6max rookie

• wolfi1337
      wolfi1337
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I decided to start a thread here aswell, hopefully I will get some feedback.

Currently playing NL10 with a burning desire to try NL25.

History is shitty, lack of motivation turned me into a recreational player for ¬3 years or so, until this summer when I decided to really study and evolve as a poker player. Someone posted a staking offer, I contacted him and he agreed to coach me for 25% profit, no staking. Someone else added me on skype and without any other blabing we started. Had around 10 sessions where he really opened my eyes and got me to the point where I can continue on my own. I know, sound shitty to get coaching for NL10, but he boosted my confidence and helped me alot. Didn`t move up because I had a job (6 days a week, 10h+ a day) untill last week.

As everyone, looking for a decent living through poker

I don`t know if it`s a struggle, but I need to stop being results oriented and always try to make the best play, disregarding the outcome.

Looking forward to taking my game to the next level throughout this bootcamp, so I`ll start with some unanswered questions from my blog:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $9.07
      CO:
      $16.59
      BU:
      $8.91
      SB (Hero):
      $15.90
      BB:
      $8.72

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, J.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.6) A, K, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.42, BB calls $0.42.

Turn: ($1.44) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, BB calls $0.70.

River: ($2.84) 5 (2 players)

should we bet? should we x/c or x/f? how much should we call?

bet vs missed cbet 74, wtsd 30. I know, bigger bet on the turn...
      vpip 60, so he could have almost anything. Guess he`s betting busted draws the same as value hands

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $20.00
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU (Hero):
      $26.06
      SB:
      $12.15
      BB:
      $4.00
      MP2:
      $10.42

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8, 8.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, CO folds, Hero calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.3) 7, T, 5 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 bets $0.62, Hero ? ;;

what do we do against a fishy villain who barrels. ALOT. call or raise? what if the flop was 7, T, 6?

and finally, exploit me please!

only 19k hands sample, dunno why holdem manager won`t show all, filters were cleared
  • 11 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey

With KJ on AKx I think at micro stakes check calling flop may be best as he wont float hands like 87s on this flop because of lack of future equity but he may stab once if he check ourselves, its also a little bit ambitious to go for multiple streets of value too.

Your blinds win rates look really impressive, but you need to try and get to 100k hands before any kind of stats can be analysed.

Welcome
    • wolfi1337
      wolfi1337
      Bronze
      Hey. Nice to see some feedback. Apparently HM2 does not clear the date range when you clear all filters, hands were for the last month, sorry about that. Still a few hands missing, hope it`s more appropriate now.

anyway, my SB play has improved a lot since I started, that`s why the winrate looks so great in the last month or so.
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Hey wolfi1337!

Welcome to the Bootcamp! :)

I'll be on the coaching staff working on mindset, tilt, and a-game related issues. But also to set solid good goals for 2014.

What do you feel you need to change or improve to become less results-oriented and to make better decisions when you play?

Cheers!
    • wolfi1337
      wolfi1337
      Bronze
      I see Erik is offering some advice in certain threads, hopefully he`ll stop here aswell. I don`t really know how to approach my situation.

From january I will be living on my own, no help from my parents as I was used to until now. I have some money saved up to keep me going for 2-3 months, and my plan afterwards is to live off of poker. The living expenses are not that high in Romania, so I guess I can make a decent living playing solid NL25. I really have no other plan, didn`t think of anything else because that would mean I would fail with this and right now. My plan is to settle to NL25 this month and so far I didn`t see any big difference from NL10. Also, NL25 is not the limit if I can say so, I want to move up in limits.

I usually think high of myself and consider myself as a person that can do anything with the right amount of determination. Any tips? I have no schedule for playing, I usually go to sleep at 5-6 AM and basically waste a day and sometimes play poker.

EDIT: was posting while you were posting :D
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      :D

I was wondering why the reply didn't make sense :)

It's really hard to solve everything about your poker situation, going to bed late, no structure, and wasting time. I'll make sure Schnitzelfish checks in to help you with the organization part.

Determination is good but sometimes its not enough if we use bad goals, motivation changes too often, and we lose focus. What do you feel is holding you back the most?
    • wolfi1337
      wolfi1337
      Bronze
      Overthinking simple things is my biggest problem atm. Poker related, paranoia that everyone is bluffing me. Also, I read something someone posted saying that they always put the opponent on top range; my problem aswell. When there`s an A on the flop, hey, he`s got it for sure.

one hand for opinions

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $13.07
      BU:
      $10.16
      SB (Hero):
      $10.84
      BB:
      $17.93
      MP3:
      $13.74

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.1) 5, J, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, MP3 calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.7) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($2.7) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.57, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.7.

VS unknown. turn play? a bit bigger on the flop?

edit: definitely bet/fold on the turn :/
    • wolfi1337
      wolfi1337
      Bronze
      what do you think about these iso-raising ranges

CO+BU

SB
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Ok so if over thinking and believing everyone is bluffing are the main issues let's have a look at them a bit more closely.

So what do you think is the problem here? Why do you think you react like this when you play?
    • wolfi1337
      wolfi1337
      Bronze
      I`d guess it all comes down to not being able to clear my mind before sitting at the tables and getting frustrated for no real reason. Any advice for a more positive aproach, like something that might help before starting a session?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hi wolfi1337,

I'll be helping you out in this Boot Camp with topics like procrastination, motivation, laziness, productivity, focus while playing, putting in more volume/studying, creating habits that stick, etc.

Could you please tell me:

1) What is your #1 issue in those areas
      2) What did you try so far to resolve it?
      3) What worked and what didn't?

Thank you,

-Primoz
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Originally posted by wolfi1337
      I`d guess it all comes down to not being able to clear my mind before sitting at the tables and getting frustrated for no real reason. Any advice for a more positive aproach, like something that might help before starting a session?
      First I would suggest starting regular mindfulness and meditation practice both before session and maybe in daily life too. If you don't have a warm-up routine there is a ton of things you can try in that area. If you just follow the link to my videos in my signature below you can watch my Warm-up video and maybe get some inspiration from there.

If you have any questions just pm me or drop a line here :)