A newbie's first post

• albedamn
      albedamn
      Basic
      Hey everyone,

I've been playing poker for about 4 years now and consider myself a break even player. But this is not good enough for me so I've been trying various styles to try and improve and become a winning player.

Playing short stack was working ok for me and started asking questions on 2 pus 2 about proper short stack play. Of course, the arrogance of that site came out and learned really quick that I asked the wrong question to the wrong group of players. lol I gathered that deep stack players can't play short stack players and we make them mad.... lol

In all this one player was sympathetic and directed me to this site. I read the short stack course and tried it out.... I loved it!! Very simple to use, did 6 tables and made a solid 7BB/100 in about 3 hours of play. Not a big sample, but it got me excited since this is easy to do and seems like a great way to help me gather site points at little risk.

I'm going to start posting in the biginners section since I do have some questions.... any help would be great... I'm going to make my first post with my results and keep posting my results daily....

Thanks for you're help in advance.

Al
  • 5 replies
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      Hey there, welcome to the site.

I was probably a donk before finding this site. This site is fantastic and you'll find a great number of awesome players floating around.

I started playing sss and although you have started well don't be suprised if you have a few periods where it doesnt go so well. If you play sss to the rules exactly over time your BR will grow.

Beware though that even one mistake can affect your win rate. Re read the articles over and over even though you think you know it all, I picked up a few tips that I missed first time.

I really started winning after watching the videos, by watching someone play you really do get to grips faster.

I now play BSS SH, but SSS is what enabled me to get the BR to do so.

Good Luck and above all stick to BRM it'll save your ass on days when it's not going well.

Regards

Stantos
    • albedamn
      albedamn
      Basic
      Hi Santos,

Thanks for you're encouraging note. I do have question that nags me though... in the long run, what should I expect my BB/100 to be... since you have played it for a while to increase you're BR, you should have some pretty solid numbers to give me... I could find out on my own with time, but I'd just like to get a feel of what to approximately expect.

I realize it varies.... I'm just wanting to get a basic number based on someone who strives to not pull away from the rules. Sticks to the plan as perfectly as possible. I play NL25 btw....

I'm just being an pain to want numbers I know... lol

Thanks

Al
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Are you playing with the initial $50 albedamn?
    • albedamn
      albedamn
      Basic
      No Thebu11dog, I'm not. I has just posted this in another post as you send me this message. I'm just getting familiar with this site and just found out that in order to ge advanced articles and coaching that you have to play at an affiliate site... :) This is a problem for me since I play at Poker Stars for VIP points and I'm max out (playing time wise) just to keep my status. Otherwise I'd gladly do it....

I also asked in the other thread if paid memeberships were offered....
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Yeah ive just read your reply in the other post and got the answer to my own question :D .

It really will be beneficial to you if you can join an affiliate site though.

Regards, Steve