This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Sit & Go- the last enemy

• Aspi91
      Aspi91
      Bronze
      Good evening to everybody and greetings from Finland!

I have played several Sit & Go tournaments now (6-9 players), and I have won some of them, got the 2. place sometimes, and once I was 4th place because it was the independence day and I was playing drunken.

My problem is that when I´m in the situation where is only one enemy against me left, I don´t know how to play.. I have done that by playing all the same like in the earlier situations, but then I sometimes get only the second place in the game...

Do we have any guide for killing that last one, or can you give me any hints? I tried to find guide from Strategies but I didn´t find anything.. Isn´t there one somewhere?

Thank you already

-Aspi91
  • 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Aspi91
      Good evening to everybody and greetings from Finland!

I have played several Sit & Go tournaments now (6-9 players), and I have won some of them, got the 2. place sometimes, and once I was 4th place because it was the independence day and I was playing drunken.

My problem is that when I´m in the situation where is only one enemy against me left, I don´t know how to play.. I have done that by playing all the same like in the earlier situations, but then I sometimes get only the second place in the game...

Do we have any guide for killing that last one, or can you give me any hints? I tried to find guide from Strategies but I didn´t find anything.. Isn´t there one somewhere?

Thank you already

-Aspi91
      Hey Aspi91,

Here is a link to our SnG strategy section.

At this stage pay particular attention to the 4 Chip Value articles in Basic as this will give you a grounding in ICM play which is very important in single table SnGs.

Also in the bronze section there is an article about push/fold charts.

These are great starting points.

Hope this helps

Laz
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Aspi91

I just moved your thread to the SnG forums.

I can't give you any advice but I'm sure guys over here can!

Regards

RasTweet
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, Aspi91!

So you refer to when you are in HU game?

Well, the advice I can give you is to watch some HU hyper videos as they start with 25-30bb effective and go down to 8bb and less. 6-9 sng player HU is very often in the same range of effective big blinds. HU game is very, very crucial and a lot of 1-table SNG grinders underestimate it. But you can improve your winnings big time if you achieve a higher win rate at them.