Hello

• AmarilloSlimFan
      AmarilloSlimFan
      Basic
      I'm an old school live NL poker player from USA. How is everyone doing tonight? I wish they would bring online poker back to the states. Does anyone feel the same way? Until then I guess Ill have to keep up my monthly live poker game with the same group of clowns.

-Mark
  • 4 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Oh how I wish all the US players were back!

Hi, AmarilloSlimFan...

I live on the Wet coast of Canada, and from 17:00 to 20:00 every night there were loads of people playing.

Unfortunately, that is way past their bedtime in Europe!

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

Best of luck in your live games,
      --VS
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Mark,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.

I'm fine. How are you? :)

We all miss you guys and can't wait until you're back online (Particularly the fishy ones :P ).

I don't mind a home game against a bunch of clowns. Sounds profitable to me. :s_biggrin:

If you have any questions, feel free to fire away.

Cheers

Laz
    • AmarilloSlimFan
      AmarilloSlimFan
      Basic
      Hey Laz and Vorpal, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm doing great! I'll be doing even better as soon as I get my Canadian visa so I can jump across the border to the local wifi spot and take a chair in some freeroll tournaments. I won 6 out of 10 of those back in my college days. It was really a game of patience more than anything. Everyone can figure odds, but not everyone is patient enough for a good showdown.

There is a hearing in Congress by a committee to review the "Online Poker Freedom Act". I'm anxious to see the results. I don't mind if they regulate it as long as I can play. I've probably made more money from online poker than I have live poker. Even if that was not the case. Id spend the money that would normally go towards Netflix on online poker.

Have you ever played a live game against a clown? You never win because their faces are painted on. Its hard to know if they're nervous or confident. Gauging facial expressions is as important to to a poker player as measuring wind speed and direction is to a golfer.

Assuming they get us back up in running in the online poker community, is there any recommendation on a good site that hosts daily NL freerolls?
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey AmarilloSlimFan

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

We have a thread to find the perfect room for you, check it out.

Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

I am playing on Coral poker right now and I know there are some freerolls every day. But if your home game is MTT's I don't know if this is the perfect spot for you to play on.

Best regards

RasTweet