yes, play 20% less hands
    • MrSvingKing
      MrSvingKing
      Bronze
      You need at least 20K+ to see anything, but tighter indeed
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Now that you play tighter, play even more tighter!
    • Reverand221
      Reverand221
      Bronze
      Please stick to SHC (If you dont know, what SHC means, read the articles!)! You limp and coldcall way too much. It's a serious mistake (If you dont understand, think about the mathematics)! I know it's not that easy for a beginner to fold good hands, if you dont have appropriate position. If you dont get it working to play tight, switch to no limit, where you have to be even tighter than in fixed limit, loose a few stacks and maybe then your brain will realize. I mean, sry for my words, but I find it embarrassing, that you post such stats here. If you would have read only one or two beginner articles, you would have noticed, that pokerstrategy really preaches tightness, its the first and most important you need to learn as a beginner (see also 10 most common beginner mistakes!).

For every single bet/fold/call/raise you need to know the reason! If you do a move and dont know the reason for it, you do nothing else than gamble! Keep this in mind. Read the strategy and stick to it. And fucking stick to SHC - I dont understand, what's so difficult about it to read a table.
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Oh Sengegal, I think we told you this already, tighter play and SHC.
      My stats show slightly looser play and a lower showdown win %, but hey, you beat my AA with 67 so maybe you have a good strategy.(not!)

If you do take the advice from the others you will win more and have less downswings!( alot of downswings are from bad play) Just think about that.
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Reverand221
      Please stick to SHC (If you dont know, what SHC means, read the articles!)! You limp and coldcall way too much. It's a serious mistake (If you dont understand, think about the mathematics)! I know it's not that easy for a beginner to fold good hands, if you dont have appropriate position. If you dont get it working to play tight, switch to no limit, where you have to be even tighter than in fixed limit, loose a few stacks and maybe then your brain will realize. I mean, sry for my words, but I find it embarrassing, that you post such stats here. If you would have read only one or two beginner articles, you would have noticed, that pokerstrategy really preaches tightness, its the first and most important you need to learn as a beginner (see also 10 most common beginner mistakes!).

For every single bet/fold/call/raise you need to know the reason! If you do a move and dont know the reason for it, you do nothing else than gamble! Keep this in mind. Read the strategy and stick to it. And fucking stick to SHC - I dont understand, what's so difficult about it to read a table.
      Man i understand that you want to help but i don't think it's embarrassing to post such stats :D . These stats are from the fist time i started FL. Which mean I was trying to find my path. I promise that at 5k hands the stats will be more coool (I mean tight). I read the SHC before i started playing. I can tell you; I have them on my mind. But as you mentioned, I'm very looose. Now i can't look at myself on a mirror :( .
      I'll take all of your advices to heart and improve. And I'll also read the strategies twice a week. I promess. See you in one month for some updates.

Thanx again
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Yeah, way way way tighter. This it too loose for 6-max 50/100 if you're a high stakes player & you're a lagtag!

You say you re-read the strategy articles and you use the SHC but "I'm a loose player". You need more discipline to be successful at this game and using the SHC means DON'T DEVIATE FROM IT EVER (until you get more experience anyway)! You have to start tight as a beginner and after switching to shorthand and getting comfortable there only then can you begin to loosen up. Trust me you WILL crash and burn if you don't follow my advice.

If you're playing 10-max , then stats like 17/13 VPIP/PFR are good with hopefully ~2 AF.

It's not embarassing to post the stats as you never would have found out otherwise that these are sub-optimal stats. So keep updating and we'll judge your progress and try help ya out!

