This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25, KQo, donkbet

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      SB

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.55 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , Q:diamond:
      6 folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero raises to $0,75, SB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,50) A:diamond: , A:heart: , K:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,50, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $1,50

I actually didn't have a made hand and villains very often hold Ax so I decided to fold. Should I consider push in occasions similar to this one?

I added stats, but I think they're pretty much useless due to small hand count.

P.S.: I raised 3BB, because I often steal agains SB when opencompletes.
  • 4 replies
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Stack size is more important than stats at this point.
      Personally, I don't defend my blinds at NL25, too many chum.
      Here I am sticking to the basics and raising 4xBB preflop.
      He flat calls and then donks into A A K board. I am pushing his donkbet. Why would he lead bet trips vs preflop short stack aggressor?
      Your sample size is small, but after 29 hands this guy is obviously a chum. Even if he does have an Ace you can still reload, and he is on your right...
      Folding, of course, is a good play too when you are unsure. If you do shove make a note of what he does and what his hand is. That is, if you are going to pay for information be sure to make good use of it.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      you raise KQ because its a standard raise against SB

I am not sure how often players on nl25 bluff on a paired board or just donkbet with a small pp.

i think on nl25 its the best way to play straight forward and that would be a fold because on nl25 is a bet mostly a strong hand.

on higher limits it would be an easy AI.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      sample size is too low but oponent seems to be a big fish, i'm going broke here.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      your preflop raise is WAY too small

5bb is the way to go!

on the flop i would fold