Sit & Go- the last enemy

• Aspi91
      Aspi91
      Bronze
      Good evening to everybody and greetings from Finland!

I have played several Sit & Go tournaments now (6-9 players), and I have won some of them, got the 2. place sometimes, and once I was 4th place because it was the independence day and I was playing drunken.

My problem is that when I´m in the situation where is only one enemy against me left, I don´t know how to play.. I have done that by playing all the same like in the earlier situations, but then I sometimes get only the second place in the game...

Do we have any guide for killing that last one, or can you give me any hints? I tried to find guide from Strategies but I didn´t find anything.. Isn´t there one somewhere?

Thank you already

-Aspi91
  • 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Aspi91
      Good evening to everybody and greetings from Finland!

I have played several Sit & Go tournaments now (6-9 players), and I have won some of them, got the 2. place sometimes, and once I was 4th place because it was the independence day and I was playing drunken.

My problem is that when I´m in the situation where is only one enemy against me left, I don´t know how to play.. I have done that by playing all the same like in the earlier situations, but then I sometimes get only the second place in the game...

Do we have any guide for killing that last one, or can you give me any hints? I tried to find guide from Strategies but I didn´t find anything.. Isn´t there one somewhere?

Thank you already

-Aspi91
      Hey Aspi91,

Here is a link to our SnG strategy section.

At this stage pay particular attention to the 4 Chip Value articles in Basic as this will give you a grounding in ICM play which is very important in single table SnGs.

Also in the bronze section there is an article about push/fold charts.

These are great starting points.

Hope this helps

Laz
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Aspi91

I just moved your thread to the SnG forums.

I can't give you any advice but I'm sure guys over here can!

Regards

RasTweet
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, Aspi91!

So you refer to when you are in HU game?

Well, the advice I can give you is to watch some HU hyper videos as they start with 25-30bb effective and go down to 8bb and less. 6-9 sng player HU is very often in the same range of effective big blinds. HU game is very, very crucial and a lot of 1-table SNG grinders underestimate it. But you can improve your winnings big time if you achieve a higher win rate at them.