Reacting to min-3B

• fpBoss
      fpBoss
      Basic
      Hi guys,

I have a question, how do you react to min-3B on cash games ? When you are in position and out of position.

Do you start to 4B bluffing them of just calling their 3B light ?

Bye!!
  • 8 replies
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Really depends. What is their 3bet% in the specific position. How does he react to 4bets? Does he fold a lot or call a lot? Have we seen him playing like this before? If yes, what happened?

I can't give you generic answer to your question, in poker everything depends. But if you give a specific question with nuances, we then can conduct various solutions.

Regards,

Rihard
    • esowes
      esowes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rihard4a
      Really depends. What is their 3bet% in the specific position. How does he react to 4bets? Does he fold a lot or call a lot? Have we seen him playing like this before? If yes, what happened?

I can't give you generic answer to your question, in poker everything depends. But if you give a specific question with nuances, we then can conduct various solutions.

Regards,

Rihard
      You don't think like that, I am sure, if you do, then you time out a lot or fold a lot. Some of those questions can hardly be answered correctly for a big percentage of the players you will encounter.

Regulars don't really do it. If they do it's probably a miss-click and I would 4b bluff wide.
      If a rec player does it, I will call wide IP and also OOP, the latter range being of course, narrower.
    • fpBoss
      fpBoss
      Basic
      Most of the players doing it are unknown to me. I have no stats or history with them. But they seem pretty fish cuz it's always some one playing a few tables and with weird stack sizes.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by esowes

Regards,

Rihard
      You don't think like that, I am sure, if you do, then you time out a lot or fold a lot. Some of those questions can hardly be answered correctly for a big percentage of the players you will encounter.

Regulars don't really do it. If they do it's probably a miss-click and I would 4b bluff wide.
      If a rec player does it, I will call wide IP and also OOP, the latter range being of course, narrower.
      Matter of practice. I don't timeout... ever... when making decisions. I think deeply about them. :)
    • mesisification
      mesisification
      Bronze
      I'd just call really wide or 4bet really wide if villain happens to be folding a lot to 4bets but we never really know that. IP vs min3bet I'd call with all suited hands for example, OOP I might fold bottom of my range, we're getting really good odds.
    • kerwinty
      kerwinty
      Bronze
      I mostly see this from fish with random shiiiit out of the blinds or fish with AA. It's tough to decifier the two. You are getting insane odds ip most of the time so folding has to be out of the questions. Post flop is a diff story. The rec players put themselves in a tough spot 3betting and utg open and re opening action when they are random 45/22/8 donks. I 4 bet for value if decent sample if ahead of his range, call and evaluate flop and his bet sizing if very small sample. It really seems like one of the worst plays if you are a rec player. If you are a reg, you can 2.3 x a bad reg or fish and bet and get folds most of the times with hands you don't want to flat oop but when fish do it I always lol.
    • kerwinty
      kerwinty
      Bronze
      sorry if fish also treat it like a call.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by esowes

Regards,

Rihard

This, just call a lot a raise your strong hands hard for value.