suggest an ICM program?

• benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Hello!

Could you please suggest which of the following ICM programs should a person playing SNG's and MTT's regulary buy? (and for what reasons) ICMIZER, SNGWIZ, HMResourcescalculator. I have heard that SNGWIZ is outdated/obsolete and therefore should consider paying for others instead. What do you think? What softwares for ICM calculations are you using?
  • 4 replies
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Cant recommend to buy sngwiz anymore. Personally I am using holdemresourcescalculator (or hrc). I have heard that ICMIZER should somehow be able to analyze ICM in non final table situations. Havent used that software though. But I can recommend hrc as stt and 18man player.
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Holdem resources calculator is the best no doubt. It has future game simulation function, ICMizer announced they would have it but they just put some 0.05 edge or 0.1 edge but that is not future game simulation.
      Also in HRC you can get exact ranges for open, defend, 3 bet, 4 bet, it takes into account limping ranges also etc - its just way better software and for professional SNG player must have tool.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      I've tried both and settled on ICMizer because I find it much more intuitive to use.

Although you can easily load a tournament or selection of hands in ICMizer, it does not currently have a function like HRC or SnGWiz where it will automatically highlight hands it thinks you made big -EV mistakes.

I thought this would be a big drawback, but I think it isn't such a big deal anymore as it forces you to look at your hands and decide if you want to run the calculation. From a review and improvement stand-point, I think it is good, because you get to look at the hand and think about what you expect the result to be, before you click the calculate button.

As they are both subscription based, why not try each one out for a month and see which you like better before opting for a longer-term subscription. It'll be a little more expensive up front, but if you find the program that you benefit the most from, it should make you money in the long run.

***Disclaimer: I am a novice micro-stakes guy with limited experience analyzing hands so cannot comment on some of the more advanced features of the two programs.***
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Thank you guys for your answers and opinions! :s_grin:

Originally posted by Ramble

As they are both subscription based, why not try each one out for a month and see which you like better before opting for a longer-term subscription. It'll be a little more expensive up front, but if you find the program that you benefit the most from, it should make you money in the long run.

You are right, I think that this is a good approach.
      Thanks again!