Grinding all the way

• RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      Hi, my name is Denis, I'd like to participate too.

I currently play zoom nl100 MSS. I play poker for about 3 years by now. Have some experience with BSS, but settled at MSS last year. My goal is to make at least 100$/hour some day. In close future I want to move back to NL200 and then to nl500 sometime.

- What do you sturggle with?
      Well, there's a lot of stuff I struggle with. Starting from psychologic issues and finishing with really a lot of questions about the game.

- What do you want to get out of the bootcamp?

I'm looking for any ways to increase my poker skills and that is basically what I'm looking for here.
  • 7 replies
    • rootakashi
      rootakashi
      Silver
      Hi, Den! Your blog promises to be interesting for me, because I'm also zoom player. I'll follow you. GL!
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Hey Denis!

Welcome to the Bootcamp!

I'll be on the coaching staff working on mindset, tilt, and a-game related issues. But also to set solid good goals for 2014.

What kind of psychological issues are you struggling with when it comes to your game? What do you feel you would benefit most from improving?

Cheers!
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      Hi Erik,

actually I have a lot of problems and probably there's a lot to discuss and I cannot put all that stuff in a single post.

The biggest problem that I outline now is that during the session I waste too much of mind resources. It happens mostly in marginal situations where I think a lot about the best decision. I check a lot of stats in popups and because of that it takes a lot of time.

The result is that I can play only two tables of zoom poker and feel myself pretty tired in the end of 1 hour session, while there are a lot of people who easily play multihour sessions on 4+ tables. I was one of them someday. I didn't think a lot on the best decisions that time and I just played. I probably sacrificed some +EV situations and made some mistakes but still I had a decent winrate.

The same thing right now. I've shown about 8bb/100 winrate at zoom nl100 for 100k+ hands. And here is the graph http://shot.qip.ru/00btnI-36Ox4Cl1S/

The thing is that if I would play more simple poker with some predefined strategy I probably could play 4 tables with 5-6bb/100 winrate. So my $/hour would increase.

This is how it goes and this is just one of the struggles that I currently have.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      my own approach to this would be to go for 4 tables, and work on all those spots outside the game. I think this should be the best way to increase your overall hourly. I don't believe your winrate will drop by more than half if you play twice as many tables.
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      I don't believe your winrate will drop by more than half if you play twice as many tables.

I totally agree with you, but maybe in order to improve the game and move through limits it would be more beneficial to play two tables instead of four.

my own approach to this would be to go for 4 tables, and work on all those spots outside the game.

The problem with this is that there's really a lot of spots I need to work on and very many questions about the proper strategy in many spots. I'm trying to allocate some time for improving the game every day, but often the result is that I have even more questions than answers.
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      [QUOTE]The problem with this is that there's really a lot of spots I need to work on and very many questions about the proper strategy in many spots. I'm trying to allocate some time for improving the game every day, but often the result is that I have even more questions than answers.[/quote]So if we just take one step further back and look at why you spend so much time checking every stat even in spots where you don't really need to. How come you take so much time looking at every detail?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hi RandomGenerator,

I'll be helping you out in this Boot Camp with topics like procrastination, motivation, laziness, productivity, focus while playing, putting in more volume/studying, creating habits that stick, etc.

Could you please tell me:

1) What is your #1 issue in those areas
      2) What did you try so far to resolve it?
      3) What worked and what didn't?

Thank you,

-Primoz