License Purchase durability

• 7 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey canniballsy,

Your license will literally last for how long that version works. When PT5 or HM3 are released you will be given an option to upgrade to the new version at a discounted cost.

Alternatively you can continue to use the old version for as long as the manufacturer continues to support and release upgrades.

Hope this helps

Laz
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi canniballsy,

No you don't need to do that, the licence is a lifetime one, including any updates and covers two machines.

This link gives you all the information about HM2:

http://www.holdemmanager.com/buy/211/holdem-manager-2

and this one gives you information you need about PT4:

https://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT4/

I hope that helped.

Have fun,

Mal.
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Thank you!!
      I have one more question. Any chance PT5 is on the brink of release? I would feel terrible after buying PT4 if they relase PT5 soon.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey canniballsy,

I sincerely hope not. I bought my PT4 Holdem and Omaha Small Stakes only last Friday. :D

Cheers

Laz
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by canniballsy
      Thank you!!
      I have one more question. Any chance PT5 is on the brink of release? I would feel terrible after buying PT4 if they relase PT5 soon.
      We haven't made any announcements regarding PokerTracker 5 yet, generally speaking there is around a 4 year window between new major versions, and PT4 will be 2 years old as of July 2014 - so you are likely fairly safe ;-)

We announced a 2 year period after PokerTracker 4 was released before PokerTracker 3's official end of life. The End of life is just the end of official support and bug fixes, the license will remain active indefinitely - but you may find that it will be no longer usable as time marches on because poker sites change their hand history formats. Once PokerTracker 4 was released we continued to put out rare updates for PokerTracker 3 to assure none of the features break - but we no longer add new features to PokerTracker 3 - for example PokerStars Zoom heads up tables will not be supported in PT3 because this is a new feature release from PokerStars, but we will support this in PokerTracker 4.

Hope this explanation helps!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Thank you very much for the as always valuable input PokerTracker.

Hope that helps you canniballsy! :)

Mal.
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Thank You very much.
      In a nutshell it answers all my questions and beyond.
      Looking forward to buying one soon!