Wassup from down under!

• zsenie
      zsenie
      Basic
      Hey guys!

My names Eric (Australia), ive been familiar with poker and have had a few unsuccessful attempts on getting really into poker in the past due to being at school and such, but since graduating and getting into my uni degree I have had a lot more free time, given the flexible uni schedule. I have started playing serious again for about 2 months now and I am loving it and am very determined to better my skills.

In the two months of playing I have read a few books such as Harrington on hold em's and more recently just finished reading Dusty Schmidt's book Treat your poker like a business. His book has inspired me even further and I found this site through him, opening a lot of doors to honing my skills in the process.

I am here on this forum to learn and to hopefully meet people to discuss poker with, mainly people from Australia but am open to discussing poker with just about anyone :)

I have been playing on Fulltilt since i started and am liking it there, however from reading Dusty's book id like to learn more about rakeback among other things that another online poker site might benefit me with.

Thats about it for now, but if you have any directions you'd like to point me to start of with it'd be much appreciated :)

Thanks guys, look forward to speaking with you.

Eric
  • 7 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Eric,

Or can I call you Ecca in true Aussie style. :)

Welcome to PokerStrategy. So nice to see a fellow Aussie here. There really isn't enough of us here.

So, where you from mate. I'm in Hobart (originally Sydney).

Have you checked out our free poker money. This is a great way to get automatic lifetime bronze status. This opens up more learning content.

As for finding out more about rakeback, the best thing to do would be to post a question on the Beginner's Question.

You could also check out our Choosing the right Poker Room for you

Look forward to seeing ya around

Cheers

Laz
    • zsenie
      zsenie
      Basic
      Hey Laz,

Appreciate the quick reply and info! Im from Sydney myself, why would you leave! haha

As for the free money I am not too phased, am happy to stick with Full Tilt tbh!

Checking out the beginners section now, very useful

Thanks!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Eric,

No worries, mate.

I left Sydney over 20 years ago because I was a little burnt out and craved a slower lifestyle while I recharged. I thought how about Hobart for a couple of years and I'm still here. :)

Who do you follow in the footy (e.g, AFL, NRL, Super Rugby, A - League).

Looking forward to seeing you around

Regards

Laz
    • zsenie
      zsenie
      Basic
      Hey Laz,

Sounds fair enough to me mate, come back one day though! :)

As for sports i mainly follow the NRL is all. Newcastle Knights is my team :heart:

How about yourself mate?

Peace,

Eric
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Eric.

Was always Balmain until the merger so I crossed over to the Wests Tigers. You're in luck though. We have a Knights supporter in the forums.

Where are you dannywratten?

GL

Laz
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com Eric.

I hope you'll have a great time here with us and hopefully see you more often on the forums.

Regards

RasTweet
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      G'day Eric and a big welcome to the community!