software anyone?

• bogeyedfrog
      Hi All,
      Just wanted to say "Hi" introduce myself and ask a question.
      I have been playing for about a year,mainly free poker,still a complete fish and have been thinking about getting some software to help improve my game.I was wondering what peoples views are on software.
      Can someone recommend some software?
      My tournament play is not brilliant but ok.I need to improve my sit and go and my heads up game.
      Also has anyone got recomendations for books to read? or sites to join?which could help me to improve my game.
      Thanks all and good luck at the tables.
      Bog eyed frog.
  • 7 replies
      Hey bogeyedfrog,

Welcome to the community!

Pretty much all your required material is here on our website. You can visit our software section to see all the tools available to you. Most of our software is free or has free trials so at least you can see what you get before you decide on a purchase.

As for books - Why not start on our strategy articles?

You will need to move up our ranks though - to do this you can take up our free money offer or play at a tracked account and earn our Strategy Points

Hope this helps!
    • RasTweet
      Hey bogeyedfrog

Welcome to!

Don't worry about 'being a fish'. We all started as fish!

If you are playing MTT's and SnG's I think you might benefit if you practice with our ICM trainer. Also Holdem Manager will help you in game. Take a look at our poker tools. We have to much to describe here.

I haven't read any poker books (yet) so I can't really recommend a book. But we also have a book section where you can take a look at some good books. I don't think you can go wrong with Collin Moshmans SnG book tbh.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask them!

Best regards

• Yonose
    • pelbonek
      Hi and good luck at the tables!
    • bogeyedfrog
      Hi again,
      Thanks for the reply's,i found them very helpful.
      I have downloaded the ICM trainers.
      Passed all the sections on ICM light and after 235 question i have a success rate of 76% on ICM trainer.
      Which,i'm quite happy with,thought it would be a lot less that that.
      Was thinking more about tracking software and would be greatful for peoples advice on these.
      Once again,good luck at the tables.
      Bog eyed frog.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      Hey bogeyedfrog,

Congrats on your ICM performance, pretty impressive I must say :]

There are two major leaders in Tracking Software and which one you use is personal preference as both do such a fine job!

You can get a Free 30 Day Trail for both of these so you have a good 2 months to play around and see which one you prefer. You can look them both up in our Poker Tools tab at the top of the page.

We also have a Exclusive 10% PokerTracker running at the moment if that helps you decide.

It may seem like a large sum of money at first but they are very worth it and they should help you make that investment back in a short time :)

Best of luck! If you have any other questions feel free to give us a shout.
    • bogeyedfrog
      Thanks all for the advice.
      I have been reading threads by other players and it seems that Poker tracker is slightly more popular.
      So i have decided to download the free trials and try both to see which is best suited for me.
      Once again thanks for the advice and good luck at the tables,maybe i'll see you there.