.
      The times we don't hit it makes a lot of weak/poor hands like 6pair or 6 high. So we can happily fold K,Jx flops etc. And at lower stakes people will pay us off too much e.g. om 378 boards with overpairs sets etc. And if they don't we can put in check raises etc. and should get a lot of credit 3way with good semi bluff opportunities.

:heart: Heads up pot: The value of making decent pairs goes up
      :heart: when we get 4bet here, this is a bad hand vs a shove
      :heart: we don't have any blockers to his strong hands preflop - people will 4bet less often when we hold eg AQ. he has 29.6% less QQ+AK combinations as opposed to when we hold 56s.

you can check out blocker effect out in equilab
      just put blocker hand in

open up the 4bet range
      untick display card removal to see number of combos without removing your 2 cards

the tick it, see the difference in combinations and percentage

Note that with hands like AXs you also remove hands people 4bet fold with like their AJ AXs... i.e. you block their blockers

setmining
      e.g.
      setmining should have higher value at these stakes as people will fold less postflop and should squeeze less. Also at NL50 it's more likely for an unknown to be a recreational player so value of sets goes up.
      Apo thinks the difference between 22-55 when we flat EP,MP opens we should treat them the same. Also note that with aggressive villains or at higher stakes 22-55 should be folded MPvUTG almost always vs 3x, but at 50 it's an okay call.

4 sizing IP- 1.95x to 2.2X, oop 2.2X-2.3x
      Hand selection: blocker hands like ATo should be preferred

vs a reg when we get called vs our 4bet here and check flop call turn, we can fold river vs most multitabling regs as they shouldn't be capable of bluffing here much (even though this is near the top of our range for 4bet and check back flop)
      - GTO should not be overrated at these spots at 50nl, people underbluff or rarely bluff spots like these often

vs small 3bets
      when we get 3bet to less than 8x BvB we can call hands like T7s etc.
      e.g. vs a $3.75 3b when we 3bb pre we need 30% equity
      against e.g. a hand range like this
      we have 42.7% and need to realize signifficantly less than 100% equity to make it a call preflop. i.e. we don't have to sweat check folding when we wiff completely as the odds are so good.

cbet sizing IP

when someone's range is weak e.g. here

and we cbet large we do villain a favor. When we bet big villain can just fold his weak hands like KJ 44etc. and be correct. By betting small he either has to learn to call like KJo oop vs us in this spot on flop, or he'll fold it and we autoprofit.

Also we want to keep his range wider - If we want to be able to bet our hand 3streets we have to bet small pretty much, if we bet big we narrow his range much quicker so when we 3 barrel we can even lose money vs his calling range. Apo would go 60% [f], 60% [T], check [R]
      or 40% [F,T,R] here on rags.
  • 24 replies
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      P9 - HU Championship Final hands recap
      - see below, cant do spoiler within spoiler :]

P10 Uri Peleg's NL Laboratory review 1 May 14

Uri Peleg Video Review
      Sup dudes. I'm hangover, play preety bad so decide to do something productive and watch Uri's coaching. Watch out for podcasts, it was really good and I assume it'll be released.

e.g. QT KTX
      KK AXX oop etc.

2) Small samples
      e.g. a reg has 4-7/10 fold to 3bet Uri would pretty much ignore that, but the closer it's to 0 or 10 the more he'd tend to skew his ranges.

3)cold 4betting
      -in steal situations e.g. BUvSB in BB we can cold 4bet any 2 blockers at SSNL and expect it to be +ev

5) calling BBcCO 2.5X open

0=-A+P*R*EQ where
      A=amount to call
      P=final pot
      R=%equity we realize
      EQ=minumum equity needed

it'd be like this
      So any hand with >39% equity we should defend. make it a nit higher adjusted for rake. You can use the equilab range calculator to decide these.

behold

you call BB v CO and want to know what hands have at least 40% equity, you click on that green arrow, put in 40 and click calculate and it gives you all hands with 40% equity vs his range
      Behold

• LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Im adding my random ramble from 2 months back that I need to contantly go to
      here goes:
      I've been very results oriented recently not feeling like I'm moving forward, always got tilted by bad beats and took plays v players so personally. And I was bored/frustrated.

Since my long break I forgot one totally fundamental part of my thought process. When I was at my best I was influenced by "where the buffalo roam" series and my thought process was very much like that. Basically I'd think about the spot and consider what I want to do here with all my range ignoring my holding (in that series they have cards covered completely) and when I decided the cards just fell into that range, and I could move on when I made the decision
      I guess that's totally standard for you guys but I somehow forgot or got lazier and lazier until I stopped doing that completely and just played my hands, putting more thought process on the villain his range, dynamic and how to play it with these two cards.

=>CONSIDER WHAT RANGE YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH, not the hand. Hand just falls into that range. Im not necessarily talking about GTO or balance, but simply creating a plan in a hand against specific opponent and then just let the hand fall into that plan.

The time flies by when I think like this. No
      time to think about beating bastards, when I go all in I made my decision and it's nor good or bad when I lose. When I do this, when the spot comes but I have different cards, I have already thought about it before which takes a lot of pressure of my brain
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      2 hands being evaluated now:
      [NL16 SH] BB v BU Turn and river ranges

hand:
      flop and turn
      Poker Stars $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2371595
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $16.00
      BTN: $16.00
      SB: $15.63
      Hero (BB): $16.00
      UTG: $18.59

Pre Flop: ($0.24) Hero is BB with J :club: K :diamond:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.24

Flop: ($0.88) J :spade: 6 :heart: 6 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.88) A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.54, Hero calls $0.54

River: ($1.96) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.28, Hero raises to $3

Villain: you standard straightfrward TAG, steals 50% buttons
      20/17 63% Cbet...just a normal reg.

I don't really have leading ranges so I will check call flop with most my hands.

Turn: His range has a lot of Ax but also hands that gave up and he can bet this card 100% of the time with a anything very credibly

Q1: worst hand you'd check call turn?and why:
      Also I'd check call 100% sets fds etc. is that fine?
      Q2: Worst hand in our range we should call river with:
      I don't think we should be calling with KJ here since there is a lot of Ax in his range
      Q3: what hands should we raise?
      Since I cc 6X and fd alot OTT and fd should always bet flop I think I have a good amount of value hands in my range here to turn pretty much all my hands that can't beat Ax into a bluff.

coach response:

Hi LemOn36

As played we can check/call all pairs that we checked the flop with. There's really no difference between JT and 77 there when villain takes the line he did.

What do you really rep on the river when raising his barrel after playing so passive? 6x doesn't wait till the river so really you are repping a flush and nothing else... and most flushes bluff the turn themselves. So really you are repping TT.

Maybe against bad regs you will get them to fold some Ax but anyone that can hand read will rarely fold there.

And even if you ck/call 6x on the turn (why would you?) why would you raise the river on a flush card.

Why wouldn't we want to raise 6x on the turn? A second FD comes down (which he can have) plus any Ax like you said.

Also, why wouldn't we lead with part of our value/bluff/semibluff range?

When you check/call the turn your range is usually pairs or rarely a 6x so what's really raising that river?

