• superjunk
      superjunk
      Bronze
      What exactly do you mean with profit ?
    • Nabukadnezar
      Nabukadnezar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by davidangel
      I was wondering, as I have noticed 18, 27, 45 and 90 player SnG with low buy-ins. Are the profits the same, only with higher variance?
      I asked myself the same thing some time ago and the answer is no, even if they have the same blind structure. For an awesome SNG player the single table format will be more profitable because in all these multi-table Sit & Go tournaments the blinds progress faster than the stack sizes and it becomes a crap shoot near the end. Don't get me wrong, the same progression exists in a single table tournament but since there are less competitors it is shorter, therefore less of a factor.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      I agree with Nabukadnezar, the single tabe sngs are more profitable
      If you do play mtt sngs, play the double stack sngs
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      they are a great way to learn how to play MTT but play the normal blind games & not to turbo ,you can get good ROI on these like 40%-90% ,

know most players like playing the turbo sng because they can play ICM but it dont work that well on a final table of a big MTT where you will have a lot of information on the players & how to play them
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I play the 18 mans and find them very profitable, I've a 68% roi in them over ~90 games, compared to my -4% roi in 9 mans over ~220 games, which I both have 34% ITM for.

Maybe I'm just bad at the 9 man sng's, but the 18 man ones have been whats keeping my BR alive. Theres lots of fish I think because of the bigger prizepool, and usually (unless the whole table is tight, which isn't often) the sng will last just over an hour.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      1.10$ 18 man on stars is the most easy sng you'll find :)
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      90games are too low... i have experience that 90games can be -+100% roi....
      when i was starting playing 11$ my first 90games i had ROI of 70% coz of very nice upswing........ another 2 weeks a i started playing at new mansion coz they went to ipoker... my roi of 90games was -68% .......... so good sample size is 1000sng if u are multytabler ... if u are not i think enought is 500...

MTT sng can be profitable of course ... but in poker can be profitable to play any of game .....

my advise is to calculate you hour profit ratio of at least 1 month (more than 500+sng games) and make moves acording to calculation....

more ROI doesnt mean u earning more ... for example if u have 20% roi in 18people sng and one tournament u play for exapl. 60-90minutes... it is same as u have ROI of 10% at 9man 30-45min

and at low stakes 9 people sng is " easy" possible to have ROI of 15-30%

that is my opinion
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      and for those calculation u dont need to play more than 500sng...

just watch good regulars... find them on officialrankings-sharkscope and use their stats to calculate your future hour rate ...there can be some diference depending how good u are
    • cristy007
      cristy007
      Bronze
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      lol
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      More risk = more reward. Simple as that.
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      of course it can be profitable.. Regulars won't play them if it wouldn't be
    • dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Silver

I asked myself the same thing some time ago and the answer is no, even if they have the same blind structure. For an awesome SNG player the single table format will be more profitable because in all these multi-table Sit & Go tournaments the blinds progress faster than the stack sizes and it becomes a crap shoot near the end. Don't get me wrong, the same progression exists in a single table tournament but since there are less competitors it is shorter, therefore less of a factor.
      This is misleading. MTT SnG's are of course, like totally obviously, more profitable than STT's. The more players in a given game, the more profitable it will be. But what is worse is the VARIANCE. Downswings are bigger and longer, but over the course of the year, a 180 man grinder will make 3 or 4 times that of a 9man grinder.