This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

PT3 Stats: Losing at 1.5$ Turbos

• 3 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, andreibalint!

Only from the comment itself, I can already point a few things I think you can do better, lets start from that and then I will add a few more things regarding the graph:

When in HU:
      -play exploitable strategy. Many players will not adjust/have leaks in their game and you need to be able to take advantage of that. To be more specific-never ever push QJ 20bb, KTo 20bb, JTs 20bb as you lose ton of value pre. Never 3bet shove them over a raise either, unless opponent is r/c 78s for 20bb, which happens rarely.

These hands(QJ, KT, JTs) have great playability postflop, you have positional advantage and when u push-u win 1 bb out of 20bb, but when u get called, often you are flipping at best(a bit behind actually vs pairs and Ax). On top of that-you lose significant value from hands that will flat and playback post-like T7s, T5s, T8o, K5o, J5s. So what I suggest doing vs most opponents is-open shove 22/33 as they suck postflop. No matter what range our opponent call, it's never gonna be a minus EV shove. I mean...really, never. QJ/KT/JTs I will generally raise pre for value. If opponent is 3betting a lot-you have to adjust by wideing up your r/c range and start limping some middling hands like 89s, JTs, QTo that will be very marginal raise/calls. Rag Ax-out of position for 20bb-just shove them on a raise readless. IP-better raise them pre. They will be unexploitable shoves pre just like 22/33, but there is usually more value postflop as we have strong showdown value, etc, etc. For 16bb effective or less, I generally shove low Ax-A2-A7(suited and offsuited) and raise/induce with A8+

So from your comments, I suggest-work on your HU game. That will increase your overall winnings by a lot. Many 9-man, 6-man turbo regs suck at HU game. Even at midstakes, not to mention micros.

The figures-hard to say and yes-480 sngs is no sample. You need much bigger one. Try with 3k and see where you stand.

You need to-not fold to a cbet as often, c/r much more and get familiar with putting our opponents on ranges and level of thinking(can he fold mid/third pair, is there value in thin betting second pair/good kicker etc, etc). You need also to defend your blinds more often.

But once again-better good a sample first and then we analyse in more details.

Wish you a much better run until then!
    • TheLint
      TheLint
      Bronze
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot, I'll try to digest and use your advice. I played around with a ROI simulator and basically there's a slim chance that i'm beating these games by 5%+ ROI and run at -8% for 500 games, so that got me thinking.

For me it's really weird since I was beating 12$ SNG's pre black friday and now I'ts hard to beat 1.5?? I have no clue what the hell changed that much.

How about bubble abuse? Used to work great and I'm bleeding money with all the trash hands.