Against not so competent and tighter regs you may get away with a bluff on the river but I really doubt your average reg will fold anything better often enough.

Question for you: You are in villains shoes with AQdd and you check the flop, fair enough. Now you bet turn for value, and then the river. Villain raises you on the river. What do you think his range is? How about if now you got raised on the turn and villain bet river?

How about if you have A5dd?

my reply:O K I discussed this with a couple microregs too and it seems that me not understanding stems from turn range. I'd check everything there because I know I bet the ace 100% of the time with anything even total air I checked the flop with and I check to delay cbet a good amount on the flop.

But it does seem more straightforward to have a wide betting range on the turn and it all makes sense smile

With AQ I call river raise A5 I fold, when unsure v uknown regs I just call top of my range fold bottom to keep reasonable frequencies and that way I stop from leveling myself. People don't turn stuff into bluff so pretty much spades that cc turn 6x some of the time but little as peoples suck some busted hearts TT 66 random spazzes rly unsure about frequencies there so I'd rly call top fold bottom of my range.

Thanks for quick answers very much btw Bogdan much appreciated!

[NL16 SH] CO v BU vs 3bet ranges
      hand:

Poker Stars $16.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2371597
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $7.73 - VPIP: 39, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 2.4, Hands: 36
      BB: $9.76 - VPIP: 46, PFR: 15, 3B: 0, AF: Infinity, Hands: 13
      UTG: $16.07 - VPIP: 45, PFR: 15, 3B: 17, AF: 3.7, Hands: 74
      MP: $19.59 - VPIP: 39, PFR: 28, 3B: 19, AF: 2.5, Hands: 75
      Hero (CO): $16.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 7, AF: 3.6, Hands: 1315144
      BTN: $16.00 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 21, 3B: 9, AF: 4.0, Hands: 568

Pre Flop: ($0.24) Hero is CO with A :heart: J :heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN raises to $1.28, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.88
      Flop: ($2.80) 8 :spade: Q :spade: 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($2.80) 3 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.30, BTN calls $2.30

River: ($7.40) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, BTN
      Many regs like that these days, watched a video or something and start 3betting small on button This one does it around 13%-15% of the time over decent sample, otherwise standard tag.

Q1: What should be our calling range preflop?
      I know how to 4bet balanced range, basically take the top blockers, widen value range. I don't think it's optimal to have a 4b fold only strategy against this sizing and frequency though. I think calling something like this should be reasonable:
      99-88, AQs-ATs, KJs+, T9s, 98s, 87s, AQo, KQo
      Only 5% of hands

Q2: flop play + plan for the hand if he bets 30-55% pot?? and why?
      Think he should give up a good amount ott so we can bluff river easily. I'd cc all TPs and overcard+good backdoors rly

My plan was to check call flop as we have good backdoors and check shove on heart and Tx that brings doublegutter. That fine or would you check call them too?
      Is donking good in any part og the hand?

Q3 rest of teh hand as played
      fds should bet flop really, I have a lot of Qx and still fds in my range so I decide to bet big, most likely give up on rag river but bet all spades. that fine?

Coach response:
      He 3-bets small but you also open smaller at 2.5x so of course 3-bets will be smaller.

Calling depends a lot on your reads (you have 550 hands) and your plan postflop. You don't call hands like 98s and have 0 plans for them postflop.
      But otherwise the range looks ok to start with.

For postflop, you can see that villain plays his hand like a weak draw that wants to avoid a raise or a showdown hand. The river pairs the board and brings yet another small card so I doubt you have enough FE to warrant another barrel there.

Put yourself in his shoes. If you play TT like this, by checking flop and calling turn, do you fold the river for roughly 27-28% pot odds? How about QJ or QK that pot control flop?

Also Do you expect villain to bet 30-45% of the pot? I see that in 4-bet pots but I really don't see it done at Nl10,16 or 25 for that matter.

If he bets the standard bet which is around 50% we can call the flop. We can't call preflop with hands like this and fit/fold it. You can also semibluff raise the flop if you have some specific reads.

Also, donking wouldn't make much sense really on any turn. If you want to donk you might as well raise the flop.
    • littleA
      littleA
      Bronze
      Hey Lemon.

I think your blog is a great contribution to the forums.

Keep on posting, I think I can learn a lot of it.

My blog is kinda in the same direction, but I'll still post some graphs I think :)

Regards Roman
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Here's the video: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/31713/

My notes with commentary, enjoy.

1) On exploiting leaks:
      If someone has an obvious leak, you don't want to make exploiting it too obvious.
      E.g. someone folds to 3bets too much you don't want to bet him every orbit in order not to make it obvious and force him to adjust quickly.

2) Regs widen their ranges with fish behind, but continue with same ranges vs 3bets. So when a reg opens with a fish in blinds you can widen your 3b range IP.

3) Theoretically when you are folding 50%+ vs cbets against regs they'd have to pot bet 0 equity hands for that to be correct.
      Likewise when someone folds to cbet >50% you can cbet any2 cards with standard sizing.

In order to stop you from making autoprofit cbetting:

with 85% sizing they need to continue 54% of the time
      with 75% sizing they need to continue 57% of the time
      with 65% sizing they need to continue 61 % of the time

If villain doesn't, you can cbet any2 cards. Uri prefers semi-bluffing hands in our range preflop range over high card value hands vs regs that allow you to make autoprofit on flop when you cbet in normal and 3b pots.
      E.g. better to 3b K5s than KJo vs people that allow you to make autoprofit on the flop.

Note though: just like with autoprofit preflop e.g. against people that fold huge 80% pre and stuff, as his fold to cbet goes higher it is
      important to remember that their next street ranges are stronger - i.e. theyll hit hands more often and it's important you dont autocbet/barrel against people that are exploitably tight on earlier streets.
      If you do so you can turn a hand that shows autoprofit on one street into a -ev hand.

My note on micros: I believe on Micros it's optimal to have an exploitably high folding frequency on one street and allow villains to make autoprofit on one street, especially when we have position, as an average opponent at micros will pay you off
      way too often on future streets, failing to account for your strong range, which allows you to "make up" for the equity you are giving up on earlier streets.

4) When you are considering a squeeze on CO or BU, Uri looks if the caller in MP has 3betting range vs UTG. If he does he likely 3bets AA KK etc. and we can squeeze in that spot lighter than if he's one of the people that flat everything.

5) Adjusting ranges vs villains with leaks: Finding leaks in someone's game and knowing what you can exploit can translate into your preflop ranges as well. i.e. you'd widen your range with certain hand groupings vs a player with leaks as their EV increases.
      Say you have KJs against one player, as the players have worse and worse leaks you can add KTs, K9s [...]K2s in your preflop range and it plays rge same as KJs vs a person without a leak.
      Finding leaks means you can widen your range, so you can play more hands profitably. One of the side benefits is that other players will make mistakes vs you as you appear looser than you really are against them => This is why cutting tables and focusing hard
      on others and finding leaks in their game is so important whenever you are struggling at a limit.

6) 3betting low pairs is good vs nits that fold too much preflop and flop - guarantee +ev and you cooler them when they flat a good amount too.

