Hows it goin?

• mrd213
      mrd213
      Bronze
      Hey everyone,

I'm Michael and I've been playing online poker for about 3 or 4 years. I mainly play micro stakes STTs and MTTs NLHE on Pokerstars. I have accounts with PKR and Sky Poker but rarely use them. I just signed up to William Hill aswell, but I think Pokerstars is still my favourite. Is there any way to get my Pokerstars hands tracked?

I've had a few successes over the years, but would say in the grand scheme of things, have lost more than I've won. I'm looking to change that, and after looking around the site, I think I can learn alot from the people here and hopefully make some new friends along the way.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone

Michael
  • 48 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hey Michael,

it is going great. What about you? :f_p: Welcome to PokerStrategy.com. we are so glad to have you with us. Unfortunately if you have existing account at PokerStars it is impossible to retrack it :f_cry: . We still have some great offers with some free money included. Take a look and i hope you will find something interesting for you. I understand how difficult is to leave PokerStars if you like it and if you don't belivei that this site is rigged :f_cool: . I do also play there.

Otherwise i am really sure you will find everything you need regarding poker here. Plenty of great videos, coachings and very friendly players always willing to help. So i hope we will see you around the forum.

Best of luck Michael.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Michael

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

So you already know a fair bit about poker if you've been playing for that long? Well I'm sure we still have a lot of material that will teach you a lots more.

It's a shame you are still basic, but we have a lot of poker rooms on which you can play tracked. By getting a higher status more educational material will be accessible for you.

Best regards

RasTweet
    • mrd213
      mrd213
      Bronze
      Thanks for the welcomes

Yea I know a fair bit about poker, but I should really know more than I do, so I should hopefully be able to take alot from the training material. The hand evaluation forums interest me aswell because I find myself questioning my decision making at times, so it'll be good to get other peoples perspectives on particular hands.

I signed up to William Hill to get tracked so I can hopefully get a higher status, it's unfortunate I can't get tracked on Pokerstars because that's where I'll still be playin the majority of my poker, but ah well.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey mrd213

The hand evaluation forums are very interesting indeed. You can ask a bunch of questions about a hand and our coaches will answer all of those questions.

It is a shame that stars is you main room. But who know? Things might change. I'm a cash game player and I never really liked stars tbh. Don't know why though :D I just want to say that there are other good rooms available as well. But if you are tracked to WH you'll upgrade to bronze and stay bronze wherever you play.

If you ever want a higher status, but don't want to change rooms to be tracked then we have the points store for you where you can buy a higher status.

Regards

RasTweet
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Welcome to the community Michael! :)
    • mrd213
      mrd213
      Bronze
      Thanks, I see you're a good Irishman like myself!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      I am indeed! Stop looking in me winda!

Whereabouts are you from good sir?
    • mrd213
      mrd213
      Bronze
      I'm a Nordie myself, from Belfast.
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      I want a cat
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Skypoker is the fishiest site there is. I was a loosing player prior to playing there, and God did I crush them.. good times :)

Anyway, welcome to the community and gl on the tables. May the river be with you ( esp in pokerstars :) )
    • mrd213
      mrd213
      Bronze
      hvard92, I hate cats, terrified of them, so unfortunately I can't help you out, but good luck in your quest, I hope you get what you're looking for

PokerPPP, thanks for the welcome, you're right about Skypoker, I had some good results there in my first year or so online. I stopped playin there because of a dispute over a sports bet where they wouldn't let me withdraw my winnings. I eventually was able to withdraw, but was pretty unhappy with the service, so I moved to PKR. I've thought about goin back a few times because of the fish, but never have, I probably should tho. Do you know if there is any tracking software that works on Skypoker and PKR and William Hill? I have Pokertracker but it's not compatible with any of them.
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      :D
    • Yonose
      Yonose
      Bronze
      Welcome
    • mrd213
      mrd213
      Bronze
      Thanks Yonose
    • Flooooky
      Flooooky
      Bronze
      Hi and welcome to pokerstrategy!
    • mrd213
      mrd213
      Bronze
      Thanks Flooooky

What do you think of zoom? I've played a little, but I'm not convinced it's for me.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hey mrd213,

i think that the biggest difference in ZOOM is that fishes play really tight and there are many more 3bets than on regular tables. I played ZOOM but to be honest i was break even after 40k hands and i haven't enjoy the game so much so i moved back to regular 6max tables. On regular tables game is so much softer.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrd213
      Thanks Flooooky

What do you think of zoom? I've played a little, but I'm not convinced it's for me.
      Hey mrd213!

I wasn't a fan of fast fold poker at first either. At first I couldn't see the differences between them and normal tables but I think I'm slowly finding out. If you don't like zoom don't play it in my opinion. You'll only waste money.

Regards

RasTweet
    • pelbonek
      pelbonek
      Platinum
      Welcome and good luck!