[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJo what to do after miniraise?

• koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Hero:
      $1.88
      BB:
      $4.45
      UTG:
      $2.00
      UTG+2:
      $10.00
      MP1:
      $1.40
      MP2:
      $1.85
      MP3:
      $15.09
      CO:
      $1.70
      BU:
      $10.91

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , J:diamond:
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.20, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, 2 folds

How to handle a miniraise and a call? Should I simply fold because the SHC says so? Or maybe raise to 0.8$ ignoring the fact that someone made a raise?
  • 10 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      stack sizes? , generally minraises are treated as limps so i would push with AJo from the sb
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      stack sizes? , generally minraises are treated as limps so i would push with AJo from the sb
    • koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by allizdoR
      I added the stack sizes now. What would be an appropriate raise size?
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      You have way too many SSSers on your table man.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by koaesica

all in.
    • koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      You have way too many SSSers on your table man.
      I didn't even think of them. Maybe I should start paying more attention to shortstackers.

Originally posted by koaesica

all in.
      All in even though it's only about 43% of my stack?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      only 43% of your stack means that you are comited to any flop, please, just go all in.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Its ok, to play vs shortstackers, just not to many TAGs (SSSrs) They can still double you up. Style of play if far more important than chip stacks. Often the short stacks are playing for fun, small amount so they dont care if they face KK with A2o or they are noobs on scared money who just won a freeroll. Look for loose players at the table and sit to thier left. If you have known SSSrs sit on thier right. After a few rounds at the table you should be able to roughly guess the shark : chum ratio and decide if its profitable to stay. I dont have a chart for this, sorry :D
      I agree with the others, preflop push vs gimps. (unless you have a monster pair, QQ+, then standard raise is best)
      Vs 3 limps = push
      Vs 1+ limps + 1 minraise/gimp caller = push
      Vs 1 minraise 3+ players behind = push

Small bets and small raises attract lots of chum who call, then kill your flop action cause you can't c-bet a multi pot when you miss, or they donk bet the flop oop, and you are not HU with the best hand. So the goal is to get one chum HU preflop or rake in all the dead money. Both options are more appealling then getting into a multipot with chum and/or the other sharks that are hunting them.
    • koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by davidangel
      Its ok, to play vs shortstackers, just not to many TAGs (SSSrs) They can still double you up. Style of play if far more important than chip stacks. Often the short stacks are playing for fun, small amount so they dont care if they face KK with A2o or they are noobs on scared money who just won a freeroll. Look for loose players at the table and sit to thier left. If you have known SSSrs sit on thier right. After a few rounds at the table you should be able to roughly guess the shark : chum ratio and decide if its profitable to stay. I dont have a chart for this, sorry :D
      I agree with the others, preflop push vs gimps. (unless you have a monster pair, QQ+, then standard raise is best)
      Vs 3 limps = push
      Vs 1+ limps + 1 minraise/gimp caller = push
      Vs 1 minraise 3+ players behind = push

Small bets and small raises attract lots of chum who call, then kill your flop action cause you can't c-bet a multi pot when you miss, or they donk bet the flop oop, and you are not HU with the best hand. So the goal is to get one chum HU preflop or rake in all the dead money. Both options are more appealling then getting into a multipot with chum and/or the other sharks that are hunting them.
      I've never thought about it that way, interesting. It means I should push more often, since I usually just call in these situations, resulting in multipots. Which, as you say, quite often results in me folding...
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      push pre, ignoring the limper and avoiding spots on the flop where you have no choice anyways