7) Vs a reg C/R as preflop raiser 3way with fish: Most regs these days know they look like FOS so first time Sirry gives these random lines credit the first time

8) on a TTXs board when Uri called in the blinds v BU: against a reg that folds too much to raises and/or cbets too much uri just raises hands with backdoors to see what happens. I usually stay away from that as it's hard to rep value hands but guess people just look at their air and muck a lot.
      => if someone seems exploitable you don't need to rigidly try to rep a wide value range in order to bluff them.

9) Uri likes to take the good ol' minbet call line vs fish that hardly can have a better hands than us when we have e.g. TPNK, Midpair etc.

10) You can also see this in my video, but with fish behind with >80VPIP they are often insensitive to sizing so you can just 4x-8x preflop and theyll call theyr air anyway :)
    • schnukki007
      schnukki007
      Bronze
      i like ur notes regarding the videos, so keep on

thread is marked
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      theory copied from my spewcember thread:

I recently listened to first 47mins of Mental game (Tendler, 2011) and an interesting concept came up - the performance bell curve.

basically the frequency of your play can be summed as this:
      you have a range of game quality, most often you play B game etc.

Watching new vids, leaning new concepts= you expand your A game
      Improving how you play when tilted, tired, under adverse conditions=working on C game.

Theory is that you should strive to shift your performance bell curve up as a whole by working on your A AND C game so you play good quality game way more often.

As when you only focus on your A game your play like a superstar in the rare times when you are at your peak, and as a retard on steroids when tilted, but on average your game is all over the place but on average worse than if your A game was worse but C game closer to it as you can see in the following diagrams.

However, improving your C game is infinitely harder than working on your A game.
      When you are 100% focused and play low amounts of tables you can use the rational part of your brain which is slow, doesnt multitask well tires out very very fast but works with pure logic and can change in an instant.

When your rational part of the brain gets tired (and it does that real fast) however, your unconscious mind takes over. It thinks instantly, can multitask infinitely, never gets tired, hell it manifests itself even stronger when your rational thinking is tired. It does so with almost no logic, but instead uses emotion and long engraved instincts and habits (Kahneman, 2001). Needless to say it's very hard to re-program and can only be reprogrammed with endless repetition you read about in books such as Mastery (Leonad, 1991)

References
      Leonard, G. (1991) Mastery. Available at: http://swq.es/business-management/Social%20Interactions/Mastery%20-%20The%20Keys%20To%20Success%20And%20Long-Term%20Fulfillment%20-%20George%20Leonard.pdf

Kahneman D. (2001) MAPS OF BOUNDED RATIONALITY:
      A PERSPECTIVE ON INTUITIVE JUDGMENT
      AND CHOICE. Available at: http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economic-sciences/laureates/2002/kahnemann-lecture.pdf

Tendler, J; Carter, B. (2011) The mental game of poker. Available at:
      [URLhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Mental-Game-Poker-Jared-Tendler/dp/0615436137/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387095608&sr=8-1&keywords=mental+game+of+poker[/URL]
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Internet NL500
      Here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/31754/
      NL500 vid, wanted to watch while eating breakfast but it had some good concepts applicable everywhere

Will update if internet answers for 1&2

1) Q: T9s on undercard You cbet slightly bigger than pot?
      you did say you'd bet 75% but didn't seem like a miss click - you most likely have this tendency in your autopilot.
      How do you determine your cbet sizings? Do you change them based on:
      - flop wetness/dryness
      - your preflop position/how wide your range is/how likely it is to hit this board
      - IP/OOP
      ANSWER: TBC

2) Internet cc as PFR with QJ no flush draw on T8Xs BvB
      - this seems good as villain should barrel pretty much all our outs, if he checks we dont mind and when we do bet we have our life on the turn.
      It also makes us harder to play against and protects our 8x cc range etc with which you turn your hand face up.

My Q:
      QJs on T8Xs - you raised BvB pre then Check called flop. I guess you take this line with weakish made hands too right so having QJ kinda makes your range harder to play against. What do you do with made hands like A8 K8 77 etc. without backdoors - would they be in your check calling range too or do you bet flop to "protect". And what's the turn play when we either cc or bet these hands?

ANSWER:TBC

3) A concept that Oblioo mentioned in my QQ hand in P1 was repeated here. If villain is extremely unlikely to bluff next street, and you are never folding your made hand, just bet/raise
      Situation: when you have a made hand that's likely the best/near the top of your range, villain has a lot of bluffs/some draws his range
      AND he is very likely to give up and not bluff on future streets, you should raise even tho flatting seems more logical.

Hand in Internet example:
      KQ BvB v halfstacker
      Villain barrel big turn QX22s. Internet doesn't expect him to ever bluff river, there are some flush draws some worse Qx he can call so he just shoved the turn.
      Or
      when you flat good AX, flat 3bet OOP and flop AXX - if you don't think villain will barrel the turn much you should just raise the flop.

In these situations when villain has likely close to no bluffing range on the next street and you are never folding yoru hand you might as well raise to protect/get value no matter how infrequently as you don't lose anything when villain wont bluff next street.

4) His hand reminded me of the Rock Paper Scissors concept.
      When a player includes a hand in one range he removes it from the other
      i.e. in the vid a reg raises a nut flush draw on the flop IP. Now we know doesn't have nutfd in his flatting ranges IP and can barrel way more on boards that complete flush when he just flats.

It's the same as when you find out someone rigidly 3bets linear range that includes all AT+ etc hands in the blinds, when the board comes AXX when he flats you can 3 barrel the shit out of him as he removes most of combos that can call 3streets by 3betting them preflop.

5) Against small 3bets from midstacks it's better to have hands like A9o than drawing hands and vs against bigger stacks (well, DUH ;P)
      Internet flatted a 7bb 3bet with A9o and shove raised T97s vs a 50bb stack+got called by AJo. He shoved because he can get calls from hands like those, folds, and he hates pretty much any turn spot where shove should be always +ev.

6) Internet cold 4bet AQs OOP vs 3bet and cold call and got 2 callers
      on Q28s flop he didn't even consider cbetting and checked 2x bet river. The lesson I guess is that I shouldn't valuebet just because I hit one of the best flops for my hand, but always think about what we are getting value from
      it's true that against 2 villains it's very hard to have >50% equity against their combined continuing ranges hence we can't really value bet there, and AQ on QXX might seem strong but when we cold 4bet 2 people and cbet OOP that board they put us on a super strong range AQ is actually quite weak and wont get much value
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Stars released coaching vids from Kanu7
      http://www.highstakesdb.com/profiles/pokerstars/Kanu7.aspx

Pokercast with Kanu:
      http://pokercast.twoplustwo.com/pokercast.php?pokercast=294

Vid:
      Video link

1) against players that bet too much when checked to it's way better to check a lot of your hands, especially made hands. Think about it - why do you cbet to fold out their air when you could get at least one bet from them when you check.
      E.g. QQ on 547s OOP vs a guy that bets a lot vs cbet Kany would check every time. He'd also check flush draws etc.
      CC and CR is both fine. I actually listened to Kanu's podcast and against very good players where he has to play balanced he doesn't want to have a hand 100% in one range, so he'd say 50% of the time check call 50% of the time check raise.