And Reverand those kind of comments - the hard words are okay, but not insults - are not welcome here when someone is voluntarily putting up their stats and asking for help, thanks.
    • thedahl
      thedahl
      Bronze
      Why is this thread full of dicks today? He recognizes he needs to play tighter - no need to be an ass. Good luck in the future, keep us updated!
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Hi 1seednoir1, its nice to see your interest in FL, 1500 hands is a small sample. If you like FL it is a grind, my advice is much the same, the SHC is proven to work, if you wish to have success don't dismiss it its hard to stick to at times for the best of players but this will only get you into hard decisions on later streets. Sure you may win a few with luck, variance will win in the end and you will be left scratching your head. If you stay on path with the SHC you are starting the hand with better cards than 90% of the fish that play on Titan and over the long haul of FL you will be a winner.

I have played over 100K hands on $.25-$.50 and am a winning player. If you can commit to learning the SHC you can be a certain winner.

Your stats are border line maniac the kind of stats most PS TAGs love to play with. If you like the looser style 6 max Fl may suit you better. I would not make the move till you get the Basic concept of FL first. Have the SHC on a print out while you play and in time you will know it like the back of your hand.

I wish you luck and will certainly see you on the tables soon. Don't think of me as rude while playing if I don't talk to you as playing 16 tables and chatting doesn't mix well.
    • Reverand221
      Reverand221
      Bronze
      i ask for apology for the personal insult "embarrassing". it was unkind.

ill try again, but i must stick to my hard words. your posted stats prove, that you dont play with the SHC. you obviously have not the SHC in your mind. the SHC gives a 100% coverage whether you play a hand or not, which means, it determines your tightness/looseness to 100%. you cannot have it in mind and play loose, this sentence by you makes no sense and leads to the impression, that you havent read the articles properly.

- play at maximum two tables (i recommend one table for the first 5k hands)!
      - hold a copy of the SHC in your free hand!
      - look up every starting hand in the SHC and decide whether to fold or not!
      - think actively about any action you do on the table. if you just fold/bet/raise/call by random, because you dont see a reason, which is the best decision, then investigate, review, post, read articles...
      - forget about making money! improve your game, you can think about money after you have played 150k hands without going broke imo.
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      thanks again... i think I'll read this thread before any session! was playing a lil bit loose minutes ago. Now things went back to normal. I'll post stats at 5k hands.
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Wooohooo SHC is great... I'm feeling it. I bet in 1week I won't need to have the SHC in hand. Here is my most succesful day stats:

So i have one question: Do you have downswings fallowing the SHC by the book? I feel like it's not possible.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by 1seednoir1
      So i have one question: Do you have downswings fallowing the SHC by the book? I feel like it's not possible.
      -50 BB in 1 day is normal..
      -200 BB in full ring and -300 BB in shorthanded can happen sometimes too
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Downswings most certainly will happen. Following the SHC just gives you the added advantage of playing better starting hands than your competition. I have had plenty of downswings to the point were you start doubting the SHC.

Watching all the players with very high VPIP hit hand after hand with weak starting hands makes you think about playing trash yourself. Try to avoid this temptation, continue to play by the SHC and over the long haul you will be a winner. Provided you stick to BRM while in a downswing, one must consider dropping levels to protect your BR.
    • fermion314
      fermion314
      Bronze
      1seednoir1 :

@ .25/.50 you'll find it easy to get a nice stable increasing graph without many downswings if you play tight. Once you move to SH or start playing against other TAGs, variance will be much harder. :)
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      This is hard but I can't do shhhht about it... lost 25$ in one table... flush over flush... next hand... full over full with the same guy... straight over straight... set over set. And all my TPTK meet set or 2pairs... and unjustified bet on me get rewarded with a river luck set or flush or whatever beats me X( X( X(

I also tilted so much due to bad beats and lack of sleep... I turn out to be highly irritable :(
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Welcome to Fixed Limit. :D

You lost 30 BB (big bets) in 1 session, which is a very common occurrence, it's just standard variance. Anyway, if you notice you're tilting (even if it's a tiny bit), just stop playing. I'm highly irritable myself, and when I tilt and continue playing my graph just becomes steeper (downwards). :evil: