I work harder than you!

• ursusmm
      ursusmm
      Bronze
      Hi everybody!

My name is Marius and I am a NL 6max player who is also studying computer science. I recently read the blog post by Schnitzelfisch about goalsetting for the new year. It is a really good post and you can find it here. I did the action steps right away and thought to myself that a blog to keep me accountable would also be nice. I took also part in the Master Your Mindset 2.0 coaching and learned a lot there. During the coaching I was very motivated but the motivation slipped a little bit afterwards because nobody was checking on your results. The blog might help here too.

Here are my 3 goals for 2014:

• Becoming a midstakes regular
      • Reach 300k VPPs on Stars
      • Earn enough to pay for a sick grinder PC and a nice trip during vacation

The now:
      At the moment I am playing the NL100 Zoom tables and working a lot on my game. I only reached 50k Vpps this year but I only played 3 months on Stars. I will grind those games a little bit more until I have a big enough bankroll to take some shots on the NL200 games. I might change to the regular tables and tableselect a little bit more because I heard that the NL200 Zoom pool should be way tougher than the NL100 Pool.

At the moment I am also using spreadsheets to track my habits. The spreadsheet looks like this:

I will use a scoring system to track my progress. Whenever I did something I will mark it green. Failed habits will be marked red. On each Sunday I will give 1 point for every task that I have completed and sum them up for a final score. I will try to beat my highscore each week.

Once I have implemented those habits I will also add some new or increase the volume that I will play.
      I will update that sheet here every Sunday and then you can bully me for my failed tasks :s_evil:

One big thing I already learned is the slogan: "Do it now"
      It is unbelievable how much you get done when you just make the first step and get started with that task. Whenever you think to yourself: "Ok I will put than on the side and to it later". STOP. Do it now. When you put it aside you will never do it.

PS: I am also offering 2x1 hour of christmast coaching. You can apply for that coaching in the free christmas coaching thread. Coaching is available up to NL50. So if you are thinking about taking it then just post there. NOW. Because otherwise you will never do it.

So far so good.

"Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort."
  • 30 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Wow what an intro! Welcome to blogs Marius!

Now first and foremost have you seen this:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1652

I'm not 100% sure but I think plno1 is the bossman here. Can't be that bad can it!? :)

I couldn't find you name in the list so if you'd like to participate, I can moce your blog over there; if not, that's cool to.

I do have one little request howver, woul dyou post your grind setup for us when you get it? :s_cool: I think we all like to see that kind of stuff.
      If not, a pic of you washing the dishes would work to! :f_love:

Good luck and have fun with the coaching, for which we are very appreciative indeed, thank you.

Mal.
    • ursusmm
      ursusmm
      Bronze
      Thanks for the welcome :)

Originally posted by gadget51
      Now first and foremost have you seen this:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1652

I'm not 100% sure but I think plno1 is the bossman here. Can't be that bad can it!? :)

I couldn't find you name in the list so if you'd like to participate, I can moce your blog over there; if not, that's cool to.
      I think the blog can stay here.

Originally posted by gadget51
      I do have one little request howver, woul dyou post your grind setup for us when you get it? :s_cool: I think we all like to see that kind of stuff.
      If not, a pic of you washing the dishes would work to! :f_love:

Good luck and have fun with the coaching, for which we are very appreciative indeed, thank you.

Mal.
      I will definitely post pictures once I will buy my new setup. I will move in early 2014 and then get the new setup.
    • ursusmm
      ursusmm
      Bronze
      Today went really well.
      I did all my tasks and played really well.

I also finished the book "No B.S. Time Management for Entrepreneurs" which is really good. It is for entrepreneurs but poker players can learn from that book as well.

One big rule he mentiones in the book when he talk about productivity is: "If they can't find you, they can't interrupt you".
      He is talking about super focused work and I also adopted that approach. Whenever I am working I turn off Skype/facebook/email/phone and just work on my task. Things get so much more quickly done when you are focusing on that thing and when you are eliminating all distractions.

So now I have to look for a new book to read. I will probably take one of the list I got during the master your mindset semiar. Just click buy on Amazon and read it on my phone 10 secs later :)
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ursusmm
      PS: I am also offering 2x1 hour of christmast coaching.
      So what about that coaching ? :P I've already posted there [that Christmas promo] few days ago, so I'm posting HERE and NOW :) to YOU :P

P.S. Hm .... Your name is "Marius" ... Where are you from ?
    • ursusmm
      ursusmm
      Bronze
      After the application period ends, all participating Diamonds, Black Members, and coaches are free to choose their respective students and discuss all necessary details such as how and when your sessions take place.
      This is from the original post in the christmas promotion. I don't know when the application period ends but after taking a look at your blog I am sure that you have the dedication to improve :) We can get in touch and then schedule a lesson. You can add me in the community so we can exchange skype info.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      This is from the original post in the christmas promotion. I don't know when the application period ends but after taking a look at your blog I am sure that you have the dedication to improve :) We can get in touch and then schedule a lesson. You can add me in the community so we can exchange skype info.
      COOL !! :f_love: Thx man ! :f_grin:
    • ursusmm
      ursusmm
      Bronze
      I did all my task today but I am not happy with my results. I could have played longer today but wasted my time on Skype and watching random youtube videos.