Using your judgement will lead to biases so he likes to use either random number generator, or look at clock, if it's odd number cr even number cc etc.

2) Against good players you want to look at your range and come up with reasonable frequencies. Makes sure that when you are checking you don't check call every street with every hand -which would make never bluffing correct for the villain. Vice versa if you fold way too much of your range he can just always bluff and be correct.

Basically you try to determine a reasonable frequency, then look at your range and call with the top of it, fold bottom etc.

The same way you can exploit villains - as you could see in 1) betting too much when checked to is easily exploitable by checking everything.

At micros people almost never fold enough % of their range so rarely bluffing is correct.

A lot of coaches say that at small stakes people then fold too much and are too tight - so again you can tilt your ranges towards bluffing.

When playing a very good player that's just better than you you feel like you are owned/you play a lot with him it's important to watch your own frequencies and never tilt your ranges too much towards one side.

And when playing bad players, look for the tendencies where they rarely fold, always bet when checked to etc. Basically where their range/actions are is tilted too much to one side, you can usually exploit them by going the other way.

3) timing tell:If someone 3 barrels and snap bets river it probably means he will never have a thin value hand

4) Nobody really knows what the best preflop sizes are - it's good to try different things out and see what works for you, a lot of highstakes players still have different sizings PF and Kanu changes it around too.

5) When you move up in stakes it's best to play your normal game, use normal sizing, play the same game as you would at the lower stake at least for the first few session. When Kanu moved to 3/6 he saw everyone playing aggressively and he tried to artificially adjust and and he started spewing.

It's best to play as you know, get some sample sizes, sit down with holdem manager and look at opponents and how well your game works and then reasonably adjust your game based on evidence.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      So a Q was asked on liquidpoker:

Being on the computer at home doesn't exactly help me improve as a person. What are things I can do to improve myself/better my life?

think my response is strategy thread worthy:

1) Lift
      - Poker's the very best profession for that. It gives you freedom to go whenever you feel like it, and to fuck yourself up then sleep for four hours when you want to.
      - You can go whenever you go, best is daily in the morning really. You can regenerate in pool, go for yoga etc, accommodate your friends and get a gym buddy whenever you want. You can hire personal trainers too to make it easier.
      Benefits for poker:
      Stamina
      other goals to work on
      clears your head
      you can focus more
      you get healthier
      get confidence
      can get laid by doing one arm pushups on the dacefloor

2) Competitive teamsports
      - yeah so you lack routine? Get into a competitive sports. Poker's the very best profession for that - you always have time for scheduled training. You can always rest up/warm up before competition.
      benefits of competitive sports
      no effort motivation
      no effort friends
      no effort social contact
      confidence, fame if you good enough
      goals besides poker
      no effort schedule in chaotic lifestyle
      shit that lifting gives you too

3) Nutrition
      - when you get to that level of earnings from poker, you can have an invincible diet, hire a personal nutrition coach or even a chef.
      benefits of focusing on correct nutrition
      increased energy levels
      balanced weight
      daily routine divided by frequent meals
      balanced body sugar means less mood swings, longer focus, balanced mood

4) Studying psychology, self-help, personal development etc.
      - these teach you how to understand yourself and others. How to live a good life, importance of goals, how the brain and body works, how to interact with other people, how to understand and accept yourself, forgive, maintain positive attitude.
      Benefits of studying and applying psychology and self development resources
      mental strength
      happier life
      increased motivation
      understanding of others and how to interact with them
      enjoying the grind
      know how to set goals and how to reach them

5) A productive hobby
      - whatever you like poker gives you time, you can do a few hours in a local charity, go hiking with family every week.
      benefits
      something else to focus on
      increased mood
      social contact with the right hobbies

OR scrap all that and get this one:
      Needy girlfriend
      benefits
      you get laid
      no time to think about what to do with your time
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) DocLemoN is SB Q:club: Q:diamond:
      1 fold, Player2 raises to $1.50, 2 folds, DocLemoN raises to $5, 1 fold, Player2 calls $3.50

Flop: 8:spade: 4:spade: 6:spade: ($10.50, 2 players)
      DocLemoN checks and calls 3 streets without a spade

Addition to P1:
      In 1st video review this spot Oblioo didnt like the check and liked it more with a spade
      "-We have to bet flop for protection, and when we get raised we are folding."

Tonight I was watching a video to make me sleep from Zazano (one of the best 1knl zoom regs) and here was his take on this vs a good opponent:

What is pretty cool about check calling is once that check call the flop, very often you are representing a spade. Zaza thinks that it's good to check QQ-AA without the spade, because once you check call people usually put you on a hand that has a flush draw in it.
      So when that's very likely what you are going to be put on and when a spade rolls off you are much less likely to be bluffed, rather than when you cbet and then turn is a spade you will be in a much tougher spot.

Obviously you should still have some hands with a spade in your check call range.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Ill expand on these zazano concepts later, have lunch with family
      1) folding or calling your entire range means you think you are a wizard
      Some people don't think in terms of bottom of their range, middle of their range top of their range...They just think in terms of: "Ok, do I think He's bluffing or not?"basically. They basically play a leveling game and try to win at it.

Zaza told to many of his students: Don't try to do magic. Sure there is spots where villain's range is geared super heavy only towards value or bluffs, problem is that people translate that into too many spots and they start to play the leveling game, and when you're playing somebody who's pretty competent its gonna be hard. When Zazano bluffs it was because he thought it was +ev and he had blockers etc. and he will keep bluffing in good spots. People will think too much into that, and think this guy is a bluffer or try to be magician mind readers.
      But unless you're pretty good at it and have a lot of reads and notes on certain people it's going to be hard, and people that think like that don't have as good results as they should have.

So instead of trying to be a magician and start the leveling yourself, look at the range you have, the blockers you might have etc. and play your range accordingly.

-this is consistent with Kanu and Ike's thought process, and also with Uri Peleg's as I've seen in his coachings.

2) Evolution of check raising strategies
      1) people that never check raise
      - only cr when they are deep, sometimes random bluffs/value
      2) 8-10% cr
      - they do it based on board texture
      3) 16-20%
      less regs use that strategy these days. It used to be much more common, but with ranges being much wider, and people defend much wider in BB dont fold 70% like in the past. And given your range is so much wider means your range will be a lot weaker

3) Importance of blockers postflop
      Zazano gives priority on bluffing and bluff catching with hands that block part of villain's range

example:
      Poker Stars, $5/$10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      MP: $1,000 (100 bb)
      CO: $2,324.50 (232.5 bb)
      BTN: $1,442.02 (144.2 bb)
      Zaza (SB): $1,005 (100.5 bb)
      BB: $1,799.50 (180 bb)

Preflop: Zaza is SB with A:diamond: Q:heart:
      MP raises to $25, 2 folds, Zaza raises to $100, BB folds, MP calls $75

Flop: ($210) 8:diamond: 5:diamond: Q:spade: (2 players)
      Zaza bets $105, MP calls $105

Turn: ($420) K:heart: (2 players)
      Zaza bets $210, MP calls $210

River: ($840) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Zaza checks, MP bets $585 and is all-in, Zaza calls $585

Results: $2,010 pot ($3 rake)
      Final Board: 8:diamond: 5:diamond: Q:spade: K:heart: 2:diamond:
      MP showed 6:heart: 7:heart: and lost (-$1,000 net)
      Zaza showed A:diamond: Q:heart: and won $2,007 ($1,007 net)
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Also a rio video on defending vs small 3bets oop

EDIT: There was concerns about his strategy from elite member, im not gonna take it as gospel and it wont go in my strat thread.

If anyone has a good video on playing vs small 3bets oop across any site please reply here
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      P8 "bad" blockers for 3 barreling range
      concept from James Hudson (Run It Once latest vid) Zazano(Latest vid). Hudson says he will expand on the 89 :club: :club: hand so not pasting to OP yet, might be expanded

When we decide to 3x barrel, we should control our frequency based on blockers, and strenght of our draw.

One thing that's a bit counter intuitive thought - when a good villain is in position we bet and we flop or turn a strong (backdoor) flush draw ourselves we should be less inclined to barrel the river now as we have "bad blockers".
      Good villains put emphasis on floating with draws and good backdoors, when we block a lot of backdoor combos ourselves he will have less hands he will call turn fold river with.

Example1
      E.g. KXXr 3bet pot BB v BU, we have AQs, turn a backdoor flush draw and bet it - this should not be base of our river barreling range because we block a big chunk of villains range that calls turn, folds river.

Example2
      8 :club: 9:club:
      we open MP get called CO
      on 7 :club: 4 :heart: j :club: 3 :diamond:
      we shouldn't barrel a rag river like 2 :diamond: very often because we block
      - flush draws that call 2x fold river
      - 88 99 that call 2x fold river

In this example hands that should be the basis of our river barreling hands are hands that block overpairs and good kickers like AK, KQ etc.
      Also having heart hands like A:heart: K :heart: should be less harmful in this hand because he should have less heart draws to float with than if it were e.g. BU v CO or BvB
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Sorry for delay boys. I have been looking at relationship between playing exploitive and optimal, stalked a lot of high stakes guys, and worked on static preflop ranges in good aggro reg games (used janda as base put all of em in equilab keep tweaking based on database, feel, how top regs I stalk play, pals on skype etc.), don't really plan on sharing those since I spent so much time with em and even tho they are pretty balanced I still hit some boards less than I should as some hands feel more natural than others to me and are more profitable in my database than some of the more "optimal" ones.

Anyway had a few beers didnt wanna watch anything serious so here goes a few points from a rio microstakes vid just so my thread doesn't fall into the ashes of history ;p

P8 F. Boyanovski NL25 zoom vid
      1) when regs call in position and their VPIP to PFR Gap is really small, it means their calling range is very pocket pair heavy, they call for setmine value so we can cbet a lot against them on flops containing broadway cards
      2) preflop sizing in SB
      - minraising sb v bb is only good if you have reads on villain and know he folds too much and doesn't adjust (AKA Nits). As when you minraise a wide range he can call literally any2 profitably. 3Xing the SB is still standard and probably best.
      3) SB call range v UTG often contains a lot of pocket pairs so on e.g. Td 6c 2d flop your plan should be to barrel twice a lot and expect profit.
      Best cbetting hands are hands are hands with backdoor potential like Kd Qc you are better off checking hands that can't barrel many turns on the flop, cbet hands with backdoor but when you do cbet you should do it with the plan of firing at least 2x
      4) in SB v BU with QJo
      - if you are facing a button raise with a hand like that and you think its close between folding and calling, consider 3betting as an option instead use the hand for blocker value
      5) with small pocket pairs oop on paired boards when villain check backs flop
      e.g. 4h 4d on Tc: 2h Td 5h you should always bet the turn to get value out of hands like AQ etc. that always call once (plus you protect your hand as well). Even when he's giving up with hands like KQ we don't get any extra value but don't let him realize his equity with his 6 outs for free.
      My note: one of the things at micros and why it's rly easy to play them - tons of people turn their ranges face up a lot, when they check they have weakbluffcatchers, when they bet they have strong hands, and those that do try "deception" do it in a totally imbalanced obvious way like checking QQ on QXX to check call flop check raise turn etc.

:diamond:
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys, long time since I've updated this thread
      2 reason
      1) I've worked on my ranges shitloads preflop etc, and didn't feel like sharing them - well it'd be pointless. They are kinda similar to Weazel's but are kinda funky here and there with a lot of Janda influence and I use them blindly in zoom games.
      2) I started to play exploitively again after seeing Uri Peleg's videos and his exploitive note taking play at NL100 with great success and seeing my results drop - I take notes try to own people again and guess what again- winrate's higher and it's more fun. So I cut down on videos and I review my hands instead and think at the tables a lot.

Anyways to the point
      - HU CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL REVIEW
      I never play SnGs except hyper turbo sats. But I do start 6max tables and play HU there - I actually spent quite a lot of time watching high stakes HU including about 5hrs analyzing Jungleman's HU match vs Asianflushie so I'm pretty good in deep setting with the tourney players having an advantage in shallow stacks. Nothing a HU SnG Push fold chart didn't fix tho.
      HU SnGs are fun and I love this format, but I would't grind these day to day - I like to get reads on people and own them after they stack me etc. and it would take me ages to get into a cartel at higher stakes where I get to play the same people.

So I'm hoping I can get a cash HU or 6M coaching instead for my prize :)

Hands go mostly chronologically
      We went for 1x 1500 stacks 1x2000 stacks that was the deepest I could negotiate with Variance Killer. He was tough ;p

Tourney1
      -standard flop float here
      OTT I hit 56s, 33m have all sets in my range ofc J3s J4s J2s etc.
      I block A5, my range wise this is pretty much the best hand ever to raise turn shove pretty much any river

PokerStars - $1+$0.10|15/30 NL (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

DoC.LemOn (BB): 1,090
      Psyrgoh (SB): 1,910 (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 46.67, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 19)

Psyrgoh posts SB 15, DoC.LemOn posts BB 30

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) DoC.LemOn has 8:spade: A:spade:

Psyrgoh raises to 60, DoC.LemOn calls 30

Flop: (120, 2 players) 2:heart: J:club: 4:spade:
      DoC.LemOn checks, Psyrgoh bets 56, DoC.LemOn calls 56

Turn: (232, 2 players) 3:spade:
      DoC.LemOn checks, Psyrgoh bets 115, DoC.LemOn raises to 287, fold

DoC.LemOn wins 462

1.2 Well this was really weird
      this hand is a snap 3 barrel for me - I block QT 9T have a gutter+2overs, don't block any flush draws and on the river block 9J.

the lead out was rly weird there and I though it did look like I'd 3 barrel quite a bit there. but T9 87 (56dd56cc ?) J9 got there and him bluffing looked weird - if I had a bluffcatcher I'd call wide but raising is just too expensive here

DoC.LemOn (SB): 1,620
      Psyrgoh (BB): 1,380 (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 8)

DoC.LemOn posts SB 15, Psyrgoh posts BB 30

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) DoC.LemOn has 9:spade: Q:heart:

DoC.LemOn raises to 60, Psyrgoh calls 30

Flop: (120, 2 players) 8:diamond: 2:diamond: T:club:
      Psyrgoh checks, DoC.LemOn bets 78, Psyrgoh calls 78

Turn: (276, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Psyrgoh checks, DoC.LemOn bets 179, Psyrgoh calls 179

River: (634, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Psyrgoh bets 417, fold

Psyrgoh wins 634

pre can be a 3b sometimes but I've been passive so far so prefer a flat there
      flop and turn are super standard
      River I bet close to pot to make my range look more polarized

PokerStars - $1+$0.10|20/40 NL (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players

DoC.LemOn (BB): 1,216
      Psyrgoh (SB): 1,784 (VPIP: 70.00, PFR: 55.00, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 25)

Psyrgoh posts SB 20, DoC.LemOn posts BB 40

Pre Flop: (pot: 60) DoC.LemOn has K:heart: J:diamond:

Psyrgoh raises to 80, DoC.LemOn calls 40

Flop: (160, 2 players) 7:club: 3:club: 7:spade:
      DoC.LemOn checks, Psyrgoh bets 73, DoC.LemOn calls 73

Turn: (306, 2 players) J:spade:
      DoC.LemOn checks, Psyrgoh checks

River: (306, 2 players) 3:heart:
      DoC.LemOn bets 299, Psyrgoh calls 299

DoC.LemOn shows K:heart: J:diamond: (Two Pair, Jacks and Sevens) (Pre 72%, Flop 72%, Turn 100%)
      Psyrgoh mucks 5:club: K:diamond: (Two Pair, Sevens and Threes) (Pre 28%, Flop 28%, Turn 0%)
      DoC.LemOn wins 904

Right again pre is standard
      on the flop I was actually really torn between a check raise and a check call
      when I check raise I can barrel any Q K J A thing is I have to fold to a re-raise as well and I rly rep a narrow value range here. Second thing was that he should barrel pretty much all my outs here and with the KJ high I can safely call almost any turn

The turn is a clear cc really, I can rep A2 A9 but I'd flat those anyway.

The thing about turn+river range is that he shouldn't cbet many Ax, he might cbet high ones for value but I block AJ AK some and also his KT JT hands that will surely bet again - think he'd X behind a weak ten some as I have quite a few aces in my range, 9 prolly too. Same thought process is for river really - I have such a great blocker hand and there is QJ 78 35s 45s 68 etc...shitloads of hands that can bet and barrel again so figured it should be a call here.

I don't mind Variance killer's play vs unknown - but vs me it seems too loose. I've been known for not liking to fold to cbets with A high and he's got so many good barreling hands. Still in a vacuum a lot of people will fold my hand and also a lot of pairs OTR so it's fine early in he match
      [spoiler]

DoC.LemOn (BB): 1,468
      Psyrgoh (SB): 1,532 (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 51.85, 3Bet Preflop: 18.18, Hands: 33)

Pre Flop: (pot: 60) DoC.LemOn has J:diamond: K:club:

Flop: (160, 2 players) 2:diamond: T:club: 9:heart:

Turn: (306, 2 players) A:spade:
      DoC.LemOn checks, Psyrgoh bets 146, DoC.LemOn calls 146

River: (598, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      DoC.LemOn checks, Psyrgoh bets 365, DoC.LemOn calls 365

Psyrgoh shows 7:diamond: 5:club: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 36%, Flop 21%, Turn 14%)
      DoC.LemOn shows J:diamond: K:club: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 64%, Flop 79%, Turn 86%)
      DoC.LemOn wins 1,328
      [spoiler]

not much to say about this one - I'll be expected to raise JT and strong draws on the flop most likely. Range wise this is a call on the turn really by raising I weaken my cc range too much

But because of the A8s hand where I check raised the turn already and got a fold I wanted to show a hand this time and expected to get less credit - the 5x looks almost too obvious and he can put me on KT 89 and hands turned into a bluff etc.

DoC.LemOn (BB): 1,992
      Psyrgoh (SB): 1,008 (VPIP: 64.71, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 21.43, Hands: 41)

Pre Flop: (pot: 60) DoC.LemOn has 6:club: 5:club:

Flop: (160, 2 players) J:heart: 5:diamond: T:diamond:

Turn: (306, 2 players) 5:spade:
      DoC.LemOn checks, Psyrgoh bets 145, DoC.LemOn raises to 389, Psyrgoh calls 244

River: (1,084, 2 players) K:diamond:
      DoC.LemOn bets 666, Psyrgoh calls 466 and is all-in

DoC.LemOn shows 6:club: 5:club: (Three of a Kind, Fives) (Pre 36%, Flop 8%, Turn 95%)
      Psyrgoh shows 6:heart: J:spade: (Two Pair, Jacks and Fives) (Pre 64%, Flop 92%, Turn 5%)
      DoC.LemOn wins 2,016

Tourney 2
      Last one I had like 5% 3bet so I decided to 3b wider in teh 2nd one with deeper stacks
      I don't think I have to bet bigger there to fold out his air - I have way more AX hands than he does and also clubs.

The check down I don't mind I guess? variance killer's got *some *sd value and on a paired board he probably expected me to snap any pair on the T/River which is true - I'd play them the same way

DoC.LemOn (BB): 2,000
      Psyrgoh (SB): 2,000 (VPIP: 69.77, PFR: 48.84, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 51)

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) DoC.LemOn has Q:spade: 3:spade:

Psyrgoh raises to 60, DoC.LemOn raises to 161, Psyrgoh calls 101

Flop: (322, 2 players) 3:club: A:club: 5:club:
      DoC.LemOn bets 129, Psyrgoh calls 129

Turn: (580, 2 players) A:diamond:

River: (580, 2 players) J:heart:

DoC.LemOn shows Q:spade: 3:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Threes) (Pre 32%, Flop 54%, Turn 67%)
      Psyrgoh mucks T:diamond: Q:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 68%, Flop 46%, Turn 33%)
      DoC.LemOn wins 580

Same spot pretty much here. Normally I'd cbet bigger but he literally just saw me cb 33% with that hand. I'd also re-raise against 90% people as raising into me is kinda suicidal and this board hits the shit out of a 3bet calling range but I decided to represent a weak hand like JT Kx QQ etc. and play the hand consistently with that Q3s.

