• 3 replies
    • Flooooky
      :spade: Homework 1 :spade:

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)

My motivation of playing poker is because I enjoy it, although my knowledge is vague I still try to play at every opportunity I get, which is why I am now making the move to online poker so I can focus on improving without having to get a home game sorted. I hope to get up to a comfortable level where I can supplement my monthly income, maybe NL100-NL200, this may take me years but I am hoping I can achieve it as I am a very determined person and enjoy new challenges.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?( What are the mistakes you know you are making during your games? Are you playing while you're tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see theshowdown too much? Write down as many as you think are affecting you.)

I don’t really know my weakness, there will be many but I haven’t played enough to realise the main points. I should imagine I play too many hands and don’t give up when I am beat, I think this is down to emotion, stupidity and lack of understanding of player types and hand ranges. If anyone has anyone knows of some decent reading for these topics it would be greatly appreciated for you to point me in the right direction.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is and why does it work.)

My understanding of a tight aggressive play is when you play hands in the higher part of your ranges in an aggressive manor, i.e raising/re-raising in position, continuation betting the flop and even the turn. In many cases especially at the lower limits this is an effective way of playing because you have many weak players limping and calling who associate someone who is a TAG with strength and will often fold better hands.
      Hopefully the answers make some sense!

:spade: Flooooky :spade:
    • Alan883
      Good luck Flooooky. This is exactly what i suggested to you in my reply to your first post but you were faster than me :f_cool: . I see you are very motivated which is so great. Beginners' Course is the way to go.

Good luck.
    • BogdanPS
      Hello Flooooky,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Good job with the first homework. It is very detailed and shows that you care and put in a good effort.

As you progress through this course and increase your knowledge about the game you will be able to slowly start to understand (and spot) some of your weaknesses. And me, as a coach/hand evaluator, I'll be able to spot some as well from your posts (theoretical and hand histories).

Best of luck and keep us posted.