3 bet bluffing

• maca1214
      maca1214
      Bronze
      I've been switching poker rooms so often a 3bet bluffing range hasn;t been a concern. I'm wondering if done right should I expect to see a profit with certain hands in my 3 bet bluff range say K9s, or does the value purely come from our value hands in our 3bet range now that's it's wide.
  • 5 replies
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Of course if they fold a ton to 3bets we will profit 3betting our weaker parts of the range.
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      Do you have holdem manager or p tracker if not I would advise getting them. Don't rely on them until you have started to get a decent number of hands on a villain.

These stats include fold to three bet but as Rihard said they villains will fold (especially the button) to an awful lot of 3 bets.

Be careful though as 3 bet pots are more tricky post flop and also some villains have a really tight range in anycase and might not be the best for three betting often anyway.
    • maca1214
      maca1214
      Bronze
      Yeah I'm safe enough to stick to 3betting less light until i have enough hands on how they react to 3bets actually, instead of worrying how i am viewed i guess.
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      I think so as whilst 3 betting in 6 max etc will help you boost your bb/100 you don't want to get too carried away as when called you are oop with a weak hand. The tracking software is very powerful once it has a large number of hands on villains. I won't really go into post flop situations as I am still very bad! I do know 3 things however

1) the right villains will definately fold often enough to make it profitable

2) Again vs the right villains doing this will help you get paid with bigger hands

3) It adds a layer of complexity to the game and helps with general poker thinking it challenges you and puts you in new spots,
    • Yonose
      Yonose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rihard4a
      Of course if they fold a ton to 3bets we will profit 3betting our weaker parts of the range.
      +1