Turn is a very easy decision - he will bet straight on the river for sure and I pick up his bluffs, nothing I would do differently I keep repping 2pair hands etc.
      I made sure I gave away a long timing there as I would with stuff like AT that's deciding what to do and reluctantly calls - and VK even told me he was sure I had some sort of a 2pair hand there :)

DoC.LemOn (BB): 2,320
      Psyrgoh (SB): 1,680 (VPIP: 68.89, PFR: 48.89, 3Bet Preflop: 15.79, Hands: 53)

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) DoC.LemOn has Q:club: A:club:

Flop: (322, 2 players) J:heart: K:club: T:club:
      DoC.LemOn bets 121, Psyrgoh raises to 285, DoC.LemOn calls 164

Turn: (892, 2 players) A:spade:
      DoC.LemOn checks, Psyrgoh bets 385, DoC.LemOn calls 385

River: (1,662, 2 players) 8:club:
      DoC.LemOn checks, Psyrgoh bets 849 and is all-in, DoC.LemOn calls 849

Psyrgoh shows 9:diamond: 7:club: (Straight, Jack High) (Pre 34%, Flop 0%, Turn 3%)
      DoC.LemOn shows Q:club: A:club: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 66%, Flop 100%, Turn 97%)
      DoC.LemOn wins 3,360

Tourney 3
      Pretty standard 3 barrel here - vs someone that 3bets 10%+ my range is so much stronger than his and he has loads of pair+draw hands.
      I just close eyes 3 barrel huge these with anything as I've done against frankkiiee with 29o because of such a huge range advantage. the paired board saved me I guess pretty sure VK would call me on rag river as this is pretty much the top of his range besides 2pair and KJ

Psyrgoh (BB): 1,620 (VPIP: 69.23, PFR: 52.31, 3Bet Preflop: 15.38, Hands: 77)
      DoC.LemOn (SB): 1,380

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) DoC.LemOn has 3:heart: J:spade:

Flop: (120, 2 players) T:spade: Q:club: K:diamond:
      Psyrgoh checks, DoC.LemOn bets 78, Psyrgoh calls 78

Turn: (276, 2 players) 6:club:
      Psyrgoh checks, DoC.LemOn bets 179, Psyrgoh calls 179

River: (634, 2 players) K:heart:
      Psyrgoh checks, DoC.LemOn checks

Psyrgoh shows 9:club: K:spade: (Three of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 65%, Flop 73%, Turn 84%)
      DoC.LemOn mucks 3:heart: J:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 35%, Flop 27%, Turn 16%)
      Psyrgoh wins 634

very standard mindfuck - as Galfond says when you play poker, you are telling a story. And the story I was trying to shove VK's throat was that of the most air heavy range. Again make myself look way more polarized than I really am - pretty sure in a longer match this is just terrible, but in a short one I just put into my head that I have air and see how to best represent my air :]
      [SPOILER]

Psyrgoh (SB): 1,937 (VPIP: 69.70, PFR: 51.52, 3Bet Preflop: 14.81, Hands: 78)
      DoC.LemOn (BB): 1,063

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) DoC.LemOn has J:diamond: Q:club:

Psyrgoh raises to 60, DoC.LemOn calls 30

Flop: (120, 2 players) 5:heart: Q:diamond: T:spade:
      DoC.LemOn checks, Psyrgoh bets 56, DoC.LemOn raises to 169, Psyrgoh calls 113

Turn: (458, 2 players) 6:spade:

River: (458, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      DoC.LemOn bets 834 and is all-in, Psyrgoh calls 834

DoC.LemOn shows J:diamond: Q:club: (Two Pair, Queens and Sixes) (Pre 73%, Flop 86%, Turn 93%)
      Psyrgoh shows Q:spade: 8:diamond: (Two Pair, Queens and Sixes) (Pre 27%, Flop 14%, Turn 7%)
      DoC.LemOn wins 2,126
      [/spoiler]

boring AI hand

Psyrgoh (BB): 897 (VPIP: 64.13, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 13.51, Hands: 109)
      DoC.LemOn (SB): 2,103

DoC.LemOn posts SB 20, Psyrgoh posts BB 40

Pre Flop: (pot: 60) DoC.LemOn has 9:diamond: 9:spade:

DoC.LemOn raises to 80, Psyrgoh raises to 897 and is all-in, DoC.LemOn calls 817

Flop: (1,794, 2 players) T:heart: 8:spade: 2:spade:

Turn: (1,794, 2 players) K:heart:

River: (1,794, 2 players) 4:spade:

Psyrgoh shows 5:club: K:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 33%, Flop 12%, Turn 95%)
      DoC.LemOn shows 9:diamond: 9:spade: (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 67%, Flop 88%, Turn 5%)
      Psyrgoh wins 1,794

setup - one thing I was considering is flatting, but I've showed down the nuts a couple times like that AQ hand where I flatted so with stack depth this was a clear shove

Psyrgoh (BB): 2,134 (VPIP: 65.31, PFR: 51.02, 3Bet Preflop: 15.38, Hands: 117)
      DoC.LemOn (SB): 866

DoC.LemOn posts SB 20, Psyrgoh posts BB 40

Pre Flop: (pot: 60) DoC.LemOn has 7:heart: 9:diamond:

DoC.LemOn raises to 80, Psyrgoh calls 40

Flop: (160, 2 players) 6:club: 8:spade: 5:spade:
      Psyrgoh checks, DoC.LemOn bets 80, Psyrgoh raises to 245, DoC.LemOn raises to 786 and is all-in, Psyrgoh calls 541

Turn: (1,732, 2 players) Q:club:

River: (1,732, 2 players) K:diamond:

Psyrgoh shows 5:diamond: 7:club: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 30%, Flop 9%, Turn 3%)
      DoC.LemOn shows 7:heart: 9:diamond: (Straight, Nine High) (Pre 70%, Flop 91%, Turn 97%)
      DoC.LemOn wins 1,732

standard AI

Psyrgoh (SB): 999 (VPIP: 65.69, PFR: 50.98, 3Bet Preflop: 14.63, Hands: 122)
      DoC.LemOn (BB): 2,001

Pre Flop: (pot: 60) DoC.LemOn has Q:spade: K:diamond:

Psyrgoh raises to 80, DoC.LemOn raises to 190, Psyrgoh raises to 999 and is all-in, DoC.LemOn calls 809

Flop: (1,998, 2 players) T:club: Q:club: 5:spade:

Turn: (1,998, 2 players) 9:club:

River: (1,998, 2 players) 7:diamond:

DoC.LemOn shows Q:spade: K:diamond: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 42%, Flop 84%, Turn 75%)
      Psyrgoh shows A:spade: 8:club: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 58%, Flop 16%, Turn 25%)
      DoC.LemOn wins 1,998

Tourney 4
      4.1 open with a 3bet
      this time VK decides to punish me and doesn't let me see the howdown.
      that card sucks balls because I pretty much have to 3x barrel when I bet as he has shitloads of backdoor clubs, QJ 78 etc etc. and I don't have the balls to do that. Plus VK was pretty good at picking up my bluffs.