Here is my graph from today:

Here are also two interesting hands I played:

#1:

$0.50/$1 Zoom No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($56.48) 56bb
      Hero (UTG+1) ($100) 100bb
      CO ($184.05) 184bb
      BTN ($102) 102bb
      SB ($131.16) 131bb
      BB ($78.45) 78bb

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1
      1 fold, Hero raises to $3, CO calls $3, 3 folds

Flop: ($7.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $5, CO calls $5

Turn: ($17.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $11, CO raises to $27, Hero calls $16

River: ($71.50, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $69, Hero goes all-in $65

Final Pot: $201.50
      Hero shows two pair, Aces and Queens

CO shows a pair of Fives

Hero wins $198.70 (net +$98.70)

CO collects $4 (net -$100)

#2:

$0.50/$1 Zoom No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($50) 50bb
      UTG+1 ($103.32) 103bb
      CO ($130.27) 130bb
      Hero (BTN) ($142.85) 143bb
      SB ($363.44) 363bb
      BB ($100) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is BTN
      3 folds, Hero raises to $2, SB raises to $9, 1 fold, Hero calls $7

Flop: ($19, 2 players)
      SB bets $10, Hero raises to $21, SB calls $11

Turn: ($61, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($61, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $36, SB raises to $166, Hero goes all-in $76.85

Final Pot: $286.70
      Hero shows two pair, Jacks and Deuces

SB shows two pair, Nines and Deuces

Hero wins $283.90 (net +$141.05)

SB collects $53.15 (net -$142.85)
    • pelbonek
      pelbonek
      Gold
      How did you know he is bluffin in the AQs hand? :) he only reps some combo of flush but still a very tough call on the river.
    • ursusmm
      ursusmm
      Bronze
      I had some good reads on him. He was slowplaying the turn a lot with strong hands but also raising turns a huge percentage of the time.
      Also most of his value raising range on the turn can't valuebet river so only a few Jsxs and Tsxs combos are left.
    • ursusmm
      ursusmm
      Bronze
      Today went very good for the most part. I did most of my habits. Only failed on eating healthy :facepalm:

Today's graph:

That was a pretty funny session. Regs spewing all over. Best hand was when some reg 4bet/called UTG vs CO with KQ.

I also the following book because I want to work out a little bit more to gain higher enery levels.

• ursusmm
      ursusmm
      Bronze
      Hey :)

Here is my weekly update:

I failed a little bit on my habits but I managed to do most stuff. I was not able to do 2k hands every day because on one day I want out with friends and was not able to grind but I am still happy with volume because I managed to average >2k hands a day.

I ran pretty well last week but also played good most of the time. I once played while watching TV and that didn't went so well so I will never do that again. I will also try to get a little bit more sleep. At the moment I am sleeping around 6 hours per night and I sometimes just fall asleep in the afternoon and then get 1hour of sleep but don't feel rested afterwards.

The next week will be full of uni stuff because I have to hold a presentation on Thursday and I will also travel to a concert on Saturday and I will pretty much be destroyed afterwards so I will try to get volume in when I am able to grind.

Here is the reason why I will be a little bit wasted over the weekend:

So far so good. Kepp on crushing guys!
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze

Here is my weekly update:

Gonna "steal" this nice little concept of yours :f_biggrin: :f_cool: Like it very much, and hope it's gonna do something good for me too :f_love:

Have fun in the concert !! :f_biggrin: :)
    • olram6
      olram6
      Bronze
      Really nice concept!
    • ursusmm
      ursusmm
      Bronze
      Yep that really helps.
      I am back and also pretty destroyed :D

I will now take vacation and visit my parents so I won't be able to grind for the next 1-2 weeks. I will invest some time in planning the new year and watching all Schnitzelfisch videos and implement that stuff to set me up for a great 2014.
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Really cool blog mate, will be following!

I guess we will be playing a lot vs each other next year. So watch out for that crazy spewy reg who is clicking buttons all the time!

Best of luck @ Zoom100 and continue crushing :s_cool:
    • ursusmm
      ursusmm
      Bronze
      Hey man :)
      I am a stations so have fun spewing against me :s_cool:

I am visiting my parents over christmas so I haven't really grinded in the past but I am working on setting up a motivational system to increase productivity. I watched a few Schnitzelfisch videos and this is how my habit system looks like now:

I will continue to add and change things there depending on how they go. One big thing where I am having problems is sleep. Some days I only get 6 hours of sleep because I just grind the internet all night long and the next day I just start off by being exhausted already. I will now stick to those habits and start tracking them when I come back to my grinding pc and my house.

At the moment I am so fucking motivated but I only have a Linux laptop here so no tracking software. I will use the time to do other stuff and continue to improve productivity and time management.

A little late but also: Happy christmas :)
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      Nice blog! will follow your progress as I am doing a little the same
    • xcEmUx
      xcEmUx
      Bronze
      Serious Schmarius :megusta:

Good luck ! :f_love:
    • aikira
      aikira
      Bronze
      what helped me a lot with my sleeping problems is to make sure i spend at least one hour outside. can be reading on the balcony or going for a walk.