What have you bought from Poker winnings?

• SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      When you play a lot of poker and are winning money - its always refreshing to actually buy yourself something tangible from your winnings so that you realize what you are actually playing for. When skimming the blog section I see a lot of users that have bought themselves various things from their poker winnings - or ordered from the different PokerSite stores.

So what was the last thing you bought from your poker winnings / what stuff have you bought so far?
  • 63 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      To start it off

Last thing I got from the Stars store was:

and not from the Stars store:

• stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      not bought a great deal just books really to help my game, I would rather increase my BR atm rather than buy stuff
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze

• aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Well, I used 3k$ to cover airfares for a trip overseas to my sisters wedding.
      $800 to pay another sister for money borrowed while over there.
      $400 to cover some school expenses for my kids.
      I have just drawn another $600, which will convert to nearly AUD$900 at the current exchange rate, and will use that to buy a laptop. So poker has been kind to me.
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      not that much til now, from the ft store

and as i withdrew my party roll, i spent a few bucks on this

i really love asian food, so those sticks were a must-have :D
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      2 car registrations&insurance, short vacation and 2 micro rc-helicopters + tones of spare parts for them before i learned how to hoover.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      My 3 dogs was an easy way to spend $6k, and $3k on my car insurance (for 1 year :O )

• Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      You've been screwed, cannell... That aren't dogs, that are (slightly) overgrown rats. :tongue:
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Gold
      Originally posted by tomzyb
      2 car registrations&insurance, short vacation and 2 micro rc-helicopters + tones of spare parts for them before i learned how to hoover.
      for some reason i really lol'd at this
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Back when i won 1k playing 5$ MTT's at Absolute poker, I've used all the money enjoying life in switzerland. I also won a shirt in freeroll there but one of my buddies wanted the shirt more than I do. I'm looking forward to buy something great with the money I may win since i came here. But before that I have to accumulate a lot of money (that will be my first gift). :D
    • erptech
      erptech
      Gold
      Last night I won $200 in live cash play and I gave $100 to my sister to pay the electric bill. I'm such a giver.

other than that

and

• Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I bought quite a lot :D

From the money I made:
      1. A sofa
      2. A club table
      3. 2x vacation
      3. A new 22" monitor
      4. Drivers license
      5. Every beer, fast food, smoke and other stuff in the last couple of months.
      6. A new televsion

From the store:
      - iPod shuffle
      - Half of my wardrobe
      - stress star :D
    • mbrut
      mbrut
      Silver
      Dippy19, does stressstar helps you to stand tilt?
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Gold

One of the best sneakers I ever had. Adidas A3 Series, not sure what exact "name" was it, but they were great. (Can't find anymore, but I would love 2 or 3 pairs of those any time)

Some TV equipment (receivers, dishes and other stuff)

@aciddrop
      Man that AUD thing is f**** awesome. You withdraw money now, and when AUD comes back up, you deposit. I've just read that 30k USD a week ago was worth ~33k AUD, and now it's worth ~46k AUD
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      Originally posted by tomzyb
      for some reason i really lol'd at this
      But it's not funny, it's hard, well at least it used to be :baby: But now i have it mastered...or said better, i am master of noobs, or beginner of intermediates, or noob of masters :) .
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbrut
      Dippy19, does stressstar helps you to stand tilt?
      Actually I got it for my girlfriend, becouse she thought it was cute :D But yeah I used it in the time period before I gave it to her and I can honestly say that it helps :)
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Nothing...

I plan to order something from stars shop in close future tho, need to spend FPP somehow. Other than that I believe its better that my money stay in poker for now. Call it an investment it to climb up the limits faster as i think its really no point in taking money out if i still play at NL50. Better sooner advance to NL100 or higher and then think about taking money out...
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      the bigger things i bought were:
      - new pc
      - samsung 24" tft
      - samsung 30" tft :heart: :heart: :heart:
      - samsung 32" lcd
      - trip to bulgaria
      - a fridge :heart:

furthermore i bought a lot of smaller things like an external hard disc, a mouse or just things i like to eat and drink :)
      and a ventilator of course... absolutely must have for every poker player imo :)
      like 10 poker books as well of course ^^

//edit:
      btw: i think it would be also interesting to know what was the FIRST thing you bought from your pokermoney :)
      i think it was sklanskys "small stakes hold´em". first bigger purchase for me was my tv. i was proud as hell :)
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      I don't really need much. Anything I need, I already have.

I keep my "poker related" money management completely separate from my "normal life" money management.

I have a partner who encouraged me to start playing poker to begin with. I agreed to try it out, but added the challenge that I would never invest a penny into anything poker related. Anything I buy, poker related, has to come from money I have won, playing poker. This is one of my own challenges to myself.

I was going to start from freerolls and build my poker roll from there, but PokerStrategy made my life so much easier when I discovered this site, and actually got $50 for free. hehe

Things I have bought from the "poker roll" are PokerTracker 3, a years worth of TableTracker subscription, and I'll guess about $400 worth of poker books. (Amazon.com loves me). I'd list them, but no one really cares about that, I'm sure.

Like Grimzor, right now my focus is more on building my roll and expanding my knowledge than buying things with my poker roll.