kesgab
      Bronze
      Hero ($50)
      BB ($60.65)
      CO ($30.85)
      BTN ($50) 13/11/3.4/24 on 4.7k
      3-bet: 5%

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:heart:

CO raises to $2.50, BTN raises to $7.50, Hero raises to $25.50, fold, fold, BTN raises to $50, call,
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d re-raise to 18$. That amount is better, because players might think that they have fold equity if they push with JJ, AK.
      But I also can´t lay qq down pf. Nh
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      I usually 4bet bigger because i don't want to fold on any flop if villain just calls. I do it with AK also, cause I'm not confident in 4bet pots, so for example if i 4bet here $18 and a Ace or King comes down, what should i do? If i push and he had AK i gave him really good odds for the preflop call. Even without implieds he needs 29% equity to call the 4bet. I could have KK, AA of course which might make his play bad, but still when we get there, i need to make a decision.

So what would you do with QQ if villain just calls and an Ace or King comes down?

Thanks,
      kesgab
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you´re playing against aggressive players then you have to balance your pf game with 4-bet bluffs and if you´re making it 25$ then you´re pot committed to call shove with 65s. If you´re only 4-bet with QQ+, AK, then opponent can constant 3-bet and take pot down a lot pf or postflop and if you 4-bet large then they would fold all the worse hands than AK, QQ+.

Also good thing making 18$ is that opponent might bluffshove with worse hand and you can snapcall there with QQ. Also good opponents would not call 4-bets but shove or fold.

When A or K comes on the flop then I can represent AK and here I´d shove. But you don´t see players calling pf with AK too often. This is one hand that they get all-in most of the times.