[NL20-NL50] AK hit

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands

BB (69,36)
      SB (25)

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](4 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , A:spade:
      [color:grey]CO folds[/color], [color:red]BU raises to $1,00[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $2,50[/color], BB calls $2,25, [color:grey]BU folds[/color].

Flop: ($6,00) J:club: , K:spade: , 6:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $4,75[/color], BB calls $4,75.

Turn: ($15,50) 7:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($15,50) T:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: $15,50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      [color:white]BB shows [ Qc, Qd ] a pair of Queens[/color]
      [color:white]Hero shows [ Kd, As ] a pair of Kings[/color]
      [color:white]Hero wins $14.73 USD with a pair of Kings.[/color]

Should I rather bet dangerous turn and river and fold to a reraise?

gen
  • 6 replies
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Gold
      I play this exactly the same way. Check call it down.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      My line seems too giving away though. I don't get value and if for example the ten that actually came rivers I don't know if i call a riverbet.

gen
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Make it 3,5pf
      I´d make 10$ on the turn, but c/c is also fine. Since he checked turn and river is kind of blank, then you should make 10$ valuebet.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Allright I agree on the valuebet.

The pf raise is purpose though. I make all my 3bets light and 3bet with a wider range instead. I only jump back to 3betting big if there's only people on the tabe who don't fold to a 3bet with a bad hand. Then I only raise for value with TT+

I'd say 15% of my light 3bets are bluffs (with SC or little PP) versus players with high pfr but fold equity.

gen
    • Jumbles
      Jumbles
      Bronze
      I believe the idea for 3betting more here at least is because of you're position.

3betting more is an attempt to counteract the fact that you're oop for the rest of the hand.

Otherwise you're making it cheap for opponents to see flops in position, so they may call you with a wider range of hands. Widening their calling range obviously decreases your fold equity.

My understanding of 'light' 3betting, btw, is it's more about exploiting a villains wide open raising range, particularly their late position range, by 3betting weaker hands as villain will fold a lot of the time, rather than adjusting your betsize.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Yeah I know the term, but I adjust my betsize. Especially on the BB if BU raises I oftentimes get a fold from a bad hand.

gen