DoC.LemOn (BB): 2,060
      Psyrgoh (SB): 1,940 (VPIP: 66.35, PFR: 50.96, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 124)

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) DoC.LemOn has 2:heart: 3:heart:

Flop: (322, 2 players) 5:club: T:club: 3:diamond:
      DoC.LemOn bets 121, Psyrgoh calls 121

Turn: (564, 2 players) 9:club:
      DoC.LemOn checks, Psyrgoh bets 225, fold

Psyrgoh wins 564

4.2 I try to rep A high thin value with my sizing
      VK owned the hell out of me :]

DoC.LemOn (SB): 1,823
      Psyrgoh (BB): 2,177 (VPIP: 64.55, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 13.64, Hands: 131)

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) DoC.LemOn has 8:diamond: 3:spade:

Flop: (120, 2 players) Q:club: 5:diamond: 5:heart:
      Psyrgoh checks, DoC.LemOn checks

Turn: (120, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      Psyrgoh checks, DoC.LemOn bets 60, Psyrgoh calls 60

River: (240, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      Psyrgoh checks, DoC.LemOn bets 80, Psyrgoh calls 80

DoC.LemOn shows 8:diamond: 3:spade: (Two Pair, Queens and Fives) (Pre 32%, Flop 22%, Turn 16%)
      Psyrgoh shows T:club: K:diamond: (Two Pair, Queens and Fives) (Pre 68%, Flop 78%, Turn 84%)
      Psyrgoh wins 400

4.3 standard cooler

DoC.LemOn (BB): 1,668
      Psyrgoh (SB): 2,332 (VPIP: 63.72, PFR: 48.67, 3Bet Preflop: 13.04, Hands: 134)

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) DoC.LemOn has A:spade: Q:spade:

Flop: (322, 2 players) 8:club: J:spade: 7:spade:
      DoC.LemOn bets 129, Psyrgoh calls 129

Turn: (580, 2 players) T:spade:
      DoC.LemOn bets 379, Psyrgoh calls 379

River: (1,338, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      DoC.LemOn bets 999 and is all-in, Psyrgoh calls 999

DoC.LemOn shows A:spade: Q:spade: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 65%, Flop 37%, Turn 100%)
      Psyrgoh shows T:heart: 9:diamond: (Straight, Jack High) (Pre 35%, Flop 63%, Turn 0%)
      DoC.LemOn wins 3,336

at this point I called "GG" all excited. My boner was quickly put down by VK's wtf you talking about - I didn't realize our stacks weren't even.
      I knew right there that I'm in deep shit and Karma will get me

one down

DoC.LemOn (BB): 3,246
      Psyrgoh (SB): 754 (VPIP: 64.75, PFR: 50.82, 3Bet Preflop: 16.33, Hands: 146)

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) DoC.LemOn has A:spade: 3:club:

Psyrgoh raises to 60, DoC.LemOn raises to 3,246 and is all-in, Psyrgoh calls 694 and is all-in

Flop: (1,508, 2 players) 9:club: T:diamond: 5:spade:

Turn: (1,508, 2 players) 5:heart:

River: (1,508, 2 players) 5:club:

DoC.LemOn shows A:spade: 3:club: (Three of a Kind, Fives) (Pre 56%, Flop 13%, Turn 7%)
      Psyrgoh shows K:spade: 9:spade: (Full House, Fives full of Nines) (Pre 44%, Flop 87%, Turn 93%)
      Psyrgoh wins 1,508

4.5 2 down

DoC.LemOn (BB): 2,507
      Psyrgoh (SB): 1,493 (VPIP: 63.64, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 15.38, Hands: 160)

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) DoC.LemOn has 8:spade: 8:diamond:

Psyrgoh raises to 60, DoC.LemOn raises to 171, Psyrgoh raises to 416, DoC.LemOn raises to 2,507 and is all-in, Psyrgoh calls 1,077 and is all-in

Flop: (2,986, 2 players) 2:club: 6:diamond: 9:club:

Turn: (2,986, 2 players) 4:diamond:

River: (2,986, 2 players) 3:club:

DoC.LemOn shows 8:spade: 8:diamond: (One Pair, Eights) (Pre 81%, Flop 90%, Turn 86%)
      Psyrgoh shows 5:diamond: 5:heart: (Straight, Six High) (Pre 19%, Flop 10%, Turn 14%)
      Psyrgoh wins 2,986

4.6 AAAAND 3 down - well deserved, Karma for early GG

I bet large in similar spot with value hands before so I decided to go for a small sizing to induce a raise. Little did I know :D

DoC.LemOn (BB): 1,420
      Psyrgoh (SB): 2,580 (VPIP: 62.59, PFR: 49.66, 3Bet Preflop: 15.25, Hands: 176)

Pre Flop: (pot: 60) DoC.LemOn has 8:diamond: J:diamond:

Flop: (160, 2 players) 5:heart: 4:heart: J:heart:

Turn: (160, 2 players) 5:spade:
      DoC.LemOn bets 104, Psyrgoh calls 104

River: (368, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      DoC.LemOn bets 179, Psyrgoh raises to 2,396 and is all-in, DoC.LemOn calls 1,057 and is all-in

Psyrgoh shows 5:club: 8:club: (Four of a Kind, Fives) (Pre 31%, Flop 11%, Turn 95%)
      DoC.LemOn shows 8:diamond: J:diamond: (Full House, Fives full of Jacks) (Pre 69%, Flop 89%, Turn 5%)
      Psyrgoh wins 2,840

Tourney 5
      Cooler (ish) - I've been 3betting tight all match/running hot on big pairs but it's not too bad rly.

Psyrgoh (SB): 1,425 (VPIP: 62.50, PFR: 49.34, 3Bet Preflop: 14.75, Hands: 181)
      DoC.LemOn (BB): 1,575

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) DoC.LemOn has 9:spade: 9:heart:

Psyrgoh raises to 60, DoC.LemOn raises to 161, Psyrgoh raises to 397, DoC.LemOn raises to 1,575 and is all-in, Psyrgoh calls 1,028 and is all-in

Flop: (2,850, 2 players) K:heart: J:heart: 4:club:

Turn: (2,850, 2 players) 5:heart:

River: (2,850, 2 players) J:diamond:

DoC.LemOn shows 9:spade: 9:heart: (Two Pair, Jacks and Nines) (Pre 81%, Flop 92%, Turn 98%)
      Psyrgoh shows 6:diamond: 6:club: (Two Pair, Jacks and Sixes) (Pre 19%, Flop 8%, Turn 2%)
      DoC.LemOn wins 2,850

endword
      GG Variance Killer, thanks a lot to Pokerstrategy for doing this -it was lots of fun and I got to know people in the community like Frankie Boomer and others, everyone is really nice. And thanks to Boomer who had so much work with this event and allowed me to reschedule semi final where I burned out and was close to collapsing mentally on the day when I was supposed to play. Cheers and I hope we'll see more stuff like this :)
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Gold
      Congrats! Well played! :f_thumbsup:
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lurjus
      Congrats! Well played! :f_thumbsup:
      +1 !
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Uri Peleg Video Review
      Sup dudes. I'm hangover, play preety bad so decided to do something productive and watch Uri's coaching. Watch out for podcasts, it was really good and I assume it'll be released.

e.g. QT KTX
      KK AXX oop etc.

2) Small samples

3)cold 4betting

5) calling BBvCO 2.5X open

0=-A+P*R*EQ where
      A=amount to call
      P=final pot
      R=%equity we realize
      EQ=minumum equity needed

it'd be like this
      So any hand with >39% equity we should defend. make it a bit higher adjusted for rake. You can use the equilab range calculator to decide these.

behold

Behold