This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Slowplay set

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands

CO (42,95)
      SB (36,73)

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](5 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , Q:diamond:
      [color:grey]MP3 folds[/color], [color:red]CO raises to $0,75[/color], [color:grey]BU folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $2,00[/color], [color:grey]BB folds[/color], CO calls $1,25.

Flop: ($4,25) 3:diamond: , T:heart: , Q:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($4,25) 4:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $3[/color], [color:red]CO raises to $7,00[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $15,00[/color], [color:grey]CO folds[/color].

Final Pot: $26,25

Good play on flop? Of course I wanted to c/r. On turn i then had to bet.

gen
  • 4 replies
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Bronze
      Personally I bet out on the flop, I dont like to check raise when I have been the aggressor pre flop as I think this gives away the strong hand.
      If I have raised and been called I prefer to c-bet as its usually what villain is expecting if you miss anyway.
      Turned out ok though so no worries
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Although I have a very nice hand here I don't really get any value from villain unless he decides to bluff or coincidently has AJ. He usually doesn't hold a Q, and if he hit another set he's broke by river anyways no matter how we play.

The only ways I see are:
      -purebluffs from him (board isn't drawy too much)
      -he hits a lucky card on turn and bets it

gen
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You have to bet on that flop. (and I´d make pf 2,5$)
      He could have Tx, straightdraw or medium pp that he´d probably continue.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I have tried slowplaying trips a few times, after always getting sucked out by flush or straight I dont do it anymore, you have to bet to give bad odds for such draws. Now I only slowplay huge hands which are almost unbeatable like FH or higher.