[NL2-NL10] NL10, gutshot+flushdraw @ turn

• bnapalm
      bnapalm
      Bronze
      Hello. I am a beginner on SSS, and even more on pot odds.. So, even though I lost this hand on showdown, was it correctly played?

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , 9:spade:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,10, MP1 calls $0,10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, CO folds, BU calls $0,10, SB calls $0,05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,60) 7:diamond: , 8:spade: , 5:spade: (6 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0,60) 8:club: (6 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $0,30, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,30.

If I calculated correctly, the odds for my draw (gutshot + flushdraw) are 2.8:1

River: ($1,20) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks.

Final Pot: $1,20

P.S. this hand was lost on showdown

Thank you in advance :)
  • 6 replies
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Please convert the hand. In the bottom right of your elephant hand history area is a PS button. Click there to copy the hand to the clipboard and then paste it in the thread.
      Turn bet gives you 3:1 pot odds
      Your outs: 3 kings 3 nines 4 sixes 7 remaining flushcards
      Your discounts: -3 nines dirty -1 second high flushdraw -1 boardpaired
      Total outs: 12 = 3:1 pot odds
      Good call.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Bnapalm,

On the Flop you already had a monsterdraw so from there I would take the iniative. You have a FD + Gutshot + Overcard and I should bet like $0.4 to increase your value.

As played, it is ok but I do not like to play passively with Monster draws because its hard to get more money out of Villains on Fifth street if the pot is so small ;)

- Gerv
    • bnapalm
      bnapalm
      Bronze
      Thank you for the valuable advice. True, I did not take the overcard into account. Will have to be more careful next time :)
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      I agree with Gerv about betting on the flop. With 6 players in the pot I would bet potsize.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hmmh i disagree i would go for a checkraise on the flop, you have a monster draw and not a made hand so i would try to get the most fold equity which should be checkraise allin. When nobody bets the flop, I call the turn via odds and outs.

Best Regards

Ysessa
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Update: I also agree with the hand judge. Also consider that the kicker would be weak on TP KK9 with so many possible broadway gimps in the pot.
      Personally, in SSS, I get very agressive with a monster draw, 12 outs or more. I want them to fold, or I want them to put all the money in before the river so I can cheer when my :spade: turns over.