This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - QQ 4bet

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Hero ($50)
      BB ($60.65)
      CO ($30.85)
      BTN ($50) 13/11/3.4/24 on 4.7k
      3-bet: 5%

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:heart:

CO raises to $2.50, BTN raises to $7.50, Hero raises to $25.50, fold, fold, BTN raises to $50, call,
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d re-raise to 18$. That amount is better, because players might think that they have fold equity if they push with JJ, AK.
      But I also can´t lay qq down pf. Nh
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      I usually 4bet bigger because i don't want to fold on any flop if villain just calls. I do it with AK also, cause I'm not confident in 4bet pots, so for example if i 4bet here $18 and a Ace or King comes down, what should i do? If i push and he had AK i gave him really good odds for the preflop call. Even without implieds he needs 29% equity to call the 4bet. I could have KK, AA of course which might make his play bad, but still when we get there, i need to make a decision.

So what would you do with QQ if villain just calls and an Ace or King comes down?

Thanks,
      kesgab
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you´re playing against aggressive players then you have to balance your pf game with 4-bet bluffs and if you´re making it 25$ then you´re pot committed to call shove with 65s. If you´re only 4-bet with QQ+, AK, then opponent can constant 3-bet and take pot down a lot pf or postflop and if you 4-bet large then they would fold all the worse hands than AK, QQ+.

Also good thing making 18$ is that opponent might bluffshove with worse hand and you can snapcall there with QQ. Also good opponents would not call 4-bets but shove or fold.

When A or K comes on the flop then I can represent AK and here I´d shove. But you don´t see players calling pf with AK too often. This is one hand that they get all-in most of the times.