Back in the days I was king of the hill out there and I want my crown back.

• Poochiedarling
      Poochiedarling
      Bronze
      Hello pokerstrategy!

Like title say I was king of the hill out there and want my "crown" back. I'm not interest share my screen names so all what you guys will have be my words. Take or leave it.

History:

Like many others I did see WPT on tv around 2006 and some commercials about online poker rooms. Ofcourse after that I went to computer and did do some google search about online poker. First I was really skeptic but maybe after 15 min I did have account and money deposit to Ongame network. Basically after this I was hooked. There was lot of deposits not sure about total sums but many 100$ and 500$. Most of the time I did go busto under 15 min in cash games. Sometimes I did register highest sheluded tournaments where I could and was out in 10 min or I did blinded out. There was no bankroll management or anything. Or maybe there was one buyin bankroll management. Because this was my hobby I was not worry about it. It was really fun and dear god how I miss my friday night drinking "grinds".

Around 2008-09 or somethink I was unemployed and complete broke and debts to my friends. Young man have to keep partying you know. I was really desperate about my situation and I was searching new job with my computer but somehow I did open some poker clients and did found around 2$ one of them. This 2$ did change my life. I joined 1$ STT tourney and managed to cash on it. Soon my 2$ was 20$ and I did keep playing 1$ games then it did go to 100$ and I jumped to 3$ and 5$ games. Managed to bink some 5$ mtt's with huge 400-600$ 1st prize. I get my bankroll around 800$. Then on forums I did read about rakeback and back in days there was so called 8x bonuses on ongame. They was unlimited and it guaranteed 62% rakeback + rake races and they was unlimited. I did do some calculations and my reaction was "wow I don't need to make profits and I make will make enough money to ball hard".

So I did change ongame skin to another one and keep grinding. Around this time I did first time heard about cardrunners and I did find download links to them videos or something or maybe I did use free 7 days trial and did watch some stt videos out there. I was "studying" and grinding like grazy maybe 12 tabling or something. I did buy holdem manager and I did use free tool for sng's called SNGEGT. If I look behind now I did make huge mistakes with those tools and videos. Very fast after this I did make my first 1k$ month on micro stt's. Only sky was limit... Some point I did invest money to sngwiz and this point I really started to work my game. It was huge eye opener to me and I really started crushing micro stt's. Soon I was one of biggest winner on <10$ games and it did only take 2-4 months from me. Same time there started to be some problems on Ongame network, sng traffic did go down because really bad software update and network also refused to offer continuesly 8x bonuses so I needed new home.

2009-10 I did look different options and because I did not have much money I did find backer to stars/ftp. Sametime I did keep grinding stt's on ongame on my own. I got absolutely crushed on ftp/stars but manage to make money on Ongame. After long breakeven stretch and lack of motivate to play on stars/ftp we did end deal, it did end on small profits maybe 1k$. And I decided to play only on ongame but like I did say before traffic was really bad on there. So I decided to give another shot to ftp/stars. I did make new deposit there and was thinking, don't worry if you go busto because you will get backer if needed... But I manage to hit upswing and did build my 500$ deposit really fast to 2k$+. I did mainly play 10$ stts but time to time I did take shots to 20$ and 30$+. Really fast I was again biggest winner on these games on these limits. Other regs did table select, I did not need to, they avoid my self. I was happy about $$$ what was coming and was grinding up to 50$ never really took shots to 100$ really small sample on there.

Then shit hit on fan. Black friday. Offcourse 90% of my life roll was on stars/ftp. I was complete shock and I did keep reading forums. I remember when I was thinking that if I get access to my account I will withdraw all my money. Well you know what I did when ftp/stars did got back after couple days shutdown. I did not do anything. I was just happy that rooms are back online and I can continue my grinding. Really don't know why I was so blue eye's back on then. After first shutdown sng traffic did get huge hit and I was fuck up and was hoping that Usa players will get back to site soon. Never happened but one day servers was again down and now I did not have any access to my money. Dear fucking god how stupid can people be... I was not worried, because last time servers was back up after couple days so I did go to drinking. Next days I did read really bad news and was thinking, why this happen again to me, like why year after year I'm busto. I was really depressed but managed to find backer to cash games because volume was dead on sng's and allways I did have dreams to play high stakes cash. I'm not interest go details only tell that it did not end well... One night I was grinding and was little tilted, I decided to go drinking and next morning my life did change again... I wake up and look my apartment, everything was smashed broke. and I don't have any flash backs what have happened. I tryed to start my laptop but it did not work anymore, I did have some $ on my home and did go to buy new one. I don't know why I was keeping dreams alive on my head that everything is fine... I got home and softwares installed and log in to accounts. Balances 0$. FUCK MY LIFE. I did have some money on my bank but about 98% of my backers moneys and profits was gone. I did make deposit and hoped to recoup fast before my backer start to ask why i'm not playing. I was avoiding this really long time. I think it's nature of human, I was so shamed. That money was nothing to my backer but big moneys to my self. He did try to contact to me but I did keep rejecting him but some point I did tell truth to him what happened. He did take it pretty cool but still i did avoid conversations with him. I promised to pay him back and that's what I'm going to do in future. Little after this I did read that ftp will reopen and this was good news to me, I can get $ and start to grind and pay my depts back. Well I was hunting loses and keep loosing I was megatilt and did take rest money what I did have on my account to skrill. Same day I did go to flight booking site and I booked flight to Thailand. I was thinking, because I'm fucking busto again I can at least go holiday last time. So after couple days I was in airport with my luggage, laptop, return ticket after 3months and around 5k$ money with me. In Thailand like many others, I did really love. Not a bar girl, just really standard Thai lady. We have been together since day one after I arrive in here.

