6 to the MAX

• Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      It's cool how I can simply start my own thread, tell you a little bit about myself

What do you play?
      atm I am playing 6max 20nl speed on ipoker/25nl zoom at stars

Poker history?
      I have been playing poker for several years, but never gotten really above 50nl. Before I took a year-ish break I was a winning player @ 50nl rush poker for the period of about a year (didn't move up to 100nl due to failed shots and cashing out for vacation)

Now I got back to playing and I am investing a lot of time to improve my game and I want to start a solid grind for 2014!

November graph:

Goals and aspirations for poker?
      I am spending a lot of time in Mexico while waiting for my girlfriend to finish her school there. Not being able to make decent money working here the goal is to start the serious poker grind. I want to move up to 50/100nl and be a solid winner at these stakes in the upcomming year.

If i look further than just next year I want to keep moving up limits and eventually use some of the winnings to pay back my school.

What do you sturggle with?
      At the moment I am not happy with my game. I've tried too hard to improve my game the last 2 months and this didn't work like i thought it would.

My mindset to play and learn at the moment isn't the best, I tilt too much when I'm playing and while this is going better also affects my motivation to study and analyze my game.

What do you want to get out of the bootcamp?
      I want to feel comfortable again with my game and not trying to change it all the time.
      I want to get the right mindset to be able to grind for 3 hours every day and have minimal tilt & maximal happyness
      I would like to meet other people that are really interested in the game and motivated to improve.
  • 7 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey man,

So whats the situation with cashing out now? Sorry if thats too personal just intrigued about how you will develop and move through the stakes knowing that you need to cash out as breakeven strethces are very common and could have a really negative impact on your play?

Favourite hand?
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      That question is fine mate, at the moment I am not looking to cash out for at least another year and really try to move up the stakes where are the $$$$ :s_biggrin:

My favourite hand is AA, where I love to get it in vs KK preflop.. (kinda gives me a smile on the face when I think back about the times this happened to me)

Also JTs I really like to play because it's a good hand to semibluff in a lot of spots with.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      haha yeah, dont forget t8s though

:f_love:
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Hey Shuttled!

Welcome to the Bootcamp!

I'll be on the coaching staff working on mindset, tilt, and a-game related issues. But also to set solid good goals for 2014.

Can you talk about you tilt issues a bit more in detail?

Cheers!
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      Hey ErikStenqvist,

First of all thank you for your reply and welcome to my bootcamp thread!

I think I tilt mostly when I make wrong big decisions, for example that I call down too light on the river or I get myself stuck in a bad situation and play the hand poorly. More seldom I start to tilt when I have a long break even session (funny enough this tilts me more than having a losing one)

Also I keep playing when I know I should stop, I even tell myself that I should stop but then I follow it up with ahhh I can also just keep playing.

Also I have a lot of problems with concentrating on one thing, this applies more to studying or reviewing sessions. Because when I am playing I shut down everything except for HM2, the poker website and my music. But when I watch a video for example I keep checking forums and not really focus on what I should at that moment.

I think it would improve my game a lot if I can play less or play a better C-game. For this I am also going to start working on The Mental Game of Poker next week. The Mental Game of Poker study buddy

I also hope this will help me to set goals for next year. I am still wondering if I should set a goal like making supernova on PS, because most of the time goals that include playing volume just make me play bad near the end of the goal because I want to put in the volume, but do it without playing my best.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hi Shuttled,

I'll be helping you out in this Boot Camp with topics like procrastination, motivation, laziness, productivity, focus while playing, putting in more volume/studying, creating habits that stick, etc.

Could you please tell me:

1) What is your #1 issue in those areas
      2) What did you try so far to resolve it?
      3) What worked and what didn't?

Thank you,

-Primoz
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Originally posted by Shuttled
      Hey ErikStenqvist,

First of all thank you for your reply and welcome to my bootcamp thread!

I think I tilt mostly when I make wrong big decisions, for example that I call down too light on the river or I get myself stuck in a bad situation and play the hand poorly. More seldom I start to tilt when I have a long break even session (funny enough this tilts me more than having a losing one)

Also I keep playing when I know I should stop, I even tell myself that I should stop but then I follow it up with ahhh I can also just keep playing.

Also I have a lot of problems with concentrating on one thing, this applies more to studying or reviewing sessions. Because when I am playing I shut down everything except for HM2, the poker website and my music. But when I watch a video for example I keep checking forums and not really focus on what I should at that moment.

I think it would improve my game a lot if I can play less or play a better C-game. For this I am also going to start working on The Mental Game of Poker next week. The Mental Game of Poker study buddy

I also hope this will help me to set goals for next year. I am still wondering if I should set a goal like making supernova on PS, because most of the time goals that include playing volume just make me play bad near the end of the goal because I want to put in the volume, but do it without playing my best.
      Hey,

Yeah seems like you have a lot of stuff where you can improve. I really like the MGOP study buddy, it should be a good experience.

Taking one thing at a time and really focus in on that specific issue is the key here imo. Which one do you feel you would like to improve or fix the most?