[NL20-NL50] Slowplay set

• generals007
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands
      CO (42,95)
      SB (36,73)

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](5 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , Q:diamond:
      [color:grey]MP3 folds[/color], [color:red]CO raises to $0,75[/color], [color:grey]BU folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $2,00[/color], [color:grey]BB folds[/color], CO calls $1,25.

Flop: ($4,25) 3:diamond: , T:heart: , Q:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($4,25) 4:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $3[/color], [color:red]CO raises to $7,00[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $15,00[/color], [color:grey]CO folds[/color].

Final Pot: $26,25

Good play on flop? Of course I wanted to c/r. On turn i then had to bet.

• 4 replies
    • rhinoneil
      Personally I bet out on the flop, I dont like to check raise when I have been the aggressor pre flop as I think this gives away the strong hand.
      If I have raised and been called I prefer to c-bet as its usually what villain is expecting if you miss anyway.
      Turned out ok though so no worries
    • generals007
      Although I have a very nice hand here I don't really get any value from villain unless he decides to bluff or coincidently has AJ. He usually doesn't hold a Q, and if he hit another set he's broke by river anyways no matter how we play.

The only ways I see are:
      -purebluffs from him (board isn't drawy too much)
      -he hits a lucky card on turn and bets it

• Kaitz20
      You have to bet on that flop. (and I´d make pf 2,5$)
      He could have Tx, straightdraw or medium pp that he´d probably continue.
    • delete461
      I have tried slowplaying trips a few times, after always getting sucked out by flush or straight I dont do it anymore, you have to bet to give bad odds for such draws. Now I only slowplay huge hands which are almost unbeatable like FH or higher.