So this is where we are now. About 3k$ on poker accounts. 2 month living expensive money in the bank. Hell lot of depts to pay to backer... So what I'm going to do now? Well I start grind stt's again and this thread will be my motivator and I will repay everything and earn my crown back. I'm about 20k vpp's short to supernova, this is my volume goal to 2013. I will mostly play 6-max turbo stt's but will mix with 9max reg speeds if I wake up early. There is not much traffic on those out of peak hours. I try to grind December on mainly 15$ games but can play up to 100$. It's all about what games are running and what kind players I see registering them. I have railed some of 100$ and I'm 95% sure that I will beat them in future just need roll first.

2014 I will grind minimum 300k vpp's and make 30k$ profits pre rakeback. If I get roll big enough I will make it elite. I will post weekly updates and possible some hh's but mainly I will work only by my self. I have actually never been very active on forums and don't have any poker friends anymore. I have allways been more like lonesome cowboy so let it be like that because i'm really long way from home...

• 6 replies
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      Wow!

1] The games are harder these days, at every level. No, I DON'T know this from personal experience, which is limited. But that experience is confirmed by what the experts post on these pages. That means you must undergo a continual process of education, and it means finding games or sites where you have an edge.

2] The opponent who is always most dangerous to you is yourself, but I think you have learned this already.

3] The experiences of Western men attempting serious relationships with Thai ladies are so frequently negative that this appears to me as a -EV move. You may be one of the exceptions, but if you develop a real bankroll again, keep your account codes safe ......

4] The matter of your backer -

#first, this is a serious debt of honour.
      # second, you will get a good reputation if you pay the guy back, a better one if you put a little something on top as an apology for freaking him out.

GL at the tables ..............
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Poochiedarling,

Welcome to the blogs.

What an awesome first post. You've certainly been on a rollercoaster journey. Hopefully things will settle down into a nice balla lifestyle.

GL and look forward to reading more

Regards

Laz
    • Poochiedarling
      Poochiedarling
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Glopslart
      Wow!

1] The games are harder these days, at every level. No, I DON'T know this from personal experience, which is limited. But that experience is confirmed by what the experts post on these pages. That means you must undergo a continual process of education, and it means finding games or sites where you have an edge.

2] The opponent who is always most dangerous to you is yourself, but I think you have learned this already.

3] The experiences of Western men attempting serious relationships with Thai ladies are so frequently negative that this appears to me as a -EV move. You may be one of the exceptions, but if you develop a real bankroll again, keep your account codes safe ......

4] The matter of your backer -

#first, this is a serious debt of honour.
      # second, you will get a good reputation if you pay the guy back, a better one if you put a little something on top as an apology for freaking him out.

GL at the tables ..............
      1)Yeah avg player might be better but still games are soft on low limit games, no matter is format 6max, 9max or 18man. I'm actually really surprise that most regs have +roi on those games after seeing them play so it definately proves that there have to be some $ to collect.

2)Totally agree.

3)I was also thinking that "serious" relation would be -ev but believe me, there is also good womans out there.

4)I will never ever get good reputation again. That is 100% sure. This mess have been way too much for my self and just want to clear it, somehow.

Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey Poochiedarling,

Welcome to the blogs.

What an awesome first post. You've certainly been on a rollercoaster journey. Hopefully things will settle down into a nice balla lifestyle.

GL and look forward to reading more

Regards

Laz
      Thx for nice words.

My life seem to go 5 year cycles, every 5 years I ruin my life. Some people's just don't never learn... I really need coaching from The great above the law Charlie Sheen...

About games. Doing well on 15's with 4.5% roi. Lot of 3rd place finishes actually 20.8%. 4th allmost same. 30's well sample is what it is. Still have to keep them away my regular shelude month or two. My roll just can't handle them now, nomatter if games are way better there than 15's... 7's are hyper's what I did play one night when drinking little... Oh old good memories...

I did take cash games to my shelude and try to play 1-2k hands daily. Running great on 50's EV say's i'm running hot but that stupid line can't calculate setup hands what I bet fold or check fold on river. Still i'm more than happy that my ace's hold when going allin or my 99's vs 33.

