Take the money and run

• tightfish19
      tightfish19
      Bronze
      Can someone please explain to me why it is that quite often at the micro cash tables(esp NL2) when someone wins a big pot or all-in they immediately leave the table ? This has been puzzling me for a while. I would have thought it would be more positive EV to stay and exploit their winning image.
      Mind you at NL2 sanity or logic does not seem to apply.
  • 10 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by tightfish19
      Can someone please explain to me why it is that quite often at the micro cash tables(esp NL2) when someone wins a big pot or all-in they immediately leave the table ? This has been puzzling me for a while. I would have thought it would be more positive EV to stay and exploit their winning image.
      Lol. I think you answered you're own question. :f_biggrin:
    • tightfish19
      tightfish19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Originally posted by tightfish19
      Lol. I think you answered you're own question. :f_biggrin:
      Thanks Lazza

You are right, I think I did.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi tightfish19,

I moved this to Beginner's Questions, it seems a more appropriate place for it.

Have fun,

Mal.
    • PriscoInline
      PriscoInline
      Bronze
      Maybe they don't want to play with a deep stack.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey everyone

I think a couple of years back the trend was to sit out and go to a new table. People on nl2 are usually not that good so it's a bad idea to let them play deep.

Or maybe they are just ratholing the winnings and think it's save in their bankroll? :facepalm:

Regards

RasTweet
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      I used to do this when I started playing on NL2 regularly.

My reason was because not many players there seem to ever seem to reload so if I took a big pot off from 1 player and left them with $0.16 or something I would close the table and find a table with more money on.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by PriscoInline
      Maybe they don't want to play with a deep stack.
      ^^This

One of the cornerstones of playing Short-Stack Strategy is that you never held more than a fixed # of BB at a table.

I think that the same applies to MSS.

For many of them though, the stress of going all-in is so high that they need to take a break to let their heart rate slow down after risking $0.80 on a <gasp> single hand.

If you have not registered for the EN vs FI match on PokerStars, Now is the time!

Best of Luck,
      --VS
    • tightfish19
      tightfish19
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answers guys. All valid reasons.

Forgot to mention I play 6 max only.

I think the SSS and MSS are not meant to be used on short handed tables as far as I know. But it is NL2 so anything goes I guess.
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      think bc they're not comfortable/competent playing with a big stack. I know cuz that's what I do but I don't leave immediately I hit the sit out next bb.
    • Frannie1969
      Frannie1969
      Bronze
      I think that they are many players there who have a certain "Tight/Agressive" way...

Most of the times those players have a low amount at the table and fold over and over again untill they have AA/KK/KA/QQ and shove the whole amount that they have all inn.

Of course...people who observe recognize those players quite fast and also call only when they have a nice hand dealed.
      When the person you're talking about has won, he/she also knows that there isn't much for them to win on that table because they won't be called easy and by paying the blinds (and getting robbed from the blinds as well) they will lose fast so they move to a table where other players don't know the tactic this person follows.

It's a very common used tactic but in the long run they won't survive I think.
      Reason for this I think is that each time those players play almost everyone folds and their BR dies on paying the blinds

I hope this was helpfull