Tomorrow I will go to mini holiday with my lady. I hope i'm not too tired when coming back to home because games are super juicy on weekends.
    • Poochiedarling
      Poochiedarling
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players -

BTN: $19.44
      SB: $50.25
      Hero (BB): $67.91
      UTG: $79.05
      CO: $37.32

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with 7 :heart: 7 :club:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) 5 :heart: 7 :spade: 9 :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $2.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $8.50, UTG calls $6

Turn: ($21.50) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $15, UTG raises to $30.50, Hero raises to $57.91 all in, UTG calls $27.41

River: ($137.32) 9 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Poker Stars $13.92+$1.08 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 4 players -
      Hero (BTN): t2391 23.91 BBs
      SB: t2360 23.60 BBs
      BB: t1775 17.75 BBs
      CO: t2474 24.74 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is BTN with J :heart: K :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to t200, 1 fold, BB calls t100

Flop: (t450) 7 :spade: 8 :spade: J :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets t216, BB raises to t1575 all in, Hero calls t1359

Turn: (t3600) 4 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t3600) 2 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Poker Stars $13.92+$1.08 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t75/t150 Blinds - 5 players -
      Hero (BB): t2821 18.81 BBs
      UTG: t2130 14.20 BBs
      CO: t920 6.13 BBs
      BTN: t941 6.27 BBs
      SB: t2188 14.59 BBs

Pre Flop: (t225) Hero is BB with A :heart: J :club:
      UTG raises to t300, 1 fold, BTN calls t300, SB calls t225, Hero calls t150

Flop: (t1200) A :club: K :club: A :diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN checks

Turn: (t1200) T :club: (4 players)
      SB bets t1888 all in, Hero calls t1888, UTG folds, BTN folds

River: (t4976) 9 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Poker Stars $13.92+$1.08 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t25/t50 Blinds - 6 players -

Hero (CO): t1470 29.40 BBs
      BTN: t1810 36.20 BBs
      SB: t2120 42.40 BBs
      BB: t2025 40.50 BBs
      UTG: t705 14.10 BBs
      MP: t870 17.40 BBs

Pre Flop: (t75) Hero is CO with J :club: A :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to t125, BTN raises to t250, 2 folds, Hero calls t125

Flop: (t575) J :heart: 6 :heart: J :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets t189, BTN raises to t1350, Hero calls t1031 all in

Turn: (t3015) 2 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t3015) K :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

All hand's vs somekind regs on these limit's. Let me know what they did have. Fist hand is from cash, rest from sng's.
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      Ok sugarbabe-

Hand 1= 55;

Hand 2= 9,10, :spade:

Hand 3= Q,2, :club:

Hand 4= J :diamond: , Kx

How close was I?
    • Poochiedarling
      Poochiedarling
      Bronze
      I did grind supernova status last year. Did do it on nl50 where I'm about break even before bonuses. Higher stakes did not go good just saying... Have been really lazy so far but this month finally started open some stt's. Fact is, that I can't beat micro limit cash games with high enough winrate but I can beat stt's higher roi than avg "reg" (now sample is low but I have record of 40k stt's lifetime with one highest winrates).

Fist I was little trouble because game have changed little after I played these full time, took some time to adjust these days regfishes style. I have volume problem, can't play anymore 12+ tables continuesly, now it looks like 7 is absolutely maximun if there is some buble/hu going, if not then up to 10. Hope I can improve this part really fast. Most of these levels sucks, like I did when I did not adjust vs them style but they are really easy to exploit.

I hope that I can buy 1600$ bonus in this month, need 45k points, should be possible to do in 15$ because really need that money to cover my life expensives but then I really need to add volume. Next month my rent contract will end and I have to move to another house, I did have new house "booked" but because this is fucking Thailand and nothing goes easy way I got this week info message from home owner that it can be that he can't rent that home because he might have buyer for it. Original plan was move to 25th but now have to wait to 25th to get info from home owner what will happend with it. Problem is that I don't have second home looked yet and that's not easy in here eastern part of Thailand this is not like those tourist places where you have everything online or some kind office where you could go, this is real Thailand and here life is totally different, just driving around and seeking home for rent and offcourse you need someone who can speak Thai. So let see what will happend.

Also yesterday my visa did end and I did want to go immigration to make extension for it. And offcourse yesterday was some fucking mega holla buddha day and immigration closed. So now i'm "illegally" in here, great! Have to go monday and hope that hey can give me extension on monday because friday it was closed. Worst scenario is I get red stamp and have to go away from Thailand and not come back little time + pay overstay , second worst have to pay overstay 500THB/day + go to border walk to Cambodia buy visa to there and walk back to Thailand and get 14days re-entry, best scenario get 60days extension to my visa on monday to visit "family".

I try to start regulary updates in here and post some graphs from games. And in future when I get my life roll healthly will take some students + planing to start to sell coaching in future.

2014 First ~500